D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SMG54321
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: D4T v2.1 (Final Version Released 07-19-17)

Post by SMG54321 »

hi i ran into an, interesting problem to say the least. every time i try to leave the specter form, it crashes. I'm using gzdoom version 4.1.2 (stable version). it's a great mod, but maybe look into that. it didn't find a
valid caller for demon token stripper at state function 0. can you find the problem from that? i just preformed the crash (it's pretty much on command) for the info.
User avatar
jckfrbn
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 am

Re: D4T v2.1 (Final Version Released 07-19-17)

Post by jckfrbn »

On the d4t discord theres a patch mod for this
User avatar
Korell
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: D4T v2.1 (Final Version Released 07-19-17)

Post by Korell »

Or just post the link to the fix here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/death-foreto ... oom-bugfix
User avatar
DBThanatos
Posts: 3101
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:17 pm
Location: in "the darkness that lurks in our mind"

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by DBThanatos »

Sorry for the bump, but relevant news:


Code: Select all

Death Foretold v2.5 is not just a bugfix update.

This version of the mod rebalances many aspects of the game, while keeping the core experience very familiar. 

It also contains a number of sprite improvements for many pickups, as well some new features here and there.

On the PvP side of things, this version is a drastic change on direction. PvP used to be very tame in D4T, now it's not. It will make you remember vanilla Doom DM, where all weapons deal a ton of damage, and you better move and react fast to what's going on around you.

-----------------------------------------------
F.A.Q.

Q: Are you including D4V monster sprites in this release?
A: No. Not yet. Perhaps in the future, depends on permissions and adjustments we'd have to make.

Q: Is this the last version of D4T?
A: Not neccesarily. We may update it further based on time and our own schedule. There's more features we'd like to add, but this is not a full commitment.

Q: Will you bring X feature/weapon/mechanic from Doom Eternal?
A: No. This mod is and will remain to be based on Doom 2016. There may be rare exceptions, but only time will tell. But this is *NOT* "Doom Eternal 4 Doom"

Q: Will you make a Doom Eternal 4 Doom mod?
A: Unknown. First let's all play the actual game, then we'll think about. 
LowEndPCGamer100
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by LowEndPCGamer100 »

DBThanatos wrote:Sorry for the bump, but relevant news:


Code: Select all

Death Foretold v2.5 is not just a bugfix update.

This version of the mod rebalances many aspects of the game, while keeping the core experience very familiar. 

It also contains a number of sprite improvements for many pickups, as well some new features here and there.

On the PvP side of things, this version is a drastic change on direction. PvP used to be very tame in D4T, now it's not. It will make you remember vanilla Doom DM, where all weapons deal a ton of damage, and you better move and react fast to what's going on around you.

-----------------------------------------------
F.A.Q.

Q: Are you including D4V monster sprites in this release?
A: No. Not yet. Perhaps in the future, depends on permissions and adjustments we'd have to make.

Q: Is this the last version of D4T?
A: Not neccesarily. We may update it further based on time and our own schedule. There's more features we'd like to add, but this is not a full commitment.

Q: Will you bring X feature/weapon/mechanic from Doom Eternal?
A: No. This mod is and will remain to be based on Doom 2016. There may be rare exceptions, but only time will tell. But this is *NOT* "Doom Eternal 4 Doom"

Q: Will you make a Doom Eternal 4 Doom mod?
A: Unknown. First let's all play the actual game, then we'll think about. 
sweet
User avatar
BROS_ETT_311
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Welp...time to go change my pants now. 8-) (HypeHypeHypeHypeHype)
User avatar
tsukiyomaru0
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

I was hoping for a new update in a long time... At last we have one! :D
User avatar
thedeathrunner123
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 1:07 pm
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Somewhere in my mind

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

It will very soon be time to rip and tear again with this wonderful mod.
User avatar
GamingMarine
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:05 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Guarding the entrance to some base on Phobos

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by GamingMarine »

For those who aren't aware (Which is, from the looks of it, no one, not even DBT himself), D4T 2.5 is now available, and you can grab it from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/death-foreto ... t-25%20%20

SIDE NOTE: If you don't have a proper HUD at first, you will need to use a stable build of GZDoom (i.e. 4.2.4).
User avatar
tsukiyomaru0
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Found a small bug with GrenadeTimer, possibly relating with hub levels. The timer stopped going down after transitioning to hub during cooldown and wouldn't restart in another level until I manually removed the GrenadeTimer. I've yet to test with DUMP3 if the same thing happens.
User avatar
TheCamaleonMaligno
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Location: Frozen igloo, IN MIDDLE OF THE DESERT!!

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Great update so far! I have a small bug report that may be present in the older versions as well: morphing into a demon with the runes causes the player to lose the automap scanner
Mech
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:38 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by Mech »

GamingMarine wrote:If you don't have a proper HUD at first, you will need to use a stable build of GZDoom (i.e. 4.2.4)
Wait, so it's either the very newest most latest GZdoom version or nothing? It won't work on older versions?
tyrantkyng
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by tyrantkyng »

I love this mod!
Mech
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:38 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by Mech »

Korell wrote:Or just post the link to the fix here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/death-foreto ... oom-bugfix
File deleted error.

Update: works even with GZdoom 2.4.0 version (and Lexicon mappack), but crashes when picking demon rune.
User avatar
Alptraum
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:39 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: D4T (New v2.5 Trailer pg 47)

Post by Alptraum »

I made a video which includes your mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”