(AKA DOOM(4) for d-Touch)
By DBThanatos & Michaelis
Join our discord here
2.0 Teaser Video
Teaser video 2
Teaser video 1
Download v184.108.40.206 here
TSPG servers for the latest Zandronum 3.0
Well, after an issue where the latest zandronum 3.0 was crashing net games, we made a tiny (self downloading) patch to fix some zandro-only stuff, and now we have TSPG servers up again!
- Code: Select all • Expand view
TSPG Cooperative: 220.127.116.11:10743 (with Going Down)
TSPG Cooperative: 18.104.22.168:10765 (with Scythe 2)
TSPG Cooperative: 22.214.171.124:10766 (with Sunlust)
TSPG Deathmatch: 126.96.36.199:10764 (with UDMX)
What is this?
A mod for Doom2 with the weapons and monsters of DOOM(4), similar to D4D, but not the same at all.
Because I wanted to be able to play with the weapons of DOOM(4) in my phone. And because modding is fun.
What to expect?
- Most of the DOOM(4) weapons, weapon modifications included.
- DOOM(4)-ish monsters. Some similar even in looks, others changed completely.
- Useful (grenade) equipments. There's more than 3 grenade types, unlike what another mod wants you to believe.
- Challenging, yet fair gameplay.
- Glory kill and Double Jump are in (no ledge grabbing).
- Too many skills, for playing on a phone, play normal or super hard (for the masochists).
- D-Touch compatible! Rip and Tear on the go!
- Optimized for non-state-of-the-art mobile processors.
- GZdoom 1.8.6 compatible.
- GZdoom 2.2 compatible.
- Zandronum Alpha 3.0 compatible.
- Coop compatible.
- Deathmatch compatible (and rebalanced for this mode).
How is it different from D4D?
D4D was a mod about compromises: Porting the weapons and mechanics from DOOM(4) as closely as possible but while giving the player a ton of options: how to display effects, how to display messages, what mechanics would be at play, which weapons to spawn, optional glory kills, optional bullet tracers, optional this, optional that. And while having a ton of options is fun, it carries certain weights: needs more processing power, code becomes more difficult to maintain and modify, and half of the options are superficial with little to no gain gameplaywise.
D4T is not like that. This mod was made with three things in mind:
a) To be compatible with D-Touch (android port of gzdoom)
b) To be as straight forward as possible: Less configurations, more action.
c) To match the gameplay style I want to play.
If you're coming to get a "exact replica of D4D but for android", you're barking at the wrong tree. There are a ton of changes, big and small, for gameplay reasons, or technical-limitation reasons. However, if what you seek is a fun and balanced d-touch compatible DOOM(4)-based mod, then look no further, for we have what you want.
But what's actually different from D4D?
Many things, but most notably:
- Multiplayer all around, unlike the singleplayer-only D4D
- Gameplay much more streamlined, no more "which key to open the menu #307?"
- HUD completely reworked for mobile visibility, and brand new weapon bar
- Visual effects greatly reduced for performance, while still looking great
- No credits or buying system, it's all about finding stuff now
- Some weapons removed, because of overlapping roles and weapon clutter
- Some weapons' roles were changed, to make them more unique
- Some weapons' mods behavior or usage were changed, to accomodate ease of use
- Some monsters behavior changed, technical limitations or simply for balance
- All powerups stay in their classic Doom2 flavor
- Did I mention this was a complete recode of the entire thing?