Flakes Doom v2.6b (Updated 06/03/18) Home fixes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Black Rock Shooter

Re: Flakes Doom v2.4 (Updated 06/10) Never Say Die!

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

Flakes 2X4:
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

2.4 goin' HOLY DIVIN'

this is the greatest update so far!
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Pretty much the only thing I don't like is how grenades take selection priority before the rocket launcher, and it takes a good second to switch to the RL as a result. I've tried remedying it myself, but no luck.
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

(ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ DO BRASIL!!! :v )

Nice to see that Flakes still alive and better than ever, GAA :D
Question: Is the compatibility with other mods like Smooth Doom and Ketchup still ok?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

@YukesVonFaust
Lime

Post by Lime »

i thought this is dead, but it has returned!
There are things that I like about this mod from the update.
  • The HAR Is good from the secondaries.
  • Plasma Rifle Sprite is impressive to look at.
  • Nothing Else to say.....
:D Thanks for making this weapon mod. Hoping for more stuff added. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

TootsyBowl wrote:Pretty much the only thing I don't like is how grenades take selection priority before the rocket launcher, and it takes a good second to switch to the RL as a result. I've tried remedying it myself, but no luck.
Believe me, i've tried reducing weapon priority as well, but nothing. I gotta find what is causing it.
Gadosen wrote:(ÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ DO BRASIL!!! :v )

Nice to see that Flakes still alive and better than ever, GAA :D
Question: Is the compatibility with other mods like Smooth Doom and Ketchup still ok?
Thanks buddy!
Well, in the compatibilities department, nothing was changed, except that the HAR can drop in any game (except for ROTT and some other i can't remember, due to IWAD/PWAD limitations), so, probably yes! Unless there's a Ketchup V6 around and i don't know about it.
Lime wrote:i thought this is dead, but it has returned!
There are things that I like about this mod from the update.
  • The HAR Is good from the secondaries.
  • Plasma Rifle Sprite is impressive to look at.
:D Thanks for making this weapon mod. Hoping for more stuff added. :D
Thank you man! But by making some gameplays around (especially with colorful hell and some other monster randomizers) i noticed i made a mistake on leaving the HAR micro missiles 1:1 with Highway to Hell mod by Black Rock Shooter. It's too much OP, and a better option than BOTH the machinegun and the rocket launcher, so i made some internal changes here just for balance...

So i hope you guys don't get mad at next update, which will be a quickfix.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Quick question but do you have the credits for the Heavy Assault Rifle's Micro Missile Explosion SFX? Or is that Malingo (sorry, was a bit confused)?

Because they look really beautiful and I'd like to use the same SFX for my thing. (Also well done mod; would play over and over again 10/10)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thank you! The explosion SFX are probably sprites taken from ultimate brutal doom arsenal using my code.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

There seems to be a black line on the top left of the chainsaw sprite.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Flakes Doom v2.4 (Updated 08/10) Never Say Die!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks! Got it fixed now. I am going to upload the quickfix right now, so keep them F5 here guys :p

EDIT: here it is! Download links on first page!

Not only the HAR stuff was changed. Some things were added too. Here's the complete changelog:
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Flakes Doom v2.5 (16/01/18) A wild Flakes appeared!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, long time no see, huh.

I am seriously out of ideas for Flakes Doom. I can't imagine i actually "completed" something to the point the only things left are pure nit-pickery.

So, enjoy Flakes 2.5 folks! There's an add-on coming up soon and it's really damn nice. So as soon as it is ready and released, i'll post here.

Changelog, as always:
Spoiler:
Have fun!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Flakes Doom v2.5 (Updated 16/01/18) A wild Flakes appear

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Remember the cool add-on i told you?

Facínora from the GamingRoom site made a neat add-on for Flakes Doom called "Flakes Gambiarra" (Gambiarra in BR-Portuguese means jerry-rig/kludge/Macgyver solutions) and i liked it a lot, for it adds cool SNES musics, four new weapons, and more! Get your copies tonight!

http://www.gamingroom.net/games/patches ... akes-doom/

Enjoy Flakes 2.5 guys!!!

EDIT: I forgot to post the video Facínora made of the add-on. Here it is!

StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

TootsyBowl wrote:Pretty much the only thing I don't like is how grenades take selection priority before the rocket launcher, and it takes a good second to switch to the RL as a result. I've tried remedying it myself, but no luck.
When defining a player class in either KEYCONF or DECORATE, the order in which the weapons are listed under Weapon.SlotNumber x is key.

Just change it from:
Weapon.SlotNumber 5 Rocketlauncher, Grenade
to
Weapon.SlotNumber 5 Grenade, Rocketlauncher.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Flakes Doom v2.5 (Updated 16/01/18) A New Add-On!

Post by StroggVorbis »

@GAA1992

I tried your mod with Hexen, on the UV aquivalent skill, and it (almost) worked pretty good. Thr beginning was tough, but that was to be expected when you only have a pistol and bullet spongey enemies. So I tried avoiding them as best as possible, grabbing the two keys, some green armor, and grenades on the way to the actual seven portals hub. Things quickly changed for the better, when I got my first actual weapon. However, there are some problems regarding the HAR which prevented me from enjoying the experience, so I stopped playing after I finished the first hub.

First of all: The zoomed in scope/crosshair isn't even round/spherical, more like oval shaped. Maybe this has to do with my 16:9 aspect ratio. The second thing that bugs me is that it doesn't even have a crosshair in the center. The third thing is that the center itself is below the HUD-based crosshair, which means you will hit below whatever you're aiming at. The fourth and last thing, which is the most off-putting in my opinion, is the muzzle flash. When you're zoomed in, you can forget about going full-auto. It takes up the entire screen and is fully opaque so you can't see shit.

It would be cool if you'd fix these issues, so I'd be able to like the HAR and actually use it in your mod :D

Thx in advance :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”