The Inquisitor III

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Inquisitor III

Postby Zan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Damn, nice, can't wait to give it another run!

*edit: I could never play Diablo for over a few minutes, so the ost felt new to ne in Inquisitor 3. I associate it with it now, which is kinda funny, but I think it's perfect, so I'd say keep it.
Last edited by Zan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zan

Postby John Stalvern » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Shadowman wrote:The Inquisitor 3 will be updated to "The Inquisitor 3D".
Among new additions there will be lots of 3D-models for different objects, new shops' and dialogues' system, as well as some gameplay modification.
However, there is a question concerning wad's music. According to /newstuff chronicles on Doomworld, "INQSTR3 is dripping with atmosphere. Some of it is stolen from Diablo II's soundtrack". Yes, Diablo 1-2 OST is creating a strong atmosphere for the wad, and its replacement would change game's perception. What do you think - should music be changed at the cost of losing loss of significant amount of wad's atmosphere?

Speaking purely about my personal opinion and not about any rules of this forum/copyright, etc., I think the music as-is is a very important part of this wad, and I think that atmosphere is this wad's greatest asset. I think your team used a lot of second-hand resources to make something superior to the sum of its pieces. I couldn't imagine the Old Church or the wilderness without the Diablo soundtrack.

I think the wad is already pretty much perfect "as-is," but I will be intrigued to see what modifications you saw as necessary.
John Stalvern

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:20 am

Shadowman wrote:The Inquisitor 3 will be updated to "The Inquisitor 3D".
Among new additions there will be lots of 3D-models for different objects, new shops' and dialogues' system, as well as some gameplay modification.
However, there is a question concerning wad's music. According to /newstuff chronicles on Doomworld, "INQSTR3 is dripping with atmosphere. Some of it is stolen from Diablo II's soundtrack". Yes, Diablo 1-2 OST is creating a strong atmosphere for the wad, and its replacement would change game's perception. What do you think - should music be changed at the cost of losing loss of significant amount of wad's atmosphere?

Ignore the folks at DW, some of them have a habit of whining about resource rips. (even coming over here to do it a few years ago)
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!

Postby Shadowman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:42 am

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Ignore the folks at DW, some of them have a habit of whining about resource rips. (even coming over here to do it a few years ago)

Thank you, we will do it most likely ). It's hard to find music to replace Diablo OST.
Shadowman

Postby Zan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 am

Shadowman wrote:
The Ultimate DooMer wrote:Ignore the folks at DW, some of them have a habit of whining about resource rips. (even coming over here to do it a few years ago)

Thank you, we will do it most likely ). It's hard to find music to replace Diablo OST.

I think some Might & Magic music might be able to fit the vibe, but yeah, the current Diablo OST feels very good.
Zan

Postby Mere_Duke » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Are there any place on the internets where you discuss making this 3d version? Iddqd ru? Something? If so, give me the link, please.
Mere_Duke

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

Mere_Duke wrote:Are there any place on the internets where you discuss making this 3d version? Iddqd ru? Something? If so, give me the link, please.

No, the project changes are not discussed on the forums. I sent you a private message.
Shadowman

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects