Surreal Killer (Monster/Weapon WIP)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Surreal Killer (Monster/Weapon WIP)

Post by Captain J »

ImpieTwo wrote:EDIT2: Also, for a real interesting time, load up the 1 Monster wad and try it with Surreal Killer.
Those monsters are now nightmarish. Love it.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Wivicer wrote:Just imagine how much hand-eye coordination wielding two revolvers like that would take.
Close one eye to better your aim with one revolver.
Close both eyes to have the perfect aim to your dual revolvers. XD
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Close three eyes to SEE INTO TEH FUTURE.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Close four eyes to master the collage, 31337!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I changed the voices of the Obliterators to some homemade voice clips I wasn't using. Now both varieties have a distinct voice to recognize them by.

Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Beautifully wacky and fun! Keep it up!
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

An update! That's pleasantly unexpected.

Also, I'd been meaning to ask you... instead of starting at the top of the page (currently Project Einherjar) and having the user scroll down, have you considered having your download links go directly to the game in question?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Ed the Bat wrote: instead of starting at the top of the page (currently Project Einherjar) and having the user scroll down, have you considered having your download links go directly to the game in question?
I update my projects often enough that it's a pain in the ass to update a dozen download links as well, so I just link to my Doom Maps page instead since that never changes.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

...not sure I follow. If the page never changes, why would you need to update the links to it?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I mean the link to the download page. Before mediafire started screwing up, I was able to just replace the file and that was it, but it doesn't work anymore 'cos it never actually replaces the file for some reason. Now I have to change the download link with every update. So I'd rather change the link on the download page and link to the download page, than always link to the latest version on multiple fronts (zdoom forums, doomworld, youtube, etc). I could switch to a better host, but something will inevitably go wrong with that host, too (always does), and I'll have to do this all over again anyway.

Besides which, I've noticed that people tend to not bother browsing a person's body of work these days. If they find a video on your channel, for example, they tend to like or comment on that video and never bother looking to see if you have any more on the same subject (and the comments usually reflect this). So hell with it, here's one page with all my crap.

Incidentally, I went ahead and changed the shotgun sounds. The Quake 2 shotgun sounds get annoying pretty quickly and I found a better one. Fixed the Looney Tune's voice while I was at it.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

ImpieTwo wrote:I mean the link to the download page.
And I meant the page at mikestoybox.net; the first few times I followed a link to one of your projects, and saw a different project, I got confused for a few seconds because I was seeing a different project. I have to imagine a lot of other users might, as well.

http://www.echoecho.com/htmllinks08.htm
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Finally have an imp replacement that suits the mod's general weirdness.

Also reorganized the mods page so it's hopefully more obvious to navigate.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Finally. Mermaid in doom!!1 Anyway would've nice if that shark body and leg was matching!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Version 2.1 is out, including an experimental add-on wad that replaces commonly used Decorate monsters from Realm667 (Shadow, Cybruiser, chainsaw zombie, etc).

So far the add-on has been tested and approved for Thunpeak.wad, Sapphire.wad, and Eternal Doom 4.

My other option, instead of replacing common Realm667 monsters, is to randomize certain monster classes and include the new monsters that way (so every imp may turn into a mermaid or a showbiz creep). I'm just not sure if I want it to get THAT chaotic, since they'll be infighting constantly. Unless there's a way to randomly replace a whole class at the start of each map.
mekanchest

Post by mekanchest »

hey impietwo i found a bug
Image the replacement of the paint elemental now can´t spawn the mini versions of him, they die.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”