ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: ZOMBIES: Extreme Epidemic Edition - 1995 TC ZDoom UPDATE

Postby AstroCreep » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Rex705 wrote:Is it possible to get the zombies as a standalone mod?

I'm sure it's possible. But honestly, the zombies stylistically clash with regular doom sprites. I would think it would be better just to use the decorate code and redo the sprites in the doom style for a mod like that.

I am however working on a small expansion. Not anywhere close to finished yet, but making progress.
AstroCreep
#FEARTHEBLOBOID

Postby Korell » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:22 am

AstroCreep wrote:Due to changes, crouching is required and autoaim is recommended to be shut off.

Out of interest, why is it recommended to turn off autoaim? Is it also recommended to not use freelook, too? What about jumping?
Korell

Postby AstroCreep » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:00 am

Korell wrote:
AstroCreep wrote:Due to changes, crouching is required and autoaim is recommended to be shut off.

Out of interest, why is it recommended to turn off autoaim? Is it also recommended to not use freelook, too? What about jumping?

Jumping is optional. Helps in some areas but others weren't made with jumping in mind (since it wasn't possible in 1995). Crouching is required because I changed the height of the player to reflect the original sprites, but did not adjust sector heights in the levels, so there are places that you could normally reach in the original but can't any more without crouching. Autoaim messes with the trajectory of the grenade so it's recommended you turn that off.

RainBr wrote:https://mega.nz/fm/0tVAmZga

This asks me for a login. Do you need an account to download?
AstroCreep
#FEARTHEBLOBOID

Postby CeeJay » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:35 pm

I created an acount, logged in and still couldn't find any download.
CeeJay

Postby Namelessdeity » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 am

AstroCreep wrote:Crouching is required because I changed the height of the player to reflect the original sprites, but did not adjust sector heights in the levels...

You could scale the sprites instead so it doesn't mess with the architecture.

I really like the mod so far, I've been working on something similar.
Namelessdeity

Postby AstroCreep » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Yeah but I’m not really sure how those would look. I would think it would either look squashed or make the levels look oversized.
AstroCreep
#FEARTHEBLOBOID

Postby RainBr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 pm

CeeJay wrote:I created an acount, logged in and still couldn't find any download.
https://mega.nz/#!N48zRagL!HNaRAqv56ICy ... LQNZyZPmg0 it works?
RainBr

Postby jdredalert » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 pm

It does now, but it is not what i thought it was. I was hoping you were uploading the hi res zombies from the previous screenshots.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Postby AstroCreep » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 pm

RainBr wrote:it works?

I like the edits you've done so far, however there seem to be a lot of missing textures. If you don't mind though, I'd like to use a few of those weapons you put in there.

jdredalert wrote:I was hoping you were uploading the hi res zombies from the previous screenshots.

I'd also like to check those out lmao
AstroCreep
#FEARTHEBLOBOID

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects