New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.
Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.
GAA1992 wrote:- But, anyway, just gave a IDKFA and here's what i noticed. The gun i talk about (HS 011), was created by Ijon, but his name is not on the weapon tag, intentional?
Unintentional. A few things were overlooked when I copied in some of ijon's updated DECORATE, it seems. The gun also doesn't respond to the recoil or tracer cvars. If a hotfix becomes necessary, I'll be sure to correct these.
GAA1992 wrote:- Mor'ladim's Tyrant Shotgun has some weird bug on the offsets here when i use it, some flickering on the screen, actually. I'm using gzdoom-g2.2pre-1867-g071485b, if that's of any help.
Seems to be related to just the dev build, according to an earlierdiscussion. I have noticed it, and really hope it's fixed by the next stable build. Current stable GZDoom and Zandro 3.0 should work, in the meantime.
Oh, didn't quite get time to play properly yet, but noticed that my map ( map65 - Electron ) uses old version, while newer one was submitted.
My fault for not pinging it earlier, and at this point it would be big bother to probably fix such thing.
Looking at the original link, it's dead, so here's a new one. If someone wants to play it instead.
It is slightly more balanced ( removed archvile-ambush at yellow key, redid finale and some other fixes ).
I am including it anyway in a mapset I am making, so it isn't as vital to update it, I suppose.
I'm unsure if this is GZDoom's fault or some bizarre glitch involving the weapon pack, but I got a "VM execution aborted: division by zero." error using the December 10th GZDoom dev build, after having damaged Chthon Romero on Shadowhog's Quake map.
(click to enlarge)
President People wrote:Alright, folks. The wait is over, for those still waiting. The weapons of DUMP 3 are locked and loaded!
Everything should be in working order now. All participants' updates since Test 1 have been added, the especially clunky weapons got a bit of smoothing over, and just about every weapon has decals, dynamic lights, bullet/shell casings, or any combination of the three. Some changes under the hood, too! Any weapon can be dropped, uses ammo like it's supposed to, and may be removed as intended when playing the DUMP 3 levelset. The Synthfire system has also received a tune-up, with the primary/altfire-swapping cvar being fixed in the process.
That about covers the general stuff! Here's the full changelog:
Spoiler: Changelog since Test 1
UPDATES - - -
· Updated the MultiHex Device.
· Updated the GOH-12.
· Updated the Pet Lost Soul.
· Updated the HS 011.
· Updated the Ovum.
ADDITIONAL - - -
· Fixed the Neural Stunner and Dual Cannons being undroppable.
· Fixed an oversight in the Bio Eradicator's A_RailAttack that would make maps unplayably laggy after extended use.
· Fixed the Squinkolizator primary checking for Clip ammo instead of Cell (It still cost Cells). Adjusted the altfire projectile's offsets.
· Fixed Laundry-Fu movement abilites remaining after dropping the weapon.
· Switched Magic Nagant ammo system to mimic the Maestro Explosive Shotgun - Load fake inventory if you have shells, but spend those shells only as you fire them.
· Slug Throwers can now swap at will between Ready and AltReady states, and can be deselected from either.
· The GOH-12 can now switch away more easily after using its altfire.
· Played with the Iron Annihilator code a bit. Doesn't repeat itself as much during use, and is switchable any time during Ready and spindown states.
· Made activating the Hellhammer Autoshotgun's tertiary fire a little less clunky by allowing altfire to be held as long as the user likes before pressing primary. Deselect state now stops looping sounds.
· Added some more A_Print to the Nanotool, and made it spam the console less. Limited the gas clouds to a maximum of four. Switched the altfire sound to prevent conflicts with the map wad, and modified the grenade sounds.
· Edited the Holy Water Pistol's second in-hand sprite, mainly to eliminate the copy-paste artifact from the hand template sheet. Also changed like, two pixels of the first sprite. Might've slipped in a few fancy particles too.
· Made Sirus' Buster Cannon's Electro-sphere more spherical. And more electrical. Modified behavior to explode once the orb reaches its tracer.
· Recolored some Tesla Rifle effects to be more consistent in color. If infinite ammo is set, altfire will cycle firing modes.
· Pet Lost Soul fist no longer persists when the weapon is discarded.
· Changed the Varia Launcher's screens from blank colored monitors using the old hi-res icons.
· Cleaned up the Double Shotgun's muzzle flashes, smoothed the firing animation just a bit, synced up the pump sound/animation, and made the altfire a pump instead of lever action(?).
· Gave the Rybak a new firing effect using A_RailAttack, as well as firing sounds from Quake III. Added an obituary.
· Made the RBC animations a little less jumpy, recolored primary projectile to match muzzle flash more closely. Altfire projectile animates faster, explodes a bit later, and last frame cut for an A_Scale sequence.
· Offsets added to the Super Plasma Gun's cooldown frames, and Sirus' Buster Cannon's Altfire frames.
· Added the Maestro Explosive Shotgun to CREDITS.txt.
· Corrected the name comet1338 to comet1337 in credits.
ACS - - -
· Adopted Ijon Tichy's revised SynthFire code.
· Included some functions from commonFuncs.h, needed for the HS 011.
· Added exceptions to the Switch Synthfire cvar for the Chroniton Rifle, Anti-Materiel Rifle, and Hellhammer Autoshotgun tertiary fire. They now work the same regardless of on/off setting.
GENERAL - - -
· Removed vanilla Fist so it can't be given by IDFA/IDKFA.
· All weapons now have ammo checks to work with +AMMO_OPTIONAL.
· Changed +UNDROPPABLE on weapons and slot tokens to +UNTOSSABLE.
· Bullet/shell casings as well as smoke puffs added to all weapons that needed them. Tank Fist given one shell to rule them all. Magic Nagant casings now respect Dump 3's fading CVAR.
· Added GLDEFS for almost all projectiles.
· Added decals to nearly everything. Some new, some recycled defaults.
· Added +THRUSPECIES/+MTHRUSPECIES to remaining puffs and projectiles. A_RailAttack still flips off the MultiHex, though.
· Added +DONTSPLASH to a few spammy effects.
And without further ado, the downloads. Or maybe you couldn't wait another second and just scrolled right on down here! Either way:
Give yourself a round of applause guys, we made it. If even if you started something and will never finish it, you still walk away with just a little more modding experience that could come in useful down the road. Every bit counts! Thanks to Term and the gang for having me along, and to all you DUMPers out there. It's been a fun ride!
Here's to the next DUMP installment not being quite as… constipated. Heh.
Heh. You did it! Thank the fuckin Lord, it's out. (No, that's not a joke.)
I'll play it ... When I get out of Israel. Btw, I'm thinking of making a TV tropes page. Why not?
One thing I would love to see is a weapon preferences feature for each tier; for example, if you set the Frostfire Tome as your preferred Shotgun weapon, you would always receive the Frostfire Tome whenever you pick up a Shotgun, and so on.
I have one question I would like to play but with mod Trailblazer therefore, could someone tell me where I have to add
+ INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE to behave all the items collected by me and did not have any level to start over with nothing?
Hey people. Long time lurker but just now made an account.
I've been out of the loop for a while in terms of Doom, but I'm glad people liked my map. The thing is that, it's been a long while, and my map didn't get the name I gave it nor the lines for the beginning. Since I gave term my map a while ago in IRC I think he may have lost the text too. But I think it's still inside my wad file in the whole package.
So the thing is; will there be an update soon or something? I'd love to have those things fixed actually. But if not, welp, next DUMP it is.
Playing this at the moment, about halfway through. I noticed a few glitches playing on GZDoom 2.2.0
"The mine to hell" couldnt be entered. you got the name and info as you walk up to it but the level never starts.
"Winter in summer" decided to glitch out at the final encounter, couldnt even pass past the stairs like there was an invisible wall infront of me so had to noclip.
"Hot water music" the switch that requires both skulls can be used before you have em. It doesnt open the bars to the exit but it does make it so you can't use it later when you actually have the skulls. It also had some glitched walls that showed up as skybox in one spot.
Edit: some more thoughts.
"Inferno Odyssey" There's no skybox (just that checkerboard pattern of a missing texture) and you can jump out windows into places you havnt unlocked yet trapping you.
"The Crater" You can get stuck behind some vats of goo near the beginning. The cutscene introducing the endboss will repeat if you try to pick up all the items infront of you in that area, and the boss can kill you while it is playing.