D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DBThanatos

Re: D4D - v2.0.3(11/03/16)

Post by DBThanatos »

(4th post in a row to appear at the top of next page)

Hello everyone.

Sorry I havent been very active over here, but I've been focusing all my modding attention on my other project, and probably will continue that way for quite a while. Overall, I think I've given all I could give to D4D in terms of it's direction. It's no secret that my other project is very similar to this one; but it has completely different aims on many things, and that's the path I want to continue exploring. Because of that I've neglected D4D a lot, and due to some stuff that will be happening in RL in the upcoming year, I just know I wont have enough time to keep this particular "high-profile" mod updated or in a healthy state.

Considering all that, Im leaving this project, and it stays in the hands of the other devs. This doesnt mean much in terms of "what's gonna happen to the mod", since the team is quite capable of handling it and moving it forward.

I just wanted to make this little announcement to explain why this thread is getting locked, why I won't be giving updates myself about D4D in the future, and why it's gonna be kinda futile to report bugs / post suggestions for it to me.

As soon as the new D4D thread is created, it will be linked here so that whoever stumbles on this thread as it gets buried, they'll still have a handy link to find the newer version.

ModDB links will probably stay around for the 1.x and 2.x versions of the mod, but newer versions will most likely be hosted somewhere else and/or by someone else.

On a personal note, I want to thank everyone for playing this thing, and letting me know how much fun they've had with the mod, for the suggestions, complaints and even hate. You all got us to get the gameplay cacoward, and overall, it's been crazy!

And thanks to everyone who participated in contributing stuff to the mod! Heh, Im making it sound like the mod is dying or as if I was. It's neither. It's only an administration change :P

Once again, thanks everyone. Im glad I was able to participate in a project that had such crazy reach.

To the entire D4D Team: Rock on people!

-DBT
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Post by Hellser »

Locked by demand.

Moderator's Note: D4D can be found here, now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”