Sorry I havent been very active over here, but I've been focusing all my modding attention on my other project, and probably will continue that way for quite a while. Overall, I think I've given all I could give to D4D in terms of it's direction. It's no secret that my other project is very similar to this one; but it has completely different aims on many things, and that's the path I want to continue exploring. Because of that I've neglected D4D a lot, and due to some stuff that will be happening in RL in the upcoming year, I just know I wont have enough time to keep this particular "high-profile" mod updated or in a healthy state.
Considering all that, Im leaving this project, and it stays in the hands of the other devs. This doesnt mean much in terms of "what's gonna happen to the mod", since the team is quite capable of handling it and moving it forward.
I just wanted to make this little announcement to explain why this thread is getting locked, why I won't be giving updates myself about D4D in the future, and why it's gonna be kinda futile to report bugs / post suggestions for it to me.
As soon as the new D4D thread is created, it will be linked here so that whoever stumbles on this thread as it gets buried, they'll still have a handy link to find the newer version.
ModDB links will probably stay around for the 1.x and 2.x versions of the mod, but newer versions will most likely be hosted somewhere else and/or by someone else.
On a personal note, I want to thank everyone for playing this thing, and letting me know how much fun they've had with the mod, for the suggestions, complaints and even hate. You all got us to get the gameplay cacoward, and overall, it's been crazy!
And thanks to everyone who participated in contributing stuff to the mod! Heh, Im making it sound like the mod is dying or as if I was. It's neither. It's only an administration change
Once again, thanks everyone. Im glad I was able to participate in a project that had such crazy reach.
To the entire D4D Team: Rock on people!
Moderator's Note: D4D can be found here, now.
** Finally out **
Bringing weapons we loved from Doom4, and adapting monsters into a classic style, this is the result of about 6 months of hard work and the dedication of 3 people: DBThanatos, Major Cooke & Michaelis
We proudly bring Doom(4) for Doom.
Our own tribute to a fantastic game, that despite being awesome, left us wanting more! So, we ported it back to it's ancestor. And that's what we have here.
- More weapons: Now we bring the long awaited MP weapons: Repeater rifle, vortex rifle, and the completely new "hellshot": The Carrion Cannon!
- More upgrades: Sad because Some weapons didnt have upgrades? Well, be sad no more! Not only the new weapons have upgrades, we took care of the oldies too! Pistol, Static Rifle, Lightning gun, and even the BFG have upgrades now!
- Glory Kills: Long awaited! You can now do finisher moves on monsters! Go nuts
- Glory Kill Options: So you dont like them to stagger? you dont like the highlights? you dont like them being noisy? you dont like them being staggered for too long? You dont like glory kills at all? Well, go insane personalizing this stuff to your liking
- New powerups: Haste, Quad Damage, Regeneration, and even a Quad Money! Oh yes
- Suit upgrades: No need to have crazy argent cells and praetor tokens and all that. Just use your hard earned credits to enhance your armor suit to do all kinds of crazy stuff.
- Demon runes: Be the demon and kill everyone around you.
- Reworked upgrade menu: Less shiny. Much more useful.
- And too many other things to list. Find out yourself!
Remember, you must always rebind your keys! Lots of stuff have changed!
We brought a new toy to the game too: Proj2Music3Pk3
** IMPORTANT INFO! **
USE GZDoom 2.2.0, NOT DEVBUILDS! THEY MESS UP STUFF!
This mod uses a whole bunch of custom options. It's highly recommended to install this is a fresh folder, since this mod is gonna work a lot with custom bindings which might not play along nicely with the regular bindings in other mods
HUGE LETTERS BECAUSE PEOPLE IGNORE THE DOCUMENTATION
Q. Can I run it with brutal doom?
A. No. "Brutal doom" and "Doom(4) for Doom" are both gameplay mods that cannot be stacked on top of each other. Same goes for any gameplay mod.
Nor should you add other gameplay mods, like monster randomizers or Qtilt. If you add custom monsters on top of this, you'll get almost no credits (currency), special effects (stun and whatnot) and special rewards. If you add Qtilt, footsteps and whatnot, it will break several of the D4D effects.
- YOU MUST BIND YOUR D4D KEYS: There's quite a few. Go under Options -> D4D mod options -> Customize Keybinds
- Remember you can always exit a demon morph at any time by pressing the "mod switch" key.
- For better view of the D4 reticles, disable your standard crosshair
- There's an entire file with information of what does each D4D option does. READ IT!
- You can switch to standard doom monsters instead of the custom D4D ones. Go to . Go to Options -> D4D mod options -> Monster type to change it
- This mod is NOT easy. Ultra violence is Ultra violence despite looking like it's in place of "Normal". The next skills are harder, for real. Dont come to complain "Nightmare is too hard"
- For the love of god. After buying a weapon mod, make sure to equip it!
** Downloads **
In order to play D4D you need 3 things: The D4D mod. GZDoom 2.2. Your doom(1 or 2) ".wad" file.
USE GZDoom 2.2.0, NOT DEVBUILDS! THEY MESS UP STUFF!
- Download D4D v2.0.3 HERE. If it asks you to sign in to download, just select another mirror. We have no control over this.
- Download Gzdoom HERE
- Optional: Proj2Mus3pk; Create a music randomizer with your "Doom Original Game Soundtrack" to play D4's tunes while you kill in D4D. Donwload HERE
// Addons for v2.0.3
// Old D4D. V1.01.5
Download D4D v1.01.5 HERE.
** Changelog **
Code: Select all
V2.0.3 (11/03/16) - Fixed Shotgunguy & Chaingunguy not dropping their weapons. - Fixed ammo bar not reflecting the Carrion Cannon's ammo changes. - Fixed some Carrion Cannon minor issues. - Added warning for the demon runes. - Added option to display demon HUD names when morphed. - Improved chainsaw ammo meter (thanks Nightquaker!). V2.0.2 (11/02/16) - Added an option for Low Quality monster lazer effects to improve performance if needed. - Added option to adjust demon rune rarities. - Rebalanced plasma rifle heat blast. - Tweaked pinky demon charge animation / speed. - Adjusted HUD effects for some powerups - Carrion cannon effects are decreased significantly when HQEffWeapons is OFF - Rebalanced Lightning gun - Rebalanced demon runes - SSG now has sound and visual indications of firing mode (single/double barrel) - BFG ammo counter displays properly once it has been upgraded v2.0.1 (11/01/16) - Fixed D4D Baron of Hell not triggering E1M8 special on death - Powerups have new overlays, fixing lag and bad offsets in GZDoom devbuilds. - Added haste support to all weapons. - Fixed glory kills breaking Pentagram of Protection. - Carrion Cannon can now perform glory kills. - Suit Armor Upgrades now allow armor shard dropping. - Upgrade 1: +25 Max Armor Chainsaw Instakill allows dropping max 2 shards (50% chance) - Upgrade 2: +25 Max Armor Chainsaw Instakill allows dropping max 4 shards (50% chance) Enemies will rarely drop a shard on death - Upgrade 3: +25 Max Armor Chainsaw Instakill adds 2 guaranteed shard drops
** Can't run the latest GZDOOM? **
Here's a solution for you!
** Found a bug? **
You can post a new topic HERE. No need to register
** Credits **
- Major Cooke:
Spoiler: Full CreditsMy most sincere apologies if I'm forgetting someone. Let me know if I did, and I'll fix that right away!
Frequently Asked Questions