Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 2 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cheater87

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (HOTFIX Dec 20 2020)

Post by Cheater87 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:What GZDoom version you're using? Are you loading any mods with it?
Had to get the latest dev build to get it to work, was using the latest stable version.
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (HOTFIX Dec 20 2020)

Post by LedIris »

Hey guys! Just a little update post to let you know that the next build is still in the works and while I don't have a definite ETA it should definitely be released very soon. I have been spending a lot of time cleaning up and rewriting almost all of the code which will make it easier for not only me to work on but also other people if they wish. On top of this I have added quite a few features that have been requested over the last few months! Including but not limited to: weapon switching has been sped up by 1 tic which feels a bit more responsive without being too fast, and the berserk/radsuit palettes have been dimmed which is much easier on the eyes (in general, all pickup flashes have been slightly dimmed as well) Rifles are also seeing a slight buff to their spawn rate. To address the disappearing multiplayer keys concern, one thing I have been considering is just taking out the modified keys altogether and bundling them in a separate pk3 addon similar to the bloody chainsaw mod, so that those who wish to play multiplayer or play with vanilla keys can do so. Let me know your thoughts, and thanks again for the continued support of the mod! :)
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 12 2022)

Post by LedIris »

Update for April 12 2022!
Spoiler: Changelog for build 41222 (warning: wall of text!)
Hope you guys enjoy! Please let me know if there are any issues or bugs you might notice. Let me know what you think! :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YES!

Y E S!

Y E S
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Glad to see this still getting updated! Its still my definitive mod (as close as I can get at least) when I want to play with vanilla weapons w/ reloading. I know there were a few others, but they usually had other weird additions or only a few of the weapons had to reload. And yes, blasphemy. I dunno, I'm weird in that I like immersion in Doom.
kalensar
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Glad to see this still getting updated! Its still my definitive mod (as close as I can get at least) when I want to play with vanilla weapons w/ reloading. I know there were a few others, but they usually had other weird additions or only a few of the weapons had to reload. And yes, blasphemy. I dunno, I'm weird in that I like immersion in Doom.
I just barely made a vanilla enhancer mod not long ago about vanilla-esque weapons with reloading! I know the feels on that. Mine went off toward basic Build Style feels but was meant for vanilla doom immersion.

Thank you for making me want to take another look at this mod.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super mega nice to see this mod's still kicking and doing fabulously. It's always nice to see the smooth weapon animations and such. And which reminds me, i've got two suggestions you might like!:

One is Pistol having 3 burst fire-mode or full auto. Second is BFG refusing to reload if you have an insufficient cells to fire. Feels like could've used it for Plasma Rifle instead.
Fireseth

Post by Fireseth »

Captain J wrote:One is Pistol having 3 burst fire-mode or full auto. Second is BFG refusing to reload if you have an insufficient cells to fire. Feels like could've used it for Plasma Rifle instead.
I second these suggestions. I also suggest that the missiles from the Cyberdemon should have the same explosion sprites as those fired from the player's rocket launcher. It seems a bit odd that the Cyberdemon shoots the same projectile as the player but it's rocket explosions sprites are vanilla while the player's rocket explosion sprites are different.

I encountered an issue where every time I try to change "Enable Voxels?" from "Yes" to "No", it doesn't save. So every time the game boots up, I'll have to go into settings and change it every single time. All of the other settings save just fine, but not this option for some reason.

EDIT 1: I just found out that this problem had already been mentioned previously in the thread... Anyone have a fix?

EDIT 2: I found a fix, I just deleted the voxels folder and voxelsdef.txt. :)
Last edited by Fireseth on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fireseth

Post by Fireseth »

Here is an addon I compiled that replaces the sprites of the super shotgun with those from the Weapons of Saturn mod.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgpvn7hmkxfl4 ... g.pk3?dl=1
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/6wADi8s[/imgur]
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:YES! Y E S! Y E S
mamaluigisbagel wrote:Glad to see this still getting updated! Its still my definitive mod (as close as I can get at least) when I want to play with vanilla weapons w/ reloading. I know there were a few others, but they usually had other weird additions or only a few of the weapons had to reload. And yes, blasphemy. I dunno, I'm weird in that I like immersion in Doom.
Captain J wrote:Super mega nice to see this mod's still kicking and doing fabulously. It's always nice to see the smooth weapon animations and such.
Thanks a lot guys! I'm so glad you all enjoy this mod! The support after all these years is so great to see. :D
Captain J wrote:One is Pistol having 3 burst fire-mode or full auto. Second is BFG refusing to reload if you have an insufficient cells to fire. Feels like could've used it for Plasma Rifle instead.
Thanks for the suggestions J! I've just added the BFG one for the next release, very useful indeed. It now no longer reloads unless you have at least 40 cells.
I like the pistol one too! That will probably get added as a cvar or an addon at some point.
Fireseth wrote:Here is an addon I compiled that replaces the sprites of the super shotgun with those from the Weapons of Saturn mod.
Hey, that's pretty awesome! I gave it a whirl and it actually works really well, when I get home i'll add this to the OP. Thanks dude! :D
Fireseth

Post by Fireseth »

LedIris wrote:
Captain J wrote:One is Pistol having 3 burst fire-mode or full auto....
...I like the pistol one too! That will probably get added as a cvar or an addon at some point.
A secondary burst for the pistol would be great! Something like BD:Platinum's rendition of the burst toggle is great (as seen in the video below), and I'd love to see something similar to that in your mod/an addon, especially how the player would utilize two hands instead of one. Granted, this would probably more complex but I think it would definitely be cooler!
Randomguy7

Post by Randomguy7 »

The only thing that ruins this mod for me is the fact that the chaingunners no longer drop their weapon. This ruins the intended progression in certain wads that only give you chainguns when an enemy drops them. I'd love to see an option to have them dropped, even if the weapon is seriously overpowered- maybe have it only drop on certain tics?
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Fireseth wrote:A secondary burst for the pistol would be great! Something like BD:Platinum's rendition of the burst toggle is great (as seen in the video), and I'd love to see something similar to that in your mod/an addon, especially how the player would utilize two hands instead of one. Granted, this would probably more complex but I think it would definitely be cooler!
Hey, I really like the animation on that one! I'll see what i can come up with, that looks pretty awesome :) thanks dude!
Randomguy7 wrote:The only thing that ruins this mod for me is the fact that the chaingunners no longer drop their weapon. This ruins the intended progression in certain wads that only give you chainguns when an enemy drops them. I'd love to see an option to have them dropped, even if the weapon is seriously overpowered- maybe have it only drop on certain tics?
Uh, i'm not entirely sure what you mean by this as this mod doesn't touch enemies at all, so chaingunners have always dropped this mod's miniguns. I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour either, so that's a bit strange. Would you be able to reproduce it somehow? That would really help! Thanks :D
Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 »

Yay you fixed the SSG no reload alt fire glitch! So happy to see that!
Randomguy7

Post by Randomguy7 »

LedIris wrote:
Fireseth wrote:A secondary burst for the pistol would be great! Something like BD:Platinum's rendition of the burst toggle is great (as seen in the video), and I'd love to see something similar to that in your mod/an addon, especially how the player would utilize two hands instead of one. Granted, this would probably more complex but I think it would definitely be cooler!
Hey, I really like the animation on that one! I'll see what i can come up with, that looks pretty awesome :) thanks dude!
Randomguy7 wrote:The only thing that ruins this mod for me is the fact that the chaingunners no longer drop their weapon. This ruins the intended progression in certain wads that only give you chainguns when an enemy drops them. I'd love to see an option to have them dropped, even if the weapon is seriously overpowered- maybe have it only drop on certain tics?
Uh, i'm not entirely sure what you mean by this as this mod doesn't touch enemies at all, so chaingunners have always dropped this mod's miniguns. I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour either, so that's a bit strange. Would you be able to reproduce it somehow? That would really help! Thanks :D
I got it to happen with the meat grinder enemies standalone by sergeant_mk_iv so I guess it doesn't really have anything to do with your mod

Return to “Gameplay Mods”