Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 2 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Okinell

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (HOTFIX Dec 20 2020)

Post by Okinell »

Hello.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. This mod is fantastic. it certainly was a little bit difficult to get the gasp of the reload mechanism but later it became second nature :D . It really forces you to think carefully and consider your options about weaponry and how to approach certain enemies.

2. I wanted to try this in the GZDoom 4.4.2 and it says :
"Script error, "led's generic weapons mod.pk3:menudef.txt" line 23: Too many parameters for OptionMenuItemSlider".
I'm only using that mod with a doom 2 vanilla wad.

Now, I know that it needs GZDoom 4.5 at minimum to work. Thing is that I tested it in LZDoom (3.8.7 x86 (32bits)) and it works flawlessly. I don't know if it is a bug related to the GZDOOM version or something else. Can you check it out?.

Other than that....AMAZING mod. It truly gives that vibe of modern FPS while maintains the vanilla doom flavor XD.
Armolitskiy
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Armolitskiy »

I love this mod.
Okinell

Post by Okinell »

Okinell wrote:Hello.

Just wanted to say a couple of things:

1. This mod is fantastic. it certainly was a little bit difficult to get the gasp of the reload mechanism but later it became second nature :D . It really forces you to think carefully and consider your options about weaponry and how to approach certain enemies.

2. I wanted to try this in the GZDoom 4.4.2 and it says :
"Script error, "led's generic weapons mod.pk3:menudef.txt" line 23: Too many parameters for OptionMenuItemSlider".
I'm only using that mod with a doom 2 vanilla wad.

Now, I know that it needs GZDoom 4.5 at minimum to work. Thing is that I tested it in LZDoom (3.8.7 x86 (32bits)) and it works flawlessly. I don't know if it is a bug related to the GZDOOM version or something else. Can you check it out?.

Other than that....AMAZING mod. It truly gives that vibe of modern FPS while maintains the vanilla doom flavor XD.
After doing some research, I've found the way to fix the problem. I just had to rewrite the faulty lines of code(23 and 25 from menudef.txt) so they fit accordingly to the GZDoom 4.4.2 standards.

Anyway here is the file. Hope you like it.

https://mega.nz/file/eEcTUAqY#l35rs-nVi ... Ksqadubx6Y
MJM247
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by MJM247 »

Would you be able to add a way to maybe customize how much ammo we get for the assault rifle? It's the reason I use the pack but the ammo is so scarce.
Endless

Post by Endless »

Anyone knows what happened to LedIris? Pity to see the mod abandoned. It's one of my favorites.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Endless wrote:Anyone knows what happened to LedIris? Pity to see the mod abandoned. It's one of my favorites.
Hi! don't worry, i'm still around! in the last year i've started a new job and moved to a new home so i've been super duper busy. but no worries, i have no plans on abandoning this mod at all. i love that so many enjoy it and i'm glad to hear it's a favourite for you! i've actually had an update in the works for some time now which i will hopefully get uploaded soon as i'm starting to get more free time and get back into modding :)
MJM247 wrote:Would you be able to add a way to maybe customize how much ammo we get for the assault rifle? It's the reason I use the pack but the ammo is so scarce.
Yeah, next update i'll try buffing the ammo a little bit more too. i've been going back and forth between trying to get the rifle pickups balanced so that will get some tuning :D
oscarincage wrote:Your weapon mod is the best so far, I love it! However there is still one little thing you should add to it. The possibility to disable weapon auto reloading. So when a weapon gets empty, only a clicking noise can be heard and the weapon must be reloaded by the reload button. Could you do that in the next update please? :lol:
Yes! i've actually been meaning to add this for a while now and it's a solid suggestion! I will hopefully be able to get this added next update.
Endless wrote:- Faster weapon switching.
- Can switch Shotgun and SSG between firing (Shotgun and SSG reload animation can now be cancelled by switching weapons.)
- Can toggle aiming/aim-down sights during mid-firing.
- Hold option for aiming/aim-down sight.
- Vanilla keys on/off option.
- Berserk and rad-suit screen/pallette dimed or more transparent.
- Plasma gun secondary fire deals more dmg or alternative, secondary shot now penetrates enemies.
These are all super solid suggestions! i'd love to get these all implemented so i will try my best for the next update.

As said above i am very appreciative of everyone that plays this mod, it's great to see that so many new ideas can still crop up to make it even better this many years later. Stay tuned for the next build! 8-)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Good to see the man Iris is back around. Can't wait for the next update. ;)
Endless

Post by Endless »

Absolutely excited to hear you're back at it mate! I'll be waiting for the next update. Wishing you the best :D
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Thanks a lot guys!!
Quick lil update: I caught a stream from Nash playing this mod in multiplayer and noticed the keys were only able to be picked up by one player, clearly a side effect of using the very old CustomInventory workaround to get pickup flashes on them. I’ll probably end up reworking this in the next update too. In future, I’d like to try and rewrite this whole thing in ZScript as that would obviously add a lot more flexibility for me and just make it much easier to work on. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated :)
Endless

Post by Endless »

Excited to see the mod updated once again. FYI I no longer play GZDoom without using this mod :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Glad to hear you're still updating! This is definitely one of my favorite mods, it just goes so well with pretty much anything.
Fireseth

Post by Fireseth »

Suggestion for next update:
• Toggle for whether or not SSG/chainsaw can gib an enemy, as seen in what's been implemented in the gameplay options of the newest version of Smoothdoom.
Last edited by Fireseth on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 »

Game crashes when loading a level. No errors or anything, GzDoom just crashes to desktop.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

What GZDoom version you're using? Are you loading any mods with it?
Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 »

Loving this mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”