Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 2 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 26th July)

Post by LedIris »

-Ghost- wrote:I think I have a more up to date version of WoS if you need it.
I have the latest. I think what pikio is requesting is to use the Shotgun sprites from that old version of WoS in this mod.
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

Yeah busy day, anyway I failed in swapping sprites. It has more to do with coding and less copy pasting :puke:. Anyway yeah my request is exacly what you said Led. Hopefully you can pull through, and I do appreciate any help being offered Ghost, whether it was aimed at me or Led doesn't matter. I've been on forums for a long time but just recently decided to join (though I think that's obvious since the forum tells everyone when someone joined) and I like the friendliness in the community.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

pikio96 wrote:Yeah busy day, anyway I failed in swapping sprites. It has more to do with coding and less copy pasting :puke:. Anyway yeah my request is exacly what you said Led. Hopefully you can pull through, and I do appreciate any help being offered Ghost, whether it was aimed at me or Led doesn't matter. I've been on forums for a long time but just recently decided to join (though I think that's obvious since the forum tells everyone when someone joined) and I like the friendliness in the community.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can implement the old Shotgun sprites in. :oops: :cry: They haven't got enough frames (24 for the old vs 39 for the current) and they wouldn't really work with the Shotgun's current reloading sequence (example: pumping after first shell insert would look choppy and unnatural compared to the current sprites, if that makes sense.) It's a shame because I do think they look quite nice, honestly. My apologies. :( I appreciate your idea, though! Feel free to suggest other things. :)

Edit: Minor update for Aug 1st:
-The altfire on the Rocket Launcher doesn't have a muzzleflash anymore.
-Smoke from the plasma rifle's projectile is affected by the smoke setting in the options
-And I fixed some minor DECORATE issues.

I'm moving house this week so I'll be a bit inactive and I won't have much time to work on this project. When I'm back, I'll release another update. :wink:
pikio96

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 1st August)

Post by pikio96 »

Yeah you're right, it wouldn't work as far as I know. Anyway thanks for looking into it. I do have a suggestion though, if possible I think that the rocket launcher projectile should be a little slower and it seems like the sprite for the rocket is smaller vs. the vanilla projectile. Good luck in your moving process!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Would you be able to go further with the shell ammo system, maybe something like having Smart Scavenger merged in so we can grab individual clips from ammo boxes, etc? It's nice being able to pick up only the shells you need, it'd be great to be able to do the same with other ammo or medical items.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I know I already said how much I absolutely LOVE this weapons mod on one of these pages.... But seriously, this mod is one of the most balanced weapons / feels good mods I have played on a while. Everything just feels right. I'm going to be making a video here soon using this mod on one of my Oblige maps I have made.

*edit*
Link to the video if anyone was interested.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=930108#p930108
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

-Ghost- wrote:Would you be able to go further with the shell ammo system, maybe something like having Smart Scavenger merged in so we can grab individual clips from ammo boxes, etc? It's nice being able to pick up only the shells you need, it'd be great to be able to do the same with other ammo or medical items.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing this a while ago with the ammo boxes but I didn't want to go too overboard with the Smart Scavenger style system. I can add them in as mod options (like the shell system + medikit system) soon. :wink:
JimpArgon wrote:I know I already said how much I absolutely LOVE this weapons mod on one of these pages.... But seriously, this mod is one of the most balanced weapons / feels good mods I have played on a while. Everything just feels right. I'm going to be making a video here soon using this mod on one of my Oblige maps I have made.

*edit*
Link to the video if anyone was interested.
viewtopic.php?p=930108#p930108
I'm really glad you like this mod! Balance and satisfaction when firing weapons was one of my goals with this mod. :D Nice video, too! I'll add it to the first post, if that's okay with you. :wink:
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Ya, no problem dude. :thumb:
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 10th August)

Post by LedIris »

I'm back and with that comes another update! (It's not very major)

-Fixed shell casings sometimes not appearing when using the Classic Shotgun Pump option (this also applies to aiming)
-Redid Rocket Launcher altfire (Player only swings cylinder once after pressing your altfire button - holding altfire after that will refire grenades without swinging cylinder)
-Tweaked a few settings in the secret difficulty ;)
-Minigun's ammo belt is no longer shown when out of ammo
-And I also slowed down the Rocket Launcher's projectile slightly.

I also added JimpArgon's video to the main post. Have fun! 8-)
sweety80

Post by sweety80 »

Great Mod!
But Little bugs. Sometimes it can not have the armor .
And Double-Barrel Shotgun is does not automatically reload.
Last edited by sweety80 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

sweety80 wrote:Great Mod!
But Little bugs. Sometimes it can not have the armor .
Are you talking about not being able to pick up green armor when you have megaarmor? If so, that's intentional:
Original Post wrote:Instead of picking up green armor instantly when on less than 100 megaarmor, it is not picked up until you are on < 50 megaarmor.
I've always hated picking up green armor when I still have almost 100% megaarmor. Below 50% the megaarmor is nearly done (since megaarmor takes more damage while giving more protection) so I thought this threshold was a bit more practical. :wink:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Secret difficulty? What secret difficulty?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I think sweety meant the normal green armor. It doesn't spawn at all.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Secret difficulty? What secret difficulty?
Below Nightmare, there is a blank difficulty option. :wink: It's been in for a while, and I thought somebody would've found it by now. :lol:
CaptainJ wrote:I think sweety meant the normal green armor. It doesn't spawn at all.
Odd. I've tested this several times with zdoom-2.9pre-1201-gb4e712a and it works fine. Could you tell me how to reproduce this exactly, so I can investigate it? :? I haven't changed the green armor since I implemented the no-pickup-until-below-50%-megaarmor change. Did a ZDoom update break this? :?:
sweety80 wrote:And Double-Barrel Shotgun is does not automatically reload.
This was intentional. I'd rather leave it up to the user for whenever he/she wants to reload. That's why there's no auto-reloading. (If you hold down fire/altfire keys during the fire sequence, it will auto reload.)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

What are the differences in that difficulty setting?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”