Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Silentdarkness12

Re: Samsara - 0.34 - Lit Up Like A Christmas Tree

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

By the by

*picks up soulsphere item as Duke*

"Picked up 100 health!"

<Duke

<100 health

lel, no

But yeah....the message regarding picking up a soulsphere is obviously less than accurate for Duke.
Wolfytits

Post by Wolfytits »

You should add the Strife guy to the characters, that'd be awesome!
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Wolfytits wrote:You should add the Strife guy to the characters, that'd be awesome!
The mod author has been over this, Strife Guy is far too powerful.
Silentdarkness12

Wolfytits wrote:You should add the Strife guy to the characters, that'd be awesome!
Yeah, no. The only proper purpose that Strife Guy would be able to fill anyways is Utility. And we already have Corvus for that.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's already been discussed why he won't be in the roster. the short version is that he'd be too powerful as he'd inherit the traits of all the current heroes, and would be a pain to rebalance, IIRC.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

If you really want to play as him, there's the addons' implementation of Strifeguy, but that's...heh.
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

I'm gonna kick your butt Term. When it comes to Extra Heroes' Strife Guy, I made him and later guys that were working on Extra Heroes added buncha things for him. IMO he isn't all that powerful at all as I tried to balance all of his weaps by comparing him to the original characters, although I was thinking about rebalancing his stuff again and changing his ammo system to perhaps resemble the one Ranger uses for his quad missiles/alt. nades, but eh, I don't think that would make anyone change their mind anyway, so I probably won't do that anytime soon.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:By the by

*picks up soulsphere item as Duke*

"Picked up 100 health!"

<Duke

<100 health

lel, no

But yeah....the message regarding picking up a soulsphere is obviously less than accurate for Duke.
That message is handled as a generic pickup message for a custominventory item that does different things depending on what class you're playing. I don't think you can have a different per-class pickup message without doing whatever horrendous nightmare the weapon pickups perform, so I'm not sure how exactly to handle this. Just change the item pickup message to a generic "Health Supercharge!" message?
Gardevoir wrote:I'm gonna kick your butt Term.
Probably not the first time someone's threatened to do something to Termus's butt over a Samsara character, to be honest.
Silentdarkness12

Yeah, a generic "Supercharge!" message would work best.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Kinsie wrote:That message is handled as a generic pickup message for a custominventory item that does different things depending on what class you're playing. I don't think you can have a different per-class pickup message without doing whatever horrendous nightmare the weapon pickups perform, so I'm not sure how exactly to handle this.
You can with a little ACS magic, and it's relatively simple to as well.
Yell at me later on, I'll send you another chunk of DS code.
Silentdarkness12

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Kinsie wrote:That message is handled as a generic pickup message for a custominventory item that does different things depending on what class you're playing. I don't think you can have a different per-class pickup message without doing whatever horrendous nightmare the weapon pickups perform, so I'm not sure how exactly to handle this.
You can with a little ACS magic, and it's relatively simple to as well.
Yell at me later on, I'll send you another chunk of DS code.
Term, you wizard.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

I'm not a fan of the new player sprites but however all is forgiven for this awesome update. :D
unRyker

Post by unRyker »

I remember fooling around with this some time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm glad this has been revived- my only concern however, (trying to remember off the top of my head) I don't remember Corvus or the mage having any ammo requirements and actually capable of two-shotting an imp with the starting wand. That damage capability for so little ammo seems slightly overkill in my opinion. But I may be biased because I actually can't remember how Heretic played.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I will download the latest build and play it all tomorrow night (along with Heretic) and edit this post to give my first newer impressions.

Again, I'm really glad to see this being updated once more!
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

Mage? I think you're thinking of something else, so no need for concern. Corvus's non-starter weapons all need ammo, and the elven wand can't two-shot an imp.

Also, I just remembered something. The Marathon 1 alien weapon didn't fire two bullets at once, it fired one at a time twice as fast. It was basically like Skulltag's old minigun with higher damage and wider spread. It was just something Aleph One's version of Marathon got wrong a long time ago, when it didn't natively support M1 data files.
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

I think he is talking about the Sapphire Wand. Which does not have an ammo requirement.
I do not think it can two shot a DOOM imp, but I do think it can two shot a HERETIC imp. As can a lot of things.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”