Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ijon

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

Post by ijon »

... that's in eduke32's polymer renderer. it not even being in duke's palette is kind of a dead giveaway. not even the polymost renderer does dynamic lights, to say nothing of the classic renderer.

I opened up the shareware in dosbox (because getting the full exe would require booting back into windows because steam), and, well

yeah.

edit: replaced the shot with one that wasn't mid-pain flash
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I actually prefer Eduke32's polymer over software rendering.

*fiteme*
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think most people with a good video card would. :p
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

ijon wrote:... that's in eduke32's polymer renderer.
No, it's not.
Spoiler:
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

That explains the color oddities in the sky, the view height and other oddities.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FILg3u ... e=youtu.be

Replicated Ranger's recoil issue. It's still there.
ijon

Post by ijon »

Clownman wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FILg3u ... e=youtu.be

Replicated Ranger's recoil issue. It's still there.
I already said it's fixed in the zandronum 3.0 bitbucket repo

there's no zandronum build with the fix yet, but I know it works because I built the source myself and tested it two months ago with dakka, when the negative argument issue first came up and the fix got pushed

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 ACS_ExecuteAlways(312, 0, -50, 1, 2)
see that -50? it's being sent as 256-50 = 216, which means 216 degrees, which is why you're seeing what you're seeing

the ACS is fine. it's the netcode that fucked up. the fact that it only happens in a netgame, and it worked fine before the ACS call size reduction changes were made, confirms it.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

There will probably be a new version later today. TZK was doing some chattering while he was finishing up ACS-X, resulting in some awesome fixes.

First, in a move that's sure to please Ijon in his pants, the Zandro check has been changed from "SpawnForced-ing a Doomsphere" to "GetPlayerAccountName". This should be more solid.

Secondly, all the clientside stuff that was broken in Zandro should be fixed now. Yay!

Finally, I hacked together a new Megasphere health pickup:
ijon

Post by ijon »

what are pants
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

God I'm so excited about that pickup. The old always seemed so out of place.

EDIT: More minor things: in Strife, most infantry enemies have a fire death sequence. BJ's Flamethrower doesn't trigger this. I only know it doesn't work for acolytes, may not for others.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

How many of you guys would like a Samsara-side pistol start option? Been pondering the worth of one, since DUMP 2's script to reset inventory doesn't work on Samsara's weapons. Since there's a mod specifically to give you a pistol start on every level, there ought to be some market for it, right?
President People

Post by President People »

Medicris wrote:How many of you guys would like a Samsara-side pistol start option? Been pondering the worth of one, since DUMP 2's script to reset inventory doesn't work on Samsara's weapons. Since there's a mod specifically to give you a pistol start on every level, there ought to be some market for it, right?
I'd say go for it, if only as a DUMP patch of sorts.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Samsara v0.34 is live.
  • Fixed Bloodyhell/Bloodypersistent/Pickupmode not working properly on Zandro! Thanks, Zombie Killer!
  • Implemented a cleaner, less potentially break-y way of detecting Zandronum. Thanks, Zombie Killer!
  • Added 6 more Duke Talk lines, this time from Land of the Babes.
  • Fix Afrits in Hexen balling up again when Mighty Booted.
  • Fixed a bug where health pickups and pipebombs would supposedly mute Duke forever.
  • Hexen multi-ammo pickups now also give Ranger some of his alt-ammo.
  • Slight accuracy fix to Duke's Night Vision sound effect.
  • Filtered and OGGified a bunch of Duke sounds that hadn't been filtered and/or OGGified.
  • Nerfed BJ's Extra Life in Deathmatch. It now steals away your inventory, effectively resetting you to your pistol (or instagib rifle) and un-upgraded knife.
  • Made Duke's pants green instead of his shirt. Easier to see in the thick of things, and more accurate to the original game.
  • Added a MENUDEF toggle for Ranger's weapon recoil.
  • Updated the GL lighting definitions:
    - Tweaked the Doom ammo definitions to not be so enormous
    - Added definitions for Heretic and Hexen ammo
    - Added definitions for Duke, based (very, very) loosely on the Samsara Extra Heroes mod's definitions
    - Added defintions for health and armor pickups
  • Uncommented out some missing item tags, so things like the Jetpack won't show fucked up internal names when selecting them.
  • Set the Wraithverge ghost's FastSpeed to be the same as its normal speed, hopefully fixing the Wraithverge being OP in Nightmare mode.
  • Redrew the Megapack sprite to not be horrible.
twinkieman93

Re: Samsara - 0.34 - Lit Up Like A Christmas Tree

Post by twinkieman93 »

Cool beans. Now that it matters, my vote's for the blue flamethrower. It fits better with all the other pick-up sprites, IMO.

I wonder, are you just going to be polishing/fixing/rebalancing things or are there any plans to finish Prisoner 849?
Kinsie

Re: Samsara - 0.34 - Lit Up Like A Christmas Tree

Post by Kinsie »

twinkieman93 wrote:I wonder, are you just going to be polishing/fixing/rebalancing things or are there any plans to finish Prisoner 849?
I don't have any of the Prisoner 849 work, and if Termus does, it's on a backup from like three hard drives back.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”