DooD

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beed28

Re: DooD

Post by Beed28 »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:
Beed28 wrote:Just started on some HerereH maps. Wish me luck!
Think you'll do HexeH, afterwards?
Not likely. HexeH would be far more complicated due to its usage of hubs and advanced map scripting/puzzles. It wouldn't be as easy as mirroring half of the map and then just dropping a few appropriate keys/exit there.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Noob question but how did you mirror the maps? Do you have to manually edit the IWAD maps and manually hand-mirror the geometry and such?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

demo_the_man wrote:
Cire wrote:Pretty cool and fun Project! I'll keep hoping for HerereH and HexeH though. :)
what about strrts?
Don't forget ChehC QueuQ!
Big C

Post by Big C »

Eagerly awaiting Hacxcah! :P
DeXiaZ

Post by DeXiaZ »

Nevander wrote:Noob question but how did you mirror the maps? Do you have to manually edit the IWAD maps and manually hand-mirror the geometry and such?
I've used "mood.exe" programm. It fully mirrors all maps. I've cut away a half part of map, reversed it via mood.exe and joined both parts together. And next I fixed all sector tag actions, HoM errors (most of them as I can see; somebody said that few HoM errors are still here) and other things. Yeah, "dooding" maps was really boring, but I believed that I'm making an epic thing
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

DeXiaZ wrote:
Nevander wrote:Noob question but how did you mirror the maps? Do you have to manually edit the IWAD maps and manually hand-mirror the geometry and such?
I've used "mood.exe" programm. It fully mirrors all maps. I've cut away a half part of map, reversed it via mood.exe and joined both parts together. And next I fixed all sector tag actions, HoM errors (most of them as I can see; somebody said that few HoM errors are still here) and other things. Yeah, "dooding" maps was really boring, but I believed that I'm making an epic thing
Huh. I'm just using GZDoom Builder. I cut away half of the map, copy and paste it, flip it and just join it on like that. One of GZDoom Builder's features allows you to flip or mirror selections. No external programs necessary.
DeXiaZ

Post by DeXiaZ »

Beed28 wrote:
DeXiaZ wrote:
Huh. I'm just using GZDoom Builder. I cut away half of the map, copy and paste it, flip it and just join it on like that. One of GZDoom Builder's features allows you to flip or mirror selections. No external programs necessary.
GZDoom Builder can bug copy-paste elements. I prefer to get "clear results" without fears that something in preliminary preparation goes wrong. But you're right, most things I did in GZDoom Builder and it's the best solution
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Finished work on HerereH's first episode, "City of t fo ytiC". Made a start on the second episode, "Hell''lleH". I'll do some more tomorrow.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Was the inter-episode/end episode text changed too?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

When you're done with doom engine games, you should move to build games, i want to see DukeekuD, ShadowwodahS and BloolB :)
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Strrts, Heteteh, Hexeh or Freeeerf. Keep it up, love it.
DeXiaZ

Post by DeXiaZ »

Beed28, it would be interesting to see :D
Glaice, you mean original DooD mod? Yes, we're changed text too.
Batandy, you're right, I wanted to do this with Build-engine games, but I never did any map for them, and I'm afraid i suck at build-map making xd
QuakedoomNukem Cz, thank you very much! :D
Soilder

Post by Soilder »

What a world have a werid monster all items and some face doom guy is funny :D even i look sign i dont understand 0_o woah
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

All that would be needed then is a reversed version of this mod, MooM
DeXiaZ

Post by DeXiaZ »

Doods, todadot isi unusunu dayad! UPDATE:

I've saw few comments about Prinnies from the Disgaea so I've decided to do it. But now I want to present guy #4 from our team - SolidJenner. By some life reasons he didn't even participated in "DooD" development but now it's a time to fix this. He did a 99% work for this addon, I've just edited some elements. We hope that you will like it! P.S.: You can use those files as stand-alone mods, but I've included bat files to run it with "DooD" mod

DOWNLOLNWOD: hereh

Return to “Gameplay Mods”