Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby vekokiril123 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 am

Mere_Duke wrote:Just a few words about Hexen RPG mod, if someone is interested.
The current version is v4. (There is no link on the 1st page, Seidolon posted a link in a message a few pages back.)
And there is a bug in this version with underwater Stalkers: they just swim and never pop up from underwater to attack.
I have fixed this, and post a link to fixed v4 here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/csplvgk8g ... RPG_V4.pk3
And a showcase video of this cool mod:

The game hangs at the Darkmere level, with the activation of the lever, which lowers the castle bridge, because of this it is impossible to continue the passage, also noticed a hovering at the beginning of this level, if some time to stand in the water. I downloaded the 4 version. Version of the GZDOOM 3.3.2. How to go further?
vekokiril123
 
Joined: 21 May 2018
Twitch ID: https://www.twitch.tv/vekokiri

Re: Enemy healthbars

Postby irontusk341 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Kzer-Za wrote:I apologize for possibly a stupid question, but how do I turn on enemy healthbars? In every video of Brutal Heretic RPG that I've seen a healthbar of the enemy that you currently have in your weapon sight (including the authors video in the announcement) is displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen. I can't seem to find the option to turn it on. At first I thought that it was "crosshair shows health" in HUD options, but turns out it just makes your crosshair change color depending on your health. So, can anyone please tell?

I use wad from Shadow of the Serpent Rider, gzdoom 3.1.0-1, and current Brtutal Heretic RPG (just downloaded it today).

im trying to figure that out myself as well... i normally focus on other things, but ill look into Seidolons brutal heretic's pk3 file and doing some trial and error work ill let you know if i find a solution to your issue. FYI, im using Gzdoom 3.4

for me there were 2 solutions

1. either replace the normal command of status bar to fullscreen in the sbarinfo.txt of the Brtutal Heretic RPG.pk3 file
2. or delete the sbarinfo.txt, rename the old_ sbarinfo.txt to sbarinfo.txt in slade
User avatar
irontusk341
I sense a Soul in Search of Answers
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby RyuAzuku » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:44 am

Update: Idk what happened but It's working now, all I did was changed the sensitivity.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm stuck on the "choose your weapon" screen and I can't select anything. I already changed the mouse settings from 'touch screen-like' to 'yes' and I am running gzdoom 3.2.1
RyuAzuku
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2018

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby JasmairoQY » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 pm

argv wrote:I've fixed some bugs in Brutal Heretic RPG, and tweaked the gameplay to make it (in my opinion) a bit more fun. If anyone's interested, you can find this in my Bitbucket repository.


How do i use those? I dont see any changes so far unless i installed them wrong.
JasmairoQY
 
Joined: 07 May 2017

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby Ryuhi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:49 pm

JasmairoQY wrote:
argv wrote:I've fixed some bugs in Brutal Heretic RPG, and tweaked the gameplay to make it (in my opinion) a bit more fun. If anyone's interested, you can find this in my Bitbucket repository.


How do i use those? I dont see any changes so far unless i installed them wrong.


according to that repository page, you have to do a bit of work to get it to read innately in programs like ZDL. it may be worth seeing if it can be repacked into a pk3 file for ease of use.

just tested with the current gameplay file, worked just fine. All I did was open the archive in SLADE, cut and pasted all the files in the root archive (instead of a subfolder), and deleted that now-empty subfolder. then save as pk3 and you're ret-2-go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrjiu3ku6 ... d.pk3/file if you want to check it out.

Also i almost forgot what brutal heretic even looked like anymore at this point :D
User avatar
Ryuhi
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2017

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby irontusk341 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Ryuhi wrote:
JasmairoQY wrote:
argv wrote:I've fixed some bugs in Brutal Heretic RPG, and tweaked the gameplay to make it (in my opinion) a bit more fun. If anyone's interested, you can find this in my Bitbucket repository.


How do i use those? I dont see any changes so far unless i installed them wrong.


according to that repository page, you have to do a bit of work to get it to read innately in programs like ZDL. it may be worth seeing if it can be repacked into a pk3 file for ease of use.

just tested with the current gameplay file, worked just fine. All I did was open the archive in SLADE, cut and pasted all the files in the root archive (instead of a subfolder), and deleted that now-empty subfolder. then save as pk3 and you're ret-2-go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrjiu3ku6 ... d.pk3/file if you want to check it out.

Also i almost forgot what brutal heretic even looked like anymore at this point :D

i did test Brutal Heretic's latest version on Gzdoom 3.5, it did work for me.
User avatar
irontusk341
I sense a Soul in Search of Answers
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby MisterPhantom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:25 pm

where do you get Hexen/Heretic, I see mods for it but I never got it
MisterPhantom
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2018

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby worldendDominator » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 pm

You buy them. Also there are rumors then you can just find and download them, but it's a secret to everybody.
User avatar
worldendDominator
 
Joined: 17 May 2015

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby IronVengeance » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:14 pm

I have a user issue with Brutal HeXen, I use Inverted Y axis, that works everywhere in the game but the RPG menu. Is there a solution to that, how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.
IronVengeance
 
Joined: 28 Oct 2018

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Postby Mere_Duke » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:07 pm

IronVengeance wrote:I have a user issue with Brutal HeXen, I use Inverted Y axis, that works everywhere in the game but the RPG menu. Is there a solution to that, how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the version with inverted mouse behaving in user menus exactly like in default menu. You can re-invert mouse back and it will work the same.
Based on the latest version of this mod (mine with "underwater" fixes, IIRC).
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ep8j7ycsa ... G_V4.1.pk3
User avatar
Mere_Duke
Code Inspector
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests