ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide [Update 30/08] - Weapon/Enemies Mod

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
GAA1992 wrote: There's that monster that looks like a giant DJ with a UFO with spider legs as well.
actually, that giant DJ with a UFO is named, The Programmer.
also, it's about time that i released this.
Time to squash some!
Credits inside the pk3.

HOT DAAAAAAMN

Do you accept if i Incorporate these settings into the game? (And modify some)

Only one important think to notice: I can't use the quick kick key while using your mod.

Everything else is absolutely damn good!

Oh yeah, and about your comment on the Dual Colt coding leftover... (hahahahahaha, i swear i laughed a lot)

I have them ready, as well as an uzi akimbo, but i wasn't feeling so good. The colt sprite is the following below, while the uzi is exactly the Shadow Warrior one, only with a small detail on the grip.

One of the reasons i discarded this, is because it feels like extracted from that PlayStation 2 Game, XIII, too cartoonish. (Actually it comes from that WWII G.I game from 3d realms).

Thanks for doing it man. I'll sure be using this now!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:
GAA1992 wrote: There's that monster that looks like a giant DJ with a UFO with spider legs as well.
actually, that giant DJ with a UFO is named, The Programmer.
also, it's about time that i released this.
Time to squash some!
Credits inside the pk3.

HOT DAAAAAAMN

Do you accept if i Incorporate these settings into the game? (And modify some)

Only one important think to notice: I can't use the quick kick key while using your mod.

Everything else is absolutely damn good!

Oh yeah, and about your comment on the Dual Colt coding leftover... (hahahahahaha, i swear i laughed a lot)

I have them ready, as well as an uzi akimbo, but i wasn't feeling so good. The colt sprite is the following below, while the uzi is exactly the Shadow Warrior one, only with a small detail on the grip.

One of the reasons i discarded this, is because it feels like extracted from that PlayStation 2 Game, XIII, too cartoonish. (Actually it comes from that WWII G.I game from 3d realms).

Thanks for doing it man. I'll sure be using this now!
Of course, you can! besides, i'm in the credits, right?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes you are man!!! :D

Now i've got stuff to work on :D I really enjoyed giving your tweaks a go (you even made some effects i forgot to add, like a little delay on the BFG9000 to play the closing sound). If anything passes through your mind, tell me. I am trying new ideas every day (that's why i'm going late to bed), and that's why i brought up these two that are taking my mind. Feedback doesn't bring me down. ;)

See ya!
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

The latest version has a modification of PowerSlave scorpion? I see there is a part of the monsters from the PC version. A good mod, colorful effects on need only. By the way Shadow Warrior have a little bee, you can take the code and sprites from my modification, if needed.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I don't really like the way this mod handles ammo. Vanilla maps are made with the balance of vanilla Doom in mind so mods that take that into account more tend to be more playable on any map in terms of ammo. Playing this can really suck on maps that almost entirely rely on enemy drops while maps that have lots of shell boxes will have you too full on ammo all the time. If you really wanted to, maybe you can add options to switch ammo drops and ammo pickup buffs on and off?
Also. the way the pump shotgun's pumping logic is handled really irks me (probably because there is none :P). It pumps after the reload of the first shell regardless of the fact that you pumped your shotgun while there was still ammo in it after the last shot you took and shooting the last shot in a shotgun still causes you to pump it despite being unnecessary. In terms of balance this encourages you to fire the shotgun until your magazine runs dry to maximize your efficiency while realistic pump behavior encourages you to reload before running dry to get faster reload time (because a lot of mods seem to have slower pump time on reloads overall than when you rely on the pump after a shot.

I also think in general even with proper ammo drops there should be more ammo for weapons that require more precision due to the fact that small spiders are a lot harder to hit and would cause you to waste a lot more ammo in general than you normally would shooting at normal enemies with them.
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Wow nice.... But this work with ZDoom? v:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Lex Safonov wrote:The latest version has a modification of PowerSlave scorpion? I see there is a part of the monsters from the PC version. A good mod, colorful effects on need only. By the way Shadow Warrior have a little bee, you can take the code and sprites from my modification, if needed.
I do believe this current version hasn't your scorpion yet, but the version i got here with me already has it, as well as the Shadow Warrior Wasp implemented :D

I thank you again for allowing me to use your stuff. ;)
Someone64 wrote:I don't really like the way this mod handles ammo. Vanilla maps are made with the balance of vanilla Doom in mind so mods that take that into account more tend to be more playable on any map in terms of ammo. Playing this can really suck on maps that almost entirely rely on enemy drops while maps that have lots of shell boxes will have you too full on ammo all the time. If you really wanted to, maybe you can add options to switch ammo drops and ammo pickup buffs on and off?
I don't know how to handle ACS (the one with punching stuff was borrowed with the permission of LedIris), but the ammo stuff is my everyday struggle.

So, after playing Shut up and bleed once again i had the idea of placing random spawners for medikits and health/armor bonuses to drop some ammo as well. Barrels would then drop different stuff, such as a tertiary ammo box, let's say. :)
Someone64 wrote:Also. the way the pump shotgun's pumping logic is handled really irks me (probably because there is none :P). It pumps after the reload of the first shell regardless of the fact that you pumped your shotgun while there was still ammo in it after the last shot you took and shooting the last shot in a shotgun still causes you to pump it despite being unnecessary. In terms of balance this encourages you to fire the shotgun until your magazine runs dry to maximize your efficiency while realistic pump behavior encourages you to reload before running dry to get faster reload time (because a lot of mods seem to have slower pump time on reloads overall than when you rely on the pump after a shot.
I must confess i haven't fixed that for pure laziness. LedIris also taught me how to handle that. Don't worry aout this for now. ;)
Someone64 wrote:I also think in general even with proper ammo drops there should be more ammo for weapons that require more precision due to the fact that small spiders are a lot harder to hit and would cause you to waste a lot more ammo in general than you normally would shooting at normal enemies with them.
Same as first topic, so resuming, the solution to us, would to take the high chances of so many shell boxes and increasing 9mm, 762 and 44 drops.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! :D
Miguel371xd wrote:Wow nice.... But this work with ZDoom? v:
Hmmm, the status bar don't work with Zdoom 2.7.1, but i do believe this is an old build. Zandronum might not be supported as well (tested with 2.1.2).
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

I updated the tweakfixes.
Feedback for this one is appreciated.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the late response, i'm at work ATM.

Well, good news first: I've incorporated everything you made into the mod! Hooray!

I think that everything that bothered me can be classified as personal nitpicks, so:

- i thought the dual beretta replacement is SO FUCKING SEXY. Seriously. But my cons are that the hand coming back was way too fast. The shot recoil is great, i even fastened a bit, but the hand coming back was way too fast, so it didn't appeared to have recoil at all. I changed that.

- I've kept many of your names, but modified some. IMO there were too many "X" on the weapons names. Sounded cliché to me, but i've kept it into some. Hope that doesn't offend you.

- I've included on my file i've got over here and i'm going to upload it tonight. The akimbo uzis, as i told before on the Dual Colts topic. Hope it gets on people's tastes well.

- I added some frames to the crowbar and the baseball bat, for some (not widescreen friendly) frames with actual arms appearing to hit the enemy. Berserk goes to the old animation, faster and stronger. I needed something to justify berserk using.

- I've changed the BFG9K A_WeaponOffset due to many builds i've got over here not compatible. Changed for Offset instead, same effects, i think...

- The helper dog is ready on code. I just need authorization from Ceejay to actually use some sprites.

Everything you've made so far is really impressive! Thanks a lot, i hope you enjoy the next updates. ;)
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

i played the mod and everything is fine only the Giant wasp is a bit difficult to attack him :L
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Aim, shoot, and watch him shatters. Also works well with automatic weapons.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i played the mod and everything is fine only the Giant wasp is a bit difficult to attack him :L
It's height doesn't help. Just noticed that. But don't worry you guys, i''m uploading a version with some changes. ;)
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

one thing you really should add is the trite from doom 3 to this.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Huh. Excellent idea. And yet, the doom version sprite already exists!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Some feedback using the latest version with tweakfixes:
Spitting spiders spit at you non stop even from behind walls as long as they get their initial line of sight of you.
The reload key for the crossbow doesn't work when it's not loaded and you pick up ammo. Only pressing fire does it.
You can use the small jumping spiders to get to higher places without jumping by standing on them while the jump (weeee fun).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”