ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Death_Ripper666
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.4 (Updated 27/Mar/23)

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:32 pm Hey everyone,

I'm moving my things to Google Drive and i would like to test things with you.

Could anybody click on this link and tell me if the download is working fine?

If everything goes nicely, i'll start replacing the links to my mods. Mods that might have had changes on my personal files since their latest relase might get their threads bumped, so don't take it as voluntary necromancy, rather, please warn me if the newly uploaded versions are presenting any problem that might impact on gameplay.

Peace.
Just checked the link and making sure its DLing fine and I don't have any problem with it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sweet!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be replacing the links as soon as i get home.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

The google drive link works for me
Minidoomer21
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Minidoomer21 »

Hopefully, the "Weapons only" version can get a working link.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.4b (Updated 07/May/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Apologies for the unecessary bump, but i thought i had updated the links and clearly forgot about it.

There are a few changes regarding Simon's revolver pickups, the dog now spawns in Heretic and maybe a few minor details.

Enjoy!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Dev diary for 2.5:

Now when all enemies are eliminated, a subtle message is displayed in the HUD above the weapons, along with a sound cue:

Also, the dog behaviour was changed a bit: after you send them to fight enemies, they'll come back after a while, so you don't need to chase them around anymore.

Aside from that, some new changes regarding item behaviours and a few pickup resizes, sound changes... small stuff.

Expect more than that for 2.5.
Murzique_Nekowsky

Post by Murzique_Nekowsky »

Dunno if it would actually help anybody but if the dual wield upgrade makes a weapon unusable (no sprite, can't fire it) with combination of Immerse + Gearbox + Gun Bonsai mods then upgrading Gearbox to the dev version does the trick. The upgrade worked fine outside of the aforementioned combination though so it's more likely old Gearbox (release instead of dev) mod thing.
Last edited by Murzique_Nekowsky on Tue May 16, 2023 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh hey, that's some useful advice. Thanks a lot homie!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Dev diary of today:

I finally added new casings for weapons in the next update. Some ammo pickups changed as well, hope i can think of more along the way.
Also, I've started the ZScripting conversion. Most things will be the same for now, but some scripts will change (for the better, i promise).

Keep tuned!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Showcasing the new portraits and menu changes. Nothing fancy, but i thought the stats needed some tweaking.

Each day closer to progress =)
Murzique_Nekowsky

Post by Murzique_Nekowsky »

Yep, stat readability feels more streamlined, good job.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Murzique_Nekowsky wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:46 pm Yep, stat readability feels more streamlined, good job.
Hey, haven't seen your reply before, thanks a lot!

Thought i was about to make a quadruple post.

Anyways, on for some progress report:

I've converted all documents regarding special effects, spawners, items, powerups and the like to ZScript. Only the weapon documents are the same for now. Does this change anything regarding gameplay? Not really, but it can be way easier to adapt it to, say, if i find new cool functions to add.

After that, my next step was to try and adapt the PDA system created by Nash, so i could get the weapon pickups of the HUD, get the inner lore inside the pk3, get the lore menus and clean it out. Everything would go to the PDA, and i would have even more things to add from the top of my head.
With that out of the way, i would rehaul the HUD for good.

But then i just realized the PDA system won't work with LZDoom, which was my only requirement, really. I can't run GZDoom.

So it's back a few steps. If you know of any cool and easy code (LZDoom compatible) that could help me (ACS/ZScript), i'm ears. I'll keep on playtesting the game, and if i don't find anything relevant to change, i'll probably upload 2.5 by the first or second week of the next month.

Peace!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.5 (Updated 08/Jun/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

It's been a month!!! A hell of a month!

Now that i released a new mod, and you should TOTALLY check it out, i'll take a step forward and push this build off the door, because i can't wait to see you all playing it!!!

In this new version, not only TONS of things were fixed, but many details were worked on, and some of them i can highlight are:

- Chex Quest compatibility;
- Reworked explosive weapon damage values to balance the game;
- Added a "all monsters killed" jingle;
- Revisions on the health values for Dutch and Blake;
- Fixed many pickup sizes;
- Changes in the dog's behaviour (for the better);
- most documents converted to ZScript;
- New sounds, new casings, new animations, better smoothness;
- And much more! Check the changelog!
Spoiler: Changelog
Have fun!!!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.5b (Updated 08/Jun/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Had to quickly re-upload the file. LaputanMachine, a friend on Discord has reported me a bug that went past me for years!

If you upgraded a weapon before getting another one from the same spot (such as upgrading your SMG before getting an revolver), the game would not spawn revolvers for you for the rest of the playthrough, as well as the randomization of these drops when you have both.

Many, MANY thanks to him!
Spoiler: Changelog
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.5b (Updated 08/Jun/23)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

DEV DIARY:

Aracnocide's next update will be mostly graphical, until now. Here's some things you can expect:

Everybody and their mother wanted me to do this- use the F1 help screen as a way to put essential information to the game. No more "how to drop upgrade kits" questions will be needed.

Not only that, obviously. But this is the most notable thing i can say right now.

Stay around, peace!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”