ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
KTwo

Re: ARACNOCIDE 2.1 (Updated 21/jan/23)

Post by KTwo »

Just a small detail I've noticed until now, the LT-23 / KS-23 ejected shells are red (Commonly for a 12ga shotgun)
Is there a chance the LT shells color could be changed to yellow?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

KTwo wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:38 pm Just a small detail I've noticed until now, the LT-23 / KS-23 ejected shells are red (Commonly for a 12ga shotgun)
Is there a chance the LT shells color could be changed to yellow?
Good idea!

I might add those when 2.2 comes out!

In the meantime, i'd like to announce that a good friend of mine, Goaldude-00 is making a mapset for Aracnocide, and i'd like to upload a demo of it for you all.
I'll post here, and in the front page, HAVE FUN!

Click Here to download Infestation!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the double posting, but yesterday i watched a video of some dudes reacting to a Dolph Lundgren movie called "Red Scorpion", which i never saw before.

The movie had my attention to one thing, and i think it fits Aracnocide's wackiness perfectly as a Mikhail substitute for the DP27.
Spoiler:
What are your thoughts?
AmissaAnima
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

Excuse me but i watched your trailer but i didn't find any Spiders in it, Can you give me the exact timestamp where they show up?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

AmissaAnima wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:09 am Excuse me but i watched your trailer but i didn't find any Spiders in it, Can you give me the exact timestamp where they show up?
They're not in the trailer, because I haven't updated the enemy pack yet. I still have some adjustments to do here and there before i can get to it. If anything, the trailer reinforces the fact that Aracnocide doesn't need to be a singular experience, you can combine it with multiple monster mods.
KTwo

Post by KTwo »

Leave it as an upgrade ngl
Last edited by KTwo on Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmissaAnima
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by AmissaAnima »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:43 am
AmissaAnima wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:09 am Excuse me but i watched your trailer but i didn't find any Spiders in it, Can you give me the exact timestamp where they show up?
They're not in the trailer, because I haven't updated the enemy pack yet. I still have some adjustments to do here and there before i can get to it. If anything, the trailer reinforces the fact that Aracnocide doesn't need to be a singular experience, you can combine it with multiple monster mods.
Ah understood, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for the response.
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

I would likento point out that I get tons of force close issues without logs when I run Aracnicide with other companion mods like zombie bros, Rex Rambo, smart marine, xims companion, etc. I have tried the same set up with other mods and no crashing, the only common factor is that Aracnicide for some reason does not like companion 😔
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That's really weird... and you don't get any kind of crashes with Aracnocide alone?

Can you try playing in other sourceport versions?
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:08 pm That's really weird... and you don't get any kind of crashes with Aracnocide alone?

Can you try playing in other sourceport versions?
Yes it crashes on delta touch using gzdoom or lzdoom. Only three mods loaded

Aracnicide
Vdp enemy randomizer ( I even removed this and only had two mods)
Zombiebros

I can run aracnicide with 50 mods and it's fine. But I think as soon as enemies starts to Spawn with the companions running that's when it just crashes
Death_Ripper666
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Death_Ripper666 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:38 am Sorry for the double posting, but yesterday i watched a video of some dudes reacting to a Dolph Lundgren movie called "Red Scorpion", which i never saw before.

The movie had my attention to one thing, and i think it fits Aracnocide's wackiness perfectly as a Mikhail substitute for the DP27.

What are your thoughts?
That would look interesting on Aracnocide, I wonder what it capable of doing in term of fire rates and damage it can do hmmm?
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:38 amSorry for the double posting, but yesterday i watched a video of some dudes reacting to a Dolph Lundgren movie called "Red Scorpion", which i never saw before.

What are your thoughts?
Don't make it replace the DP outright; include it as the DP's upgraded form.
KTwo

Post by KTwo »

I agree with leaving it as an upgrade
It would be better to have main weapons accurately looking as their irl counterparts then bring the funky ideas as upgrades
Like a mag fed KS-23
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The idea is good, but i have already made the 10th upgrade for each class that lacked it, being them Stella, Mikhail, Derrick and Marion.

Also, one thing i've been coming across is how weak Simon's revolvers are, and i just discovered that the piercing attack wasn't getting multiplicated by 3, like normal weapon damage.

This is fixed for the next update, as well as Stella's Sniper Rifle upgrade. Sorry for the inconvenience and stay around for a next build!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Double posting again, but i thought i had to share this small dev diary.

After having a conversation with LossForWords, he stated how unnatural and wonky Simon's quick melee was, so we thought about other alternatives, such as a brick. And then i remembered Simon used to have fists in the earlier builds of the mod.

And so i decided to do this:

Aracnocide's 2.2 build is very close to getting released. I just need a few more days of testing and personal organization.

Stay tuned for more surprises. o7

Return to “Gameplay Mods”