ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide [Released!] - Weapon/Enemies Mod

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

-Ghost- wrote:I'd say go for ammo drops, I've always hated infinite ammo stuff.
Yes... what is enough gets too annoying right? I think i'll fix that soon i'm just waiting for more feedback.
Zhs2 wrote:I would say that anything would nice over grinding away with the crowbar. Case in point: Doom 2's own MAP02. The map practically forces you to rely on dropped shotguns to survive, and without them you are very, very shanked. The pistol here wouldn't help much even if it did have infinite ammo, but the chainsaw would at least be a boon.
Yes, things only get good after map 05 when i play Doom II levels. As said for ghost let's give a little more time and things will be changed according to future feedback.

Talking about maps first post was updated again with some recomendations of maps and mods to play this game with!! I completely forgot them yesterday i was too tired and had to sleep.

Hope you guys are liking the game so far!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

This mod is great im enjoying with this the epic2 mapset keep up the good work, it's really making you think before you enter anywhere and go guns blazing like Rambo.
Carrascado

Post by Carrascado »

The mod is really nice.

But I have a problem, it looks like the crossbow doesn't zoom in correctly when you press secondary fire.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

armymen12002003 wrote:This mod is great im enjoying with this the epic2 mapset keep up the good work, it's really making you think before you enter anywhere and go guns blazing like Rambo.
HAHA thank you! I added on the post yesterday some maps to play with but never tried it out with Epic 2 it's been a long time i've played it. I'm glad you like it!
Carrascado wrote:The mod is really nice.

But I have a problem, it looks like the crossbow doesn't zoom in correctly when you press secondary fire.
Oh yeah, actually the Altfire it's not a zoom, it's the reload state. But the reload state calls a frame when the bow has no arrow. I forgot to fix that. Congratulations to me. :roll:

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll fix that in the next update. Hope you keep on enjoying the mod. :D
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

GAA1992 wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:This mod is great im enjoying with this the epic2 mapset keep up the good work, it's really making you think before you enter anywhere and go guns blazing like Rambo.
HAHA thank you! I added on the post yesterday some maps to play with but never tried it out with Epic 2 it's been a long time i've played it. I'm glad you like it!

also could u quite possibly beef up the spider mastermind cause he was incredible to easy to kill with the nailgun as he went down in 3 thats right i said 3 shots also i love the secret enemy cause i blasted em hehe lol :D
TheDoomGuy

Post by TheDoomGuy »

This looks nice--is this mod arachnophobe-friendly? Semi-serious question.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

armymen12002003 wrote:also could u quite possibly beef up the spider mastermind cause he was incredible to easy to kill with the nailgun as he went down in 3 thats right i said 3 shots also i love the secret enemy cause i blasted em hehe lol :D
Wow! Didn't noticed that! Are you playing on "Arachnophobia" or "A Deadly Cargo" difficulty settings? Cause i have set The monster health to 1/3 on these levels. I'll make sure to substitute the actor for a stronger one. Thanks! I'll update the mod very soon!
TheDoomGuy wrote:This looks nice--is this mod arachnophobe-friendly? Semi-serious question.
Well, there's a warning on the thread and the game "read n info" option too. Some spiders are, IMO, very scary. Phobias are something hard to deal with :s

If you are uncertain about being afraid, or for someone that'll play it, search for the spiders from the games Blood, Daggerfall, and Might and Magic 6. Those are the most "real" spiders. The others aren't too much of a challenge to see, since they are too pixelated.

Hope you have fun!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide [Updated 1.1] - Weapon/Enemies Mod

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Game updated! Check out the changelog and download section!

No ammo drops on monsters yet, but this is being worked on.
That's why i beefed shell boxes, so you could rely easily on the shotgun, saving ammo and stuff.

Have Fun!
doony

Post by doony »

this is a very good mod, the lack of ammo makes it very creepy, I loved :D
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

you could add an option that makes enemies no respawn? (sorry my english)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

doony wrote:this is a very good mod, the lack of ammo makes it very creepy, I loved :D
Wow, thanks a LOT!
I made a small update that i'll explain soon. I apologize for making you download again but the last version could cause problems. Hope you're still having fun!

Miguel371xd wrote:you could add an option that makes enemies no respawn? (sorry my english)
Hey man, i was looking the files here, and on the difficulty levels i had made there was no feature that could respawn monsters. So it might be something on your Z/GZDoom settings. Try going to "Gameplay Options" and see if "Monsters Respawn" is set to "On". Thanks for downloading!

Anyway, i'm very sorry for bumping and uploading this mod like for the fourth time, but this update will be the last for a while, until i get the ammo drops and new sprites going. I just couldn't let this one pass because it envolves Boss like monsters and it could be problematic to some maps, like E1M8.

Check out the changelog for more information, and check out the new download link!

Sorry again, hope you guys like it!
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

THX!! now I can play without the monster-respawn I'll play this with custom maps :chainsaw2:
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Anyone have a mirror link since Mediafire is down at the moment?
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Glaice wrote:Anyone have a mirror link since Mediafire is down at the moment?
Mediafire it's in maintenance :L
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Glaice wrote:Anyone have a mirror link since Mediafire is down at the moment?
Sorry for the late response. Do you mind if i upload it on 4shared? I think it requires a account to download, i don't remember very well since i haven't visited my acc for ages.

EDIT: Mediafire is working for me.

EDIT 2: I forgot i had a dropbox acc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5ekxn057nfzv ... e.rar?dl=0

Get it now!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”