Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.5 (Dec 20, 2015)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

YukesVonFaust wrote:Hey jekyll.
there's something wrong with the new version of BDoom_Objects.wad:
Script error, "BDoom_Objects.wad:BD_OBJ" line 516:
Expected ')', got ','.
can you please fix it?
Let me guess... Zandronum? It works fine in GZDoom.
I think there may be a way to fix it, I'll look into it.
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:Question to all:
Perhaps I should make it so Vanilla Guns always use vanilla Doom sounds and Enhanced Guns use the new sounds? What do you guys think?

Alexis06 wrote:Some alt. attacks in 6.0.9.5 don't work anymore (like the double shotgun and the minigun).
Couldn't reproduce this. You must be selecting Vanilla Guns class. Vanilla Guns has fully vanilla weapons, no alt. attacks since version 6.0.7. Enhanced Guns includes alt. attacks.

Also, in case you've been playing some wad with the mod, saved your game, then loaded the new version of the mod and tried to load your game, that's bound to produce bugs with any mod updates.
Same issue here. New game on latest GZDoom with 6.0.9.5. MAP01 was fine. But on MAP02 I couldn't use alt attack on SSG for some reason.

Also, consider increasing frequency of footsteps.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Grigori wrote: Same issue here. New game on latest GZDoom with 6.0.9.5. MAP01 was fine. But on MAP02 I couldn't use alt attack on SSG for some reason.

Also, consider increasing frequency of footsteps.
I got it. Sorry, my mistake. I removed part of the marine's code that would allow to use enhanced weapons whenever you play this class.

As for footsteps, I'd love to but I have no means to do that. I didn't create this script and I don't even have access to its code. I think I saw the source code but it's too complex for me. Hopefully The Zombie Killer will help me here.
Gezzdt

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.6 (Dec 21, 2015)

Post by Gezzdt »

I think its the server float fs_delay_mul = 1.0; parameter in the CVARINFO, that changes the footstep frequency.
A lower value should up the frequency.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.6 (Dec 21, 2015)

Gezzdt wrote:I think its the server float fs_delay_mul = 1.0; parameter in the CVARINFO, that changes the footstep frequency.
A lower value should up the frequency.
Seems like that's right, thanks. But my greater concern is with the fact that the sounds don't seem to appear properly when you only start moving, like there' a delay. Or perhaps you need to gain velocity for them to become loud enough. But in any case that's weird.
Jekyll Grim Payne

I'd like to repeat my question because this is something I'm really interested in:
Perhaps I should make it so Vanilla Guns always use vanilla Doom sounds and Enhanced Guns use the new sounds? What do you guys think?
I also think that I may incorporate perkistan's HD Doom sounds in the mod.
tky wrote:Awkward and sorry in English.
My DOOM life in this MOD has become a great thing.
Please let me point out, however because there is to be a some care.

Ammunition to drop the enemy has increased. It also has increased also when acquiring the weapons and ammunition that are spaced from the original.
This is to fix ask because that would significantly destroy the balance of the game.
You're right, something is wrong with ammo that Zombieman drops. I'll try to fix this.
UPD: I accidentally put double A_NoBlocking (which spawns item drops) in the gibbing state so gibbed zombies spawned items twice.
tky

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.7 (Dec 22, 2015)

Post by tky »

VERSION 6.0.9.7 is cheers for good work.
It is hard to thank very much but,
- Fixed a bug where a gibbed enemy would drop double items
It is with, but it still remains twice.
Bug Fixes It is proposed that the place of the tired, but We would appreciate it if you would continue to work hard.
Also sorry obscure in English this time.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.7 (Dec 22, 2015)

tky wrote:It is hard to thank very much but,
- Fixed a bug where a gibbed enemy would drop double items
It is with, but it still remains twice.
I'm really sure that it should be fixed now. I can't see any bugs now. Well, unless you're playing on the first or the last difficulty level, of course...
Kombine

Post by Kombine »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I'd like to repeat my question because this is something I'm really interested in:
I'm pretty fond of PK's HD sound mod, so I wouldn't mind them being used for the vanilla Doom weapons.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Note to all: the Enhanced Fist altfire is present by mistake. It's a WIP that hasn't yet been developed into anything. May be removed at all later.

Another question I could use some help with: I was thinking about implementing a new hud. Something reminiscent of the original hud, with the mugshot, but more function and the one that wouldn't block much of the lower part of the screen. I'd love to hear some ideas (or see if you have any wads in mind).
Kombine wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I'd like to repeat my question because this is something I'm really interested in:
I'm pretty fond of PK's HD sound mod, so I wouldn't mind them being used for the vanilla Doom weapons.
FYI it's fully compatible with the mod now, you can load it up and you'll heart perkistan's sounds when using Vanilla Guns. But still I may include them in the mod.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.8 (Dec 24, 2015)

VERSION 6.0.9.8
*** ADDED
- New STATUSBAR: a 'remix' of Doom's original status bar that works in all aspect ratios. It works as a fullscreen statusbar (only if ZDoom's Alternative HUD is off) and is basically the same old statusbar, just rearranged on the screen
- Enhanced Fist alt. attack (temporary experiment to see how it goes): secondary attack alows to push enemies away for quick getaway, dealing to damage; with Berserk Pack push is much stronger and hurts enemies if they hit something; this attack's effectiveness is boosted by your spead (use while running)
- perkistan's HD Doom sounds are now included in the mod; you can hear the HD weapon sounds if you use Vanilla Guns, while Enhanced Guns still use my sounds
- Dynamic light for Megasphere
- New smoke for bullet puffs and guns: now the smoke spawned by bullets and over gun barrels is different fromt the smoke spawned behind rockets and raising over charred bodies.
- A replacement actor for BFG sprays (secondary small plasma explosions spawned at enemies when BFG ball explodes)
- A second type of "plasma death", a "BFG death": it blackens corpses like plasma death, but doesn't prevent gibbing and bleeding (so the corpses end up sort of black-and-red or black-and-blue in case of Cacodemon)
- Imps, Hell Knights and Baron of Hells now spawn particle fire in their hands prior to throwing a fireball
- Minor enemies now have "green fire death" in addition to "fire death", which activates when they're burnt by a Hell Knight/Baron of Hell
*** CHANGED
- Teleport Fog animation is now shorter (takes less time)
- Updated information on enhanced pistol on HELP (F1) screen according to changes (no +1 damage anymore)
- Chaingun drawing sound
- Plasmaballs now leave a decal that fades out much quicker
- But plasma railgun leaves a long-fading decal, similar to the one previously used by plasmaballs
- Chainsaw idle animation is now much less pronounced, just minor shaking
- Idle Chainsaw now produces some smoke
*** FIXED
- Missing Rocket launcher drawing sound
- Missing pickup sounds for SSG and Shotgun
- Missing float-bobbing on Soulsphere
- Cacodemon not clipping into TERRAIN water when killed with plasma
- Dual pistols not having a gun flash when dual wielding
- Enhanced Pistol still having 6 damage instead of 5
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Would you be kind enough to release a mod pack of HD items WITHOUT the guns? That way we can enjoy the armor, health, keycard pick ups in ANY mod that changes weapons.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Skrell wrote:Would you be kind enough to release a mod pack of HD items WITHOUT the guns? That way we can enjoy the armor, health, keycard pick ups in ANY mod that changes weapons.
The description says the mod is modular. Unpack the PK3, take out the BDoom_HDsprites.wad. Voila.

I may create a separate topic on it later.
Jekyll Grim Payne

I finally got myself Zandronum and testing now with it as well. I found issues with version 3.0 in certain checks (doesn't seem to recognize CheckClass command) and it's going to be fixed in the new version. Stay tuned!
tky

Post by tky »

BugFixes is cheers for good work.
How can a matter of ammunition,
Former Human is drop Clip does not change even 10 rounds Pistol 20 shots 2 body onward.
Sergeant is drop Shotgun 12 shot two bodies and subsequent normal of 4 shots
Commando is drop Chaingun 30 shot two bodies and subsequent normal of 10 shots

Weapon of ammunition of installation state,
Shotgun 16 rounds
Super shotgun 16 shots
Chaingun 40 shots
RocketLauncher 4 shots
PlasmaRifle 80 shots
BFG 80 shots
It had become. The other was normal.
Sorry to point out every time.
Modify thank you.