Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vcred
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Post by Vcred »

Hi Jekyll, would like to suggest a toggle for weapons casing, sometimes I just want to go "more vanilla".

Right now I just changed something myself, but I'm sure you can make it an option.

Code: Select all

action actor A_Eject(class<Actor> itemtype, double xofs = 0, double yofs = 0, double zofs = 0, double xvel = 0, double yvel = 0, double zvel = 0) {
		if (!player || !player.mo || bdoom_weapons != 2)
			return null;
		PlayerInfo plr = player;
		PlayerPawn pmo = player.mo;
		Vector3 ofs = pmo.pos+(0,0,plr.viewheight-GetFloorTerrain().footclip);
		Vector3 x, y, z;
		[x, y, z] = Matrix4.getaxes(pmo.pitch,pmo.angle,pmo.roll);
		let targofs = ofs+x*xofs+y*yofs-z*zofs;
		if (!Level.IsPointInLevel(targofs))
			return null;
		let c = Spawn(itemtype,targofs);
		if (c) {
			c.vel = x*xvel+y*yvel+z*zvel;
			c.target = self;
			c.angle = angle;
			return c;
		}
		return null;
	}
Thx and congratulations on your great mod, I'm using it for years.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Vcred wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:17 pm Hi Jekyll, would like to suggest a toggle for weapons casing, sometimes I just want to go "more vanilla".

Right now I just changed something myself, but I'm sure you can make it an option.
The casings are currently a part of the "smoke, trails, casings, debris" package. I don't think I'm going to introduce a separate option just for the casings, because I'm wary of option bloat (there's a bit too many as it is, IMO). I may separate FX spawned by the monsters and by the player into separate options, though.
Vcred

Post by Vcred »

Fair enough, thanks anyways, keep up the good work!
Nimlouth

Post by Nimlouth »

This has become an "always in loadoarder" for me these days! tysm for the hard work put into this! <3

Btw, is there any way to manually restore the sink-into-liquids effect back? I know it caused issues, but I'm very jealous of the doom retro sourceport liquid effects and I really miss that tiny detail in gzdoom. I could live with a case-by-case toggle :p

tysm again for the amazing mod! keep it up!
Jekyll Grim Payne

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Nimlouth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:37 am This has become an "always in loadoarder" for me these days! tysm for the hard work put into this! <3
Thank you!
Nimlouth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:37 amBtw, is there any way to manually restore the sink-into-liquids effect back? I know it caused issues, but I'm very jealous of the doom retro sourceport liquid effects and I really miss that tiny detail in gzdoom. I could live with a case-by-case toggle :p
In the TERRAIN lump at the root of the archive look for lines that contain footclip 0 and change 0 to a greater value, such as 8.
Nimlouth

Post by Nimlouth »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:53 am
Nimlouth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:37 am This has become an "always in loadoarder" for me these days! tysm for the hard work put into this! <3
Thank you!
Nimlouth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:37 amBtw, is there any way to manually restore the sink-into-liquids effect back? I know it caused issues, but I'm very jealous of the doom retro sourceport liquid effects and I really miss that tiny detail in gzdoom. I could live with a case-by-case toggle :p
In the TERRAIN lump at the root of the archive look for lines that contain footclip 0 and change 0 to a greater value, such as 8.
It worked like a charm!!! tysm! <3 it was actually really easy to make a "patch" in slade just replacing the terrain lump with a "footclip 8" version and then just use a launcher (I use doom runner) to toggle it on or off in the loadorder

Return to “Gameplay Mods”