Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.2 (Dec 13, 2015)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Grigori wrote:Can't play Ultimate Doom without loading DOOM2.WAD before Beautiful Doom. Is that fixable?
Yes, it is. There are two ways: I'll either have to import all Doom 2 monsters sprites in the mod (currently only the new death animations or sprites with fixed offsets are present) thus increasing the size of the wad (which isn't probably so terrible). Or there's a much cleaner but much slower solution: I'd have to manually list all sprites in TEXTURES lump and write in their offsets. Lots of work but I'd be elegant. I'll think about it...
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.2 (Dec 13, 2015)

Post by Agitatio »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:Yes, it is. There are two ways: I'll either have to import all Doom 2 monsters sprites in the mod (currently only the new death animations or sprites with fixed offsets are present) thus increasing the size of the wad (which isn't probably so terrible). Or there's a much cleaner but much slower solution: I'd have to manually list all sprites in TEXTURES lump and write in their offsets. Lots of work but I'd be elegant. I'll think about it...
It's not a big deal. Rather focus on improving BD and maybe make it compatible with original Doom later.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.3 (Dec 15, 2015)

VERSION 6.0.9.3
*** VANILLA RULE VIOLATION FIX:
- As it turns out I was using wrong code for Fist which resulted in slightly different damage. Changed to fully vanilla now. (It used to be occasionally higher.)
*** NEW ALTERNATIVE ATTACKS (enhanced weapon set only):
- Much requested PLASMA RIFLE RAILGUN ALT.ATTACK. It takes 20 Cell, requires short charge and longer cooling than regular attack and deals 250-625 damage (10*random(10,25) to be precise) which is averagely the same as the same amount of damage that plasmaballs could do using 20 cells (usually kills a Revenant). To be precise it's higher than the minimum damage and lower than the highest damage that the same amount of plasma balls could do. It's NOT piercing.
- SHOTGUN ALT.ATTACK: buttstock melee. Hits slightly stronger and further than fist but more slowly.
It also pushes enemies away. It's affected by Berserk too (as it's a physical attack).
Notice that you can shoot very quickly after performing melee.
- BFG ALT.ATTACK: similar to beta-Doom BFG attack with some tweaks. It has a slow charge and you can hold the charge button as long as you want;, the gun won't fire until you release the fire button.
When you do, it fires 40 green plasma balls each dealing 5 damage and able to bounce off floors and ceilings (not walls). The total damage is somewhat lower than a full BFG blast but has different tactical applications.
*** BUG FIXES:
- The mod now works with Ultimate Doom without the need of doom2.wad
- Fixed decorative dead bodies bugs
- Fixed resurrected Cacodemon being stuck to the floor
- Fixed a bug where imp would stay mirrored (walk backwards) when resurrected by Arch-Vile after certain death animations
- Fixed a few GL lights and changed Armor Bonus GL light
*** ADDED/REMOVED:
- Added a sweet HD pickup for Armor Bonus (thanks again, Death Egg)
- Added new death animation for Zombieman
- Added new death animation for Cacodemon
- Added sound variations to BFG ball explosion
- Added a flying mid-air sound for the flying rocket (if BDoom_weapsounds.wad is used)
- Removed one of Imp's deaths (it didn't look good plus even now he still has 3 basic variations)
- Added sprite variations for big brown tree and small burnt tree
*** BEHAVIOR IMPROVEMENTS:
- Small blood drops don't produce any sound when hitting TERRAIN water (big ones still do but there are much fewer of them)
- Lamps now don't block bullets and block projectiles (which is vanilla behavior) but still can be destroyed by explosions
- Lamps have more health (cannot be destroyed as easily)
Note: the logic here is that lamps are functional (i.e. give light) and shouldn't be easily destroyed
- Lamps' lens flare is now not completely static but flickers and varies in size
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis06

Post by Alexis06 »

When hit by a rocket, imps are not correctly fired (no flames), they are instantely grilled (black corpse).
+ IMHO, someone hit by a rocket should explode in parts (just like with barrel but fired and grilled).
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Alexis06 wrote:When hit by a rocket, imps are not correctly fired (no flames), they are instantely grilled (black corpse).
+ IMHO, someone hit by a rocket should explode in parts (just like with barrel but fired and grilled).
also, the Shotgunner's alt death's last frame is reverted back to the default shotgunner corpse.
edit: oh. it's fixed. nevermind.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Alexis06 wrote:When hit by a rocket, imps are not correctly fired (no flames), they are instantely grilled (black corpse).
Umm... If there's a bug, I couldn't reporduce it at all. First, Imps and other demons don't have a fire death (only zombies do), and rockets never trigger the fire death animation. The fire death can only be actually triggered by Imps' and Mancubuses' fireballs, nothing else. And the black-and-smoke death can only be triggered by plasma weapons.

So rockets don't trigger any special death. They gib enemies most of the time or trigger a regular or decapitation death.

YukesVonFaust wrote: also, the Shotgunner's alt death's last frame is reverted back to the default shotgunner corpse.
edit: oh. it's fixed. nevermind.
If you're downloading from Dropbox, a 6.0.9.3 folder used to be there but it wasn't a real update :) It was an older file that I accidentally forgot there. It was replaced with proper update at the time when I actually made the post here.
Alexis06

Post by Alexis06 »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Umm... If there's a bug, I couldn't reporduce it at all. First, Imps and other demons don't have a fire death (only zombies do), and rockets never trigger the fire death animation. The fire death can only be actually triggered by Imps' and Mancubuses' fireballs, nothing else. And the black-and-smoke death can only be triggered by plasma weapons.

So rockets don't trigger any special death. They gib enemies most of the time or trigger a regular or decapitation death.
Actually, I can trigger fire deaths with a rocket on zombies and black-and-smoke deaths on imps . I'm using Zandronum, maybe it's the reason ?

EDIT: I tested with Zdoom and the rocket works perfectly. The problem is with Zandronum.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Alexis06 wrote: Actually, I can trigger fire deaths with a rocket on zombies and black-and-smoke deaths on imps . I'm using Zandronum, maybe it's the reason ?

EDIT: I tested with Zdoom and the rocket works perfectly. The problem is with Zandronum.
Uhhh... Okay, I promise that one of these days I'll get to Zandronum and try to test it out, because I literally have never worked with this port. So the mod may not work properly in some cases.

But I honestly don't know how it's possible. The fire death is a separate death state that can only be triggered by projectiles with damagetype Fire, which rocket doesn't have. Perhaps Zandronum's default rocket has this property? If it's so and if you're not using the BDoom_weapons.wad, then it might be so.
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.4 (Dec 17, 2015)

Post by Agitatio »

Hey Jekyll, I noticed that footsteps in BD "lag" behind. There's a better implementation. Check it out.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.4 (Dec 17, 2015)

Grigori wrote:Hey Jekyll, I noticed that footsteps in BD "lag" behind. There's a better implementation. Check it out.
You're right, I've been meaning to.
Now I finally did it, with some changes though.
Alexis06

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.5 (Dec 20, 2015)

Post by Alexis06 »

Some alt. attacks in 6.0.9.5 don't work anymore (like the double shotgun and the minigun).
Jekyll Grim Payne

Question to all:
Perhaps I should make it so Vanilla Guns always use vanilla Doom sounds and Enhanced Guns use the new sounds? What do you guys think?

Alexis06 wrote:Some alt. attacks in 6.0.9.5 don't work anymore (like the double shotgun and the minigun).
Couldn't reproduce this. You must be selecting Vanilla Guns class. Vanilla Guns has fully vanilla weapons, no alt. attacks since version 6.0.7. Enhanced Guns includes alt. attacks.

Also, in case you've been playing some wad with the mod, saved your game, then loaded the new version of the mod and tried to load your game, that's bound to produce bugs with any mod updates.
Psi7

Post by Psi7 »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote: Couldn't reproduce this. You must be selecting Vanilla Guns class. Vanilla Guns has fully vanilla weapons, no alt. attacks since version 6.0.7. Enhanced Guns includes alt. attacks.

Also, in case you've been playing some wad with the mod, saved your game, then loaded the new version of the mod and tried to load your game, that's bound to produce bugs with any mod updates.
The EnhancedWeaponSelector powerup from the enhanced guns class is lost between levels so you need to add the + INVENTORY.PERSISTENTPOWER flag to keep it.
tky

Post by tky »

Awkward and sorry in English.
My DOOM life in this MOD has become a great thing.
Please let me point out, however because there is to be a some care.

Ammunition to drop the enemy has increased. It also has increased also when acquiring the weapons and ammunition that are spaced from the original.
This is to fix ask because that would significantly destroy the balance of the game.

In order to more wonderfully this MOD, or will not move sinuous are you stuck the offal like a's and the human face of the texture guy (stage 30)?

Travel and is good, but ...
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20151221_233908.png
Screenshot_Doom_20151221_233908.png (154.99 KiB) Viewed 6841 times
Screenshot_Doom_20151221_23385]5.png
Screenshot_Doom_20151221_23385]5.png (195.55 KiB) Viewed 6841 times
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Hey jekyll.
there's something wrong with the new version of BDoom_Objects.wad:
Script error, "BDoom_Objects.wad:BD_OBJ" line 516:
Expected ')', got ','.
can you please fix it?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”