Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wolf00

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.6.1 (Dec 5, 2015)

Post by wolf00 »

i want use only pwad with provide visuals efects .. i dont use other two[weapons& emenies]
unRyker

Post by unRyker »

I'm playing it and I'm loving it- except there's two Pinky deaths that clip through the floor even if Adjust Sprite Clipping is on 'Always'.

Edit: Found another clipping Pinky death
Spoiler: Huge Images
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Made the visor sprites.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

wolf00 wrote:i want use only pwad with provide visuals efects .. i dont use other two[weapons& emenies]
Well, you can use whichever ones you like. The weapons' visual effects are coded inside rusars-r, so you don't need BDoom wads for that. But if you want to see decorations, you can load rusars-r with BDoom_objects.wad, they should work fine.
unRyker wrote:I'm playing it and I'm loving it- except there's two Pinky deaths that clip through the floor even if Adjust Sprite Clipping is on 'Always'.

Edit: Found another clipping Pinky death
Unfortunately there's a number of sprites that never seem to clip right and I couldn't fix them so far. They only look properly if you set sprite clipping to "smart" (not "smarter"). I think it may be because some of the sprites were originally BMPs while others were PNGs, but I don't see how this may be relevant since SLADE converts them all anyway. Well... If I find a way to fix it I will. But so far either death sprites clip (some Imp's deaths too) or, for example, small torches' colored flare keeps jumping up and down because of weird clipping.
Death Egg wrote: Made the visor sprites.
Thanks, Death Egg. You can keep posting them here or on Doomworld, I check both forums. Just don't post everywhere, I think that would be too much :)
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.7.1 (Dec 8, 2015)

So now the mod has two playerclasses which are actually weapon sets. You can see details on F1 (help) screen. Let me know what you think.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

For some reason I start without pistol, with both default and enhanced weapons. Using lates development build of GZDoom.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Grigori wrote:For some reason I start without pistol, with both default and enhanced weapons. Using lates development build of GZDoom.
Thanks for the report. Fixed.
Kombine

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.8 (Dec 12, 2015)

Post by Kombine »

Pinky deaths are now bugged (limbs from dismemberment deaths turn into spectre limbs and bleed transparent blood on death). Also, spectres have red blood instead of transparent blood and don't have dismemberment deaths like before.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.8 (Dec 12, 2015)

Kombine wrote:Pinky deaths are now bugged (limbs from dismemberment deaths turn into spectre limbs and bleed transparent blood on death). Also, spectres have red blood instead of transparent blood and don't have dismemberment deaths like before.
You're right I accidentally put both new Spectre and new Demon as replacements for Demon (Pinky). It'll be fixed today in a new release.
Alexis06

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9 (Dec 11, 2015)

Post by Alexis06 »

Version 6.0.9 can't start in Zandronum

Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9 (Dec 11, 2015)

Alexis06 wrote:Version 6.0.9 can't start in Zandronum
Okay, I changed the code a little so that it should work now.
But note that I never developed or tested this mod with Zandronum. It's a GZDoom mod. Working in Zandronum is not guaranteed.
Last edited by Jekyll Grim Payne on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
unRyker

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.1 (Dec 11, 2015)

Post by unRyker »

Spoiler: Fixed Arachnotron
Spoiler: Fixed BFG
I modified these files to get rid of the warnings if you'd like them. There appeared to be typos in the original files. Just copy and paste into their respective files (BW_BFG; BM_ARAC)
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Pinkies are still spitting out spectre blood
Jekyll Grim Payne

unRyker wrote: I modified these files to get rid of the warnings if you'd like them. There appeared to be typos in the original files. Just copy and paste into their respective files (BW_BFG; BM_ARAC)
Yes, thanks. Although the BFG one is not important because it was part of an old code. And the arrachnotron effect is just not that noticeable but it still important. Thanks.

Yutrzenika wrote:Pinkies are still spitting out spectre blood
Couldn't reproduce at first but then I found where I made the mistake. Thanks for the update; I uploaded the fixed version. BTW what port/version are you using?
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.2 (Dec 13, 2015)

Post by Agitatio »

Can't play Ultimate Doom without loading DOOM2.WAD before Beautiful Doom. Is that fixable?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”