[spooky] It's a Goodtimesans!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheBadHustlex

Re: [spooky] It's a Goodtimesans!

Post by TheBadHustlex »

That's a new way to name characters.

I thought it was because "sans" means "without". And since he is a skeleton, he is "without flesh".
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that is probably a double entendré. it could mean both things. if you go even deeper, you can argue the name even defines what he does (Comic Sans: he's a comedian, and his name is Sans.)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

sorry if i'm late, i've added your edit into my addon. thanks again!
CirnouliK

Post by CirnouliK »

One thing I just thought of that might be good is, you know how the Godmode item is Sans' skull? Why not change it to Papyrus' Scarf? Maybe, by seeing his pure scarf in such a hellish landscape, it could give him enough determination to cleanse the Underworld of demonspawn.
Viscra Maelstrom

so since this mod has a bunch of flavor-text for pick-ups, perhaps i could help making the flavor text a bit more... flavor-y? here's a few samples of mine:

PICK-UPS:
"You wore the papyrus'...Armor?" = "You equipped Papyrus' Armor. How'd it get here?"
"You ate a tiny pack of ketchup." = "You ate a sliver of ketchup."
"You collected your old sock. sorry, not wearing it." = "You found your old sock. Still not wearing it."
"You drank a tomato juice." = "You drank a bottle of tomato juice."
"You drank a tomato juice and ketchup mixture for not having a bad time!" = "Phew. Thought ya were a goner there."
"You drank a tomato juice and ketchup mixture." = "You drank a bottled mixture of tomato juice and ketchup."
"You picked up a "color" skull key. Reminds you of your brother..."
"You drank a ket...i mean hot sauce, for mistake but worth the help!" = "You drank a bottle of... hot sauce?! AGH!"
"A Brand new phone with map scanning app! but too bad you still can't call your brother!" = "You acquired a brand-new phone with GPS-features!"
"This binocular's eyecups seems strange..." = "You acquired some binoculars! But they seem rather strange..."
"You wore the Iron-Slippers!" = "You wear a pair of Iron Slippers!"
"You drank a WHOLE pack of tomato juice! bottoms up, all of them." = "You chugged an entire pack of tomato juice! Bottoms up!"
"A papyrus' gift from this realm just for you! Wowie!" = "Wowie! You acquired Papyrus' gift from outside this world!"

EXIT MESSAGES:
"Is it hard to make this choice?" = "Is it THAT hard to make this choice?"
"Let's go to Grillby's?" = "Hey, let's go to Grillby's!"

if anyone else wanna improve on these, go ahead.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

now that looks lively. thanks a lot, i'm going to improve them!
CirnouliK wrote:One thing I just thought of that might be good is, you know how the Godmode item is Sans' skull? Why not change it to Papyrus' Scarf? Maybe, by seeing his pure scarf in such a hellish landscape, it could give him enough determination to cleanse the Underworld of demonspawn.
if papyrus is officially dead, i'm sure that would works! but i'll think about it.

EDIT: aaaand all finished!
CirnouliK

Post by CirnouliK »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so since this mod has a bunch of flavor-text for pick-ups, perhaps i could help making the flavor text a bit more... flavor-y? here's a few samples of mine:

PICK-UPS:
"You wore the papyrus'...Armor?" = "You equipped Papyrus' Armor. How'd it get here?"
"You ate a tiny pack of ketchup." = "You ate a sliver of ketchup."
"You collected your old sock. sorry, not wearing it." = "You found your old sock. Still not wearing it."
"You drank a tomato juice." = "You drank a bottle of tomato juice."
"You drank a tomato juice and ketchup mixture for not having a bad time!" = "Phew. Thought ya were a goner there."
"You drank a tomato juice and ketchup mixture." = "You drank a bottled mixture of tomato juice and ketchup."
"You picked up a "color" skull key. Reminds you of your brother..."
"You drank a ket...i mean hot sauce, for mistake but worth the help!" = "You drank a bottle of... hot sauce?! AGH!"
"A Brand new phone with map scanning app! but too bad you still can't call your brother!" = "You acquired a brand-new phone with GPS-features!"
"This binocular's eyecups seems strange..." = "You acquired some binoculars! But they seem rather strange..."
"You wore the Iron-Slippers!" = "You wear a pair of Iron Slippers!"
"You drank a WHOLE pack of tomato juice! bottoms up, all of them." = "You chugged an entire pack of tomato juice! Bottoms up!"
"A papyrus' gift from this realm just for you! Wowie!" = "Wowie! You acquired Papyrus' gift from outside this world!"

EXIT MESSAGES:
"Is it hard to make this choice?" = "Is it THAT hard to make this choice?"
"Let's go to Grillby's?" = "Hey, let's go to Grillby's!"

if anyone else wanna improve on these, go ahead.
All the typos... I could make better ones than those, no offense.
In fact, if the guy wants me to, I can! Just teach me how to edit the wad.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

if you are talking about the original one, like i said, english is not my native language also not mastered yet. and viscra already did it and nothing is wrong about them so no worries.
Viscra Maelstrom

yeah, the first lines are what the mod used to have, and what comes after were my revisions. it doesn't necessarily impact the quality of the mod since it's just text appearing when you pick up the items (and Doom's pick-up messages aren't very noteworthy to begin with), but i thought that since no one had offered i could make them look a little bit tidier since it's not really hard for me to do.

it's nothing worth mentioning though. the meat of the wad are the new sprite-replacements and assorted tweaks. did you make those gaster blaster rotations by yourself, J? they're really damn good. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

indeed i made them myself, thanks!

EDIT: no problem and already done it!
Last edited by Captain J on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

i edited my MIDI file slightly because there were some errors in it. the same link as before should have the updated file. sorry for the inconvenience.
CirnouliK

Post by CirnouliK »

Hey! Just wanted to drop by and say I found a cool little 360 rotation of Sans if ya need it!
https://33.media.tumblr.com/0091e5a9e5f ... fi_500.gif
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

good rotations, i'll need those later!
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Press R to taunt
Might want to specify what "R" is bound to.
CirnouliK wrote:Hey! Just wanted to drop by and say I found a cool little 360 rotation of Sans if ya need it!
https://33.media.tumblr.com/0091e5a9e5f ... fi_500.gif
If you can find some swinging his hands around while he's attacking or just doing whatever, I think those would compliment it as well.
Viscra Maelstrom

Major Cooke wrote:Might want to specify what "R" is bound to.
it's bound to "Reload", but it's not changed to accommodate this. so the Reload function should be renamed to Taunt.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”