[Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NullWire

Re: [Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V3.5)

Post by NullWire »

I think you need to add more kind of Mancubus, Arachnotrons, archviles, Pains, Caco's, lost souls, revenants and bosses

I saw this in many mods and they doesn't add so much variety of this monsters always they add more imps, formers, pinkys, only the main monsters
Check out complex doom: invasion they really have badass monsters
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I wanted to check out Complex Doom sometime. It looks... complex.

There are going to be a few new variations to be put into nearly every spawner, because of the Demon Eclipse monsters I'm adding.

Also, one problem with the Complex Doom monsters is that their graphics are awesome. Not that that's actually a problem, but then I feel I'd need to update a whole buttload of other projectiles and effects to match these. So, I'm reluctant.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Complex doom isn't really complex. . . it's more convoluted than anything. More of those boss monsters would be neato, though.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Complex because it has a lot of monsters. It'll be a little more complicated than a simple copypasta job, which is more than I have patience for... at least for now.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Could you please make a versoin for Brutal Doom (original one)?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Could you please make a versoin for Brutal Doom (original one)?
Here's the thing about this: a lot of what makes Brutal Doom "brutal" is in its own monster code. If this were adapted to "support" Brutal, you would wind up losing a lot of stuff like headshots, fatalities, potentially even gore effects and weapon resistance/weakness and item drops. Basically, the two are not inherently cross-compatible because of the way ZDoom works, and asking that the new randomized monsters support the Brutal stuff is asking for literal thousands of sprite edits, actor code changes, and a lot of other work that the author is probably not willing to put in.

Read this topic for more information.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

wildweasel wrote:
QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Could you please make a versoin for Brutal Doom (original one)?
Here's the thing about this: a lot of what makes Brutal Doom "brutal" is in its own monster code. If this were adapted to "support" Brutal, you would wind up losing a lot of stuff like headshots, fatalities, potentially even gore effects and weapon resistance/weakness and item drops. Basically, the two are not inherently cross-compatible because of the way ZDoom works, and asking that the new randomized monsters support the Brutal stuff is asking for literal thousands of sprite edits, actor code changes, and a lot of other work that the author is probably not willing to put in.

Read this topic for more information.
Sorry, like, i know there are new monsters in Project Brutality, but...

Whatever.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nailed that on right on the head, WildWeasel. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brutal Doom is... to say the least... quite a pain.

I haven't been able to get it working correctly with Guncaster, what with all the extra unnecessary damagetypes like from rescue marines.

Dude, I can't sprite jack. For now, I'm just a coder, and I work with whatever sprites and graphics are given to me. Plus, so many of these monsters don't even have brutal versions (for example, the Hellion, now known as the Scorcher). It'd be nice if that code was cleaned up and updated some, cuz there's some really bad and outdated coding practices there in Brutal Doom...

My apologies, but I cannot do this. I may look into it if someone actually made brutal versions of these monsters, but I haven't the skill nor the patience to do all of that all by myself.

P.S.: What's up with the blood sprites themselves dealing damage to monsters in BD?
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

DoomKrakken wrote:P.S.: What's up with the blood sprites themselves dealing damage to monsters in BD?
A relatively recent change (by which I mean I think about a year ago by now) made it so that projectiles with the +ripper flag always cause damage/pain states, even if they're meant to cause 0 damage. Functionally that was replaced by +thruactors but all changes to decorate had to be made retroactively. A few other mods have the same problem, typically anything derived from Nashgore.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sarge should really consider doing that, then. Using +THRUACTORS, that is.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

He does. Brutal Doom ver. 19 and everything derived from it, however, doesn't, because it predates the necessity of the change. As of BDv20, he does use it.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Haven't bothered to check that. I'll need to look into it.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

I hope you can find this useful, sorry for the bad quality

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56C5F183
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I wonder what mod this belongs to...
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

With Guncaster, I have to say it fits so well. But I do have to say that some of the enemies that replace the shotgunguys and the chaingunguys kill me faster than the other high-tier enemies, ESPECIALLY the Dune Warrior. Maybe it's 'cause I play it in Hurt Me Plenty, but they sometimes kill you in one single hit most of the time.

I can't wait for another update. The variety is awesome.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”