[Release] Metro 2034 Redux

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XCVG

[Release] Metro 2034 Redux

Post by XCVG »

Welcome METRO 2034, glorious post-apocalpyse adventure! In game you play Hunter, great ranger of metro of Moskva! Is shooter, lots of shooting action and quality cinema! Is base on author of best book Dmitri Glukovsky!

The year 2034, world is over. Last survivors live in the Moscow metro. Brown had been killed but Artem Sebastopol station fights against new threats. They rely on the supply of arms that suddenly interrupted! To solve the mystery and return any materials sent to a small group.

Has include the many features!
-The three-dimension engine advance the technology!
-Scene of story can skip!
-Can shoot to the new enemy of weapons!
-Adventure with friends!
-Improve the version 2015!
-Stand by self!

Spoiler: What is this, actually?
Download Metro 2034 Redux (Full Standalone Version)
Download Metro 2034 Redux (Mod for (Free)Doom 2)
Download Metro 2034 Lite

A much smaller lite version is planned and will be released in the coming weeks.
Last edited by XCVG on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grouchbag

Re: [Release] Metro 2034 Redux

Post by grouchbag »

Just played this,it was fun.I like the gameplay and the graphics are good. :D :D :D
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Funny enough, i am working on nearly the same project since years ago, although mine is named "Doom Metro" and looks vastly diferent than yours.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

That WAS quite fun. Shame doom's pathfinding for friendlies isn't great, but then your pals in the official game weren't really that smart either
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

A mod-only version is now available. It requires a recent version of GZDoom (I've tested with 2.0.05)- there are lots of 3D models and it will look horrible in ZDoom. I've fixed a few bugs with DOOM 2, but it's still meant to run with Freedoom and will look and sound a lot better with the freedoom2 IWAD.
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

The lite version is now complete and ready to download. I'm actually very happy with this conversion. It's under 4MB, a tenth of the size of the full version, but retains almost the entire experience. The biggest change is the soundtrack, which has been replaced with an all-MIDI score. I've compressed some of the sounds, removed some textures, reduced the quality of others, and done a general cleanup of the PK3 to further bring the size down. I was worried I'd have to drop some or all of the models, but they turned out to be small enough to keep, even with only a few textures resized.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”