DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DOOM Tribute Project (ALT SOUNDTRACK AVAILABLE)

Postby Thedarkcube » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Is there a "monsters only" version of this? I Really liked those monster variants and I wanted to use them with maps of chaos
Thedarkcube

Postby 0mrcynic0 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:23 am

Thedarkcube wrote:Is there a "monsters only" version of this? I Really liked those monster variants and I wanted to use them with maps of chaos

Do you really have to double-post? Maybe if you PM'ed the thread starter he may give you a direct answer.
0mrcynic0
Deliciously shiny

Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Postby Thedarkcube » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:24 am

0mrcynic0 wrote:
Thedarkcube wrote:Is there a "monsters only" version of this? I Really liked those monster variants and I wanted to use them with maps of chaos

Do you really have to double-post? Maybe if you PM'ed the thread starter he may give you a direct answer.

It was a accident when I was trying to edit my post...sorry
Thedarkcube

Postby Alando1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 pm

@drfrag - I'm glad you've enjoyed it :)

@Thedarkcube - I don't have a stand alone wad that would be like a monster randomizer, however, the wad that contains the enemies are within the pk3 file. If you wanted to extract that wad file and create a randomized monster spawner for it, you can do so if you'd like :)

-Alando1
Alando1

Postby drfrag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Yeah, superb stuff. Also I like the weapons mod a lot. BTW i meant better than BD that was a typo, even when i maintain my own Brutal thing version. :)
drfrag
I.R developer, I.R smart
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Postby Thedarkcube » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Alando1 wrote:@drfrag - I'm glad you've enjoyed it :)

@Thedarkcube - I don't have a stand alone wad that would be like a monster randomizer, however, the wad that contains the enemies are within the pk3 file. If you wanted to extract that wad file and create a randomized monster spawner for it, you can do so if you'd like :)

-Alando1

I don't know how to do it. I'm playing doom on mobile since I don't actually have a pc so I don't even know if it is possible to extract a wad through my phone
Thedarkcube

Postby DoomCATO » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:32 am

Is there a "Map Only" version for this. Cause I'm trying to run some mods like Project Brutality but there are some bugs with the monsters.
DoomCATO

Postby Drake Raider » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm in support of the map only query. I might poke around and see if it's possible to make myself, but if they're integrated too tightly, I don't want to spoil things for myself either.
Drake Raider
Currently working on Blanket Doom

Postby Alando1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:55 pm

@DoomCATO & Drake Raider - Hi guys. There isn't a map only version of the DOOM Tribute Project, however, I understand why you are concerned. Lately, YouTuber Zdenda1990 has been playing the wad and many are curious if it is compatible with Brutal Doom or any other weapon/enemy wads. The thing is, if you wanted to play with a custom weapons mod, you technically can. What you would have to do, though, is remove the weapons wad in the doomtrib.pk3. After doing so, you'll be able to play with any weapon wad. For Brutal Doom or an enemy replacement mod, this is a different story... I have a bunch of custom enemies within each of the levels and it would be a gargantuan task to re-edit each and every level just so it can be compatible with Brutal Doom. I do not see myself making an alternate version of the DOOM Tribute Project anytime soon. My schedule these days have been quite busy. I do hope you can still enjoy the DOOM Tribute Project even though it might be limited with mod compatibility.

Thank you.

-Alando1
Alando1

Previous

Return to Levels