Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [SEP 28 2022] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

Code: Select all

- FIX: Archvile death and xdeaths had opportunities to freeze due to sprite copying
- TWEAK: Adrenaline script now gives more adrenaline generically on XDeath kills
- TWEAK: Pulse Rifle projectiles alpha, spawning frame position, and death frames updated to be more impactful
Small update!
D4N5T3P
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by D4N5T3P »

Hello. The kill ratio for me is bugged for some reason https://imgur.com/a/Ez9XWuT
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

D4N5T3P wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 am Hello. The kill ratio for me is bugged for some reason https://imgur.com/a/Ez9XWuT
Pushed a fixed - download the mod once more and that issue should go away.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [OCT 5 2022] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

- FIX: Kill counter on level complete is now correct
- TWEAK: Adrenaline is now given out as a ZScript function to allow monsters to access their GibHealth and use that check instead of a hard-coded check
Quick update
faslrn

Re: Faspons [OCT 12 2022] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

- FIX: Fullscreen huds now scale properly (hopefully) and should allow the visor hud to be more usable on default settings
- TWEAK: Updated the grenade throwing animation so the arm is no longer cut off
Small things but they were bugging me
faslrn

Re: Faspons [OCT 19 2022] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

- FIX: Monster replacement event was missing flag for better reliability on actually replacing monsters when some map makers put in odd monster/object placements
Small thing that should allow more maps to have my monster variations show up. There were some instances where vanilla monsters were not being replaced correctly because the placement of said monster was in a wall or too close for the spawn to occur.
TWsomethingunique
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TWsomethingunique »

With the latest version (10/19/22), Pinkies and Spectres are having pathfinding issues in my game; i.e. getting stuck up against walls and objects and running in place without even changing the direction they face instead of going around them, and not running over teleporting linedefs for monster closets. The only reliable way to get them unstuck is for me to circle around so that the wall they're running up against is opposite of my position relative to the monster. I tested this by spawning a pinkie on map01 of Doom2 in both the northern room with the zombie platforms and in the central room before the exit.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

TWsomethingunique wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:53 pm With the latest version (10/19/22), Pinkies and Spectres are having pathfinding issues in my game; i.e. getting stuck up against walls and objects and running in place without even changing the direction they face instead of going around them, and not running over teleporting linedefs for monster closets. The only reliable way to get them unstuck is for me to circle around so that the wall they're running up against is opposite of my position relative to the monster. I tested this by spawning a pinkie on map01 of Doom2 in both the northern room with the zombie platforms and in the central room before the exit.
Thanks for the report. I believe I know what the issue is and have a fix ready to go but the editor I was using for my editing and source control recently closed shop so I am grabbing another one. Once I do that, I can push over a fix.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [JULY 18 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

LATEST UPDATES:

- FIX: Pinkies no longer get stuck on walls or other objects
Last edited by faslrn on Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by faslrn »

LATEST UPDATES:

- NEW: Kick sprites updated and translate based on players colour from @Dr_Cosmobyte and @Mr.Enchanter
- FIX: Grenade throwing sprites now use the new darker brown gloves
Matt Eldrydge

Post by Matt Eldrydge »

Just chipping in to say I recently played this mod and it's fantastic! I'll have a proper playthrough of it with a really cool mapset soon, but for now I showed off some of its guns in a slightly outdated version. Keep up the good work!

I also realize I completely missed the kick, but it's cool to see it matches player color!

faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Matt Eldrydge wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:55 am Just chipping in to say I recently played this mod and it's fantastic! I'll have a proper playthrough of it with a really cool mapset soon, but for now I showed off some of its guns in a slightly outdated version. Keep up the good work!

I also realize I completely missed the kick, but it's cool to see it matches player color!

Thanks for the playthrough! I appreciate people making videos whenever they can as it provides a nice way for me to see how people play. Glad you enjoyed it!
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

Do you know if this is compatible with skins that change the player model and the mugshot?

I have a player skin based off my pfp that I tend to use for more vanilla oriented stuff, so i was curious.
Matt Eldrydge

Post by Matt Eldrydge »

faslrn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:48 pm Thanks for the playthrough! I appreciate people making videos whenever they can as it provides a nice way for me to see how people play. Glad you enjoyed it!
You're welcome, I'll definitely play some more maps with Faspons in the future now that I have a beefier machine! I recently released map that plays quite well with Faspons too, so I'll add that to the recommended mods list. :)
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

AliciaPendragon wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:12 pm Do you know if this is compatible with skins that change the player model and the mugshot?

I have a player skin based off my pfp that I tend to use for more vanilla oriented stuff, so i was curious.
Should be compatible! I don't do anything fancy with the HUDs so as long as the mod replaces the current mugshots, I don't foresee any issues. However, if you do try using it and see anything odd, let me know and I can take a look into it.
Matt Eldrydge wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:00 am
faslrn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:48 pm Thanks for the playthrough! I appreciate people making videos whenever they can as it provides a nice way for me to see how people play. Glad you enjoyed it!
You're welcome, I'll definitely play some more maps with Faspons in the future now that I have a beefier machine! I recently released map that plays quite well with Faspons too, so I'll add that to the recommended mods list. :)
Excellent - I look forward to it!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”