Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.04] - July 17, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Average wrote:Firstly, thanks so much for adding support for the Doom Nukem HUD. I really do think it fits Doom's style a little better than the Ultimate Doom Visor... Do you intend to tweak it at all (grenade counter, better aligned ammo counter, perhaps even an option to choose which, if any, face is displayed)?

I should also let you know that the issue with the sound positioning seems to have something to do with the crappiness known as OpenAL. After switching to Fmod EX the problem went away...

Also, just curious if you've thought any more with regards to monster idle animations... :)

Anyway, I'm still enjoying your mod. Thank you. :)
Good old OpenAL. I am seeing a few issues with it right now on some mods.

I will see what else I can add to the hud without ruining the aesthetic. It is a bit tough at first because unlike the Ultimate DOOM Visor, the fonts and general compactness of the hud is smaller, making it harder to add to it.

Still working on the idle animations and some other things. Haven't had a lot of time recently but I have some free cycles.
TheUnbeholden wrote:I've provided Snailbullet compatibility for Faspons mod: http://depositfiles.com/files/6d7g28zcu
and my Dark Doom Creatures: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48949

Enjoy everyone. You can include the mutators in your next release if you'd like.
Thanks TheUnbeholden :D More fun for me and everyone else!
Last edited by faslrn on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skrell

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.05] - July 26, 2015

Post by Skrell »

Where can i find the latest version of DOOM Nukem HUD?
Also what does the Snailbullet mod do ?
faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.05] - July 26, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Where can i find the latest version of DOOM Nukem HUD?
Also what does the Snailbullet mod do ?
The latest version I know of the hud is from here (that I know of):

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=771128#p771128

If you want the version that is compatible with Faspons, it will be in the dropbox under Doom Nukem Visor Hud.

The Snailbullet mod turns enemy hitscan weapons into projectile tracers. Unbehold also made a version that is compatible with the dark monster mod he created.

Also, newest changes with v1.05:
JULY 26 [v1.05]
  • New idle animations for (Smooth Doom):
    • Zombie
    • Shotgun Zombie
    • Imps
  • Pinkies / Spectres will now stop charging once they get close enough to you
  • Added a bar below the health meter that is your adrenaline
  • Barons will now be forced into Last Stand regardless of what they are doing
  • New extreme deaths for (Random Deaths and Decorations):
    • Pinkie
    • Caco
    • Hellknight
    • Baron
    • Mancubus
    • Archvile
  • Fixed issue with Berserk pack not giving full adrenaline
faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.06] - July 27, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Quick update bump:
JULY 27 [v1.06]
  • Added additional death for the Pinkie
  • Added several new deaths for the Caco
  • Game now autosaves on key pickups
Ever die and realize that you haven't saved in awhile? Well, this update should help. The game will automatically save when a key is picked up. This should resolve some anger issues.
faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.06] - July 27, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Heard people like updates:
JULY 30 [v1.07]
  • New imp deaths for the super shotgun and random headshots
  • Plasma gun now fires slightly faster
  • BFG's charging is now more responsive when you let go at the desired charge level
  • Removed some code to keep the Zand compatibility
  • Imps that are feared no longer scream like crazies all the time
  • Fixed a bug with the shotgun where you could skip the lowering animation when you have no more grenades and try to throw one
Skrell

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.07] - July 30, 2015

Post by Skrell »

where.is.trailer?? ;-)
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:where.is.trailer?? ;-)
Don't you worry, I have something cooking. It will be the greatest trailer of all time.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

faslrn wrote:
Skrell wrote:where.is.trailer?? ;-)
Don't you worry, I have something cooking. It will be the greatest trailer of all time.
haha i look forward to being blown away! :)
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Made Dark Doom Creatures more compatible with Faspons mod. Mainly so that grenades drop and that enemies get knocked back and pained by kicks.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Hey Faslrn,
I've started playing more with your awesome mod and had a few thoughts/questions:
1. I love the "old school" feel of your MOD!
2. All the guns "feel" great, but i do find myself wanting a secondary "zoom in" fire ala BD. Is this planned?
3. Did you by any chance do something to make the enemy sprites larger? It felt weird when i got in close to them in terms of scale.
4. Are you planning any "headshot" type hit boxes? or is it already there. I think guns that are primarily "bullet" driven feel like you want to aim for the heads more.
5. Maybe make grenades a little more common to find?

GREAT work!!
Average

Post by Average »

Please don't add secondary fire or iron sights to the weapons. Don't we have enough mods that do this? It's so nice to have 'simple' weapons... especially for those of us using keyboard only or controllers. :)

While I'm here, I wonder if it would be possible to make the key-pickup-autosave feature optional in the mod menu? I've a feeling that some might not like it and it may even potentially break a mapset if even just because of the way it's 'meant to be played' (having its own autosaves, pacing of the maps et cetera). Just a suggestion to keep the purists happy! :)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Average wrote:Please don't add secondary fire or iron sights to the weapons. Don't we have enough mods that do this? It's so nice to have 'simple' weapons... especially for those of us using keyboard only or controllers. :)

While I'm here, I wonder if it would be possible to make the key-pickup-autosave feature optional in the mod menu? I've a feeling that some might not like it and it may even potentially break a mapset if even just because of the way it's 'meant to be played' (having its own autosaves, pacing of the maps et cetera). Just a suggestion to keep the purists happy! :)
these could always be optional. :-/
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Hey Faslrn,
I've started playing more with your awesome mod and had a few thoughts/questions:
1. I love the "old school" feel of your MOD!
2. All the guns "feel" great, but i do find myself wanting a secondary "zoom in" fire ala BD. Is this planned?
3. Did you by any chance do something to make the enemy sprites larger? It felt weird when i got in close to them in terms of scale.
4. Are you planning any "headshot" type hit boxes? or is it already there. I think guns that are primarily "bullet" driven feel like you want to aim for the heads more.
5. Maybe make grenades a little more common to find?

GREAT work!!
Thanks for the review :-)

I won't be adding any zoom functions to the weapons. The primary reason is because I want to maintain fast gameplay. You're a marine running and gunning and I always felt that taking time to aim down the sights while being chased by hellspawn seemed weird.

I won't be adding a headshot damage functionality due to it decreasing map difficulty. Headshots would only affect the death animations for this mod.

I will play around with the grenade drop rate :-)

I haven't touched the sprite scale at all. Which enemies feel larger?
Average wrote:Please don't add secondary fire or iron sights to the weapons. Don't we have enough mods that do this? It's so nice to have 'simple' weapons... especially for those of us using keyboard only or controllers. :)

I will try to make it an option. I understand where you are coming from :-)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

@faslrn,
An option for what? It sounds to me like you just veto'd the iron sights? :)
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:@faslrn,
An option for what? It sounds to me like you just veto'd the iron sights? :)
Option for the key pickup autosaves. Just implemented it :) Will release it soon.

Yeah, no iron sights will be appearing. I always toyed with the idea in my head that Doomguy is Rambo; he doesn't use iron sights.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”