Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [WoS Mod] - July 5, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Average wrote:I'm not sure if the error is with Faspons or with Sunlust (it's still in beta). Map one plays fine. However, GZDoom (lastest SVN) freezes as soon as the player moves at the beginning of map two. The map does have new graphics but it is Boom compatible. Here's the link to the WAD if you're interested:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/6 ... -released/

:)
Not seeing the same issue you are. I am able to navigate to MAP02 and move around and play. Might want to grab the dump and crash log to see what might be causing the issue.
Average

Re: Faspons [WoS Mod] - July 6, 2015

Post by Average »

Where would the crash log be saved? :)
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Average wrote:Where would the crash log be saved? :)
Should be a window that pops up when GZDoom crashes that has report information in which you can just copy and paste in a text file.. If it crashes to the desktop however and there is no window, I am not 100% sure where a log would be saved.
Average

Post by Average »

Hmm, there's another problem then as the engine just hangs. There is no closing down. I have to open the task manager (I'm on Win 7) and close GZDoom there...
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Average wrote:Hmm, there's another problem then as the engine just hangs. There is no closing down. I have to open the task manager (I'm on Win 7) and close GZDoom there...
Can you post your file load order and also the exact version of GZDOOM? I was using GZDOOM pre-1159 (June 4th) for my test.
Skrell

Re: Faspons [WoS Mod] - July 7, 2015

Post by Skrell »

Please post video! :)
Average

Post by Average »

faslrn wrote:
Average wrote:Hmm, there's another problem then as the engine just hangs. There is no closing down. I have to open the task manager (I'm on Win 7) and close GZDoom there...
Can you post your file load order and also the exact version of GZDOOM? I was using GZDOOM pre-1159 (June 4th) for my test.
I'm using the same GZDoom build. I loaded the pwad first then Faspons through ZDL 3.1a. However, I tried it again later and all ran well enough. Today I tried again and the problem happened once more. I'm really not sure why it would freeze, then work, then freeze again. I'm going to try messing around with other iwads, pwads , HUDs and the like. I'll get back to you.

Regardless, I think you've struck a really nice balance here. :)
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Please post video! :)
Something I have planned :) Just need to set some time aside to make one!

Also, new updates with more bug fixes, Baron has the "tri" attack from BD (Hellknight does not), and Pinkies / Spectres will charge at you like a bull.

@Average

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that issue. If I do catch something that would cause a compatibility issue, I will tell you right away :)

Balance is 100% something I am focused on so it is nice to know others feel that the mod feels good.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

and there is no chance this will work with brutal doom right? Your weapons seem WAY more balanced!
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:and there is no chance this will work with brutal doom right? Your weapons seem WAY more balanced!
Unfortunately no due to how custom the BD weapons are. They have TONS of states that I would need to bring over and the coding is very messy at times. It would be a massive chore to get them compatible.

Plus most of the weapons contains jumps that are connected to option menu items so a lot of things would probably break :(
Average

Post by Average »

Skrell wrote:and there is no chance this will work with brutal doom right? Your weapons seem WAY more balanced!
You should try running it with Nashgore. It's a pretty satisfying alternative. :)
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Average wrote:
You should try running it with Nashgore. It's a pretty satisfying alternative. :)
Oooooo what is that??? Link please?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Average wrote:
Hm, I have an idea. Let me fiddle around with the "Ketchup" mod to get it working 100% with my mod. That way we can rule out any compatibly issues :D

[EDIT] Bam! In the dropbox folder, I uploaded a file called "Ketchup-Faspons.pk3". Load that AFTER Faspons.pk3 and everything should be compatible. It shouldn't overwrite the monsters and everything should be kept in tact, with the additional gibs and blood of course!
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Thank you faslrn!
faslrn

Re: Faspons (WoS Mod) [v1.00] - July 7, 2015

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:Thank you faslrn!
You're welcome :)

Another quick update for the night:
  • You can now disable the fancy weapon smoke effects to increase FPS and get rid of the uglyness in ZDOOM
  • Started the new versioning for the mod so it is easier to know if there was an update

Return to “Gameplay Mods”