Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
casani
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Post by casani »

hi, saw that your mod has a kind of iron man, would it be posible to make an ironman where you can only load when you die? and that maybe limits the times you save (maybe only autosaves)? i am not an active modder or anything, i just want to add ironman to another mod i am playing
thanks
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

casani wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm hi, saw that your mod has a kind of iron man, would it be posible to make an ironman where you can only load when you die? and that maybe limits the times you save (maybe only autosaves)? i am not an active modder or anything, i just want to add ironman to another mod i am playing
thanks
Unfortunately, it isn't possible. I've tried in the past to do exactly those things but the major limitation is that the Save/Load functionality is baked right into GZDoom and I have no control on what modders can do. Basically, the minute you press ESC to get into the menu and get to the Save or Load screen, you are bypassing what the mod can do. There may be some small things you can try to tweak like the max number of autosaves but outside of that, it is quite limited from what I remember.
casani

Post by casani »

hey, actually i just found one that kinda works, ofcourse is bypassable but seems to work fine
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ve-system/
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

casani wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:48 pm hey, actually i just found one that kinda works, ofcourse is bypassable but seems to work fine
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... ve-system/
Yep - I've seen this one before. However, it relies on completely modifying the main UI to hide the Save option and unbind the keys as needed. There has been thoughts about this in the past from the community whether we should allow mods to change the main (base) UI options screen. In general, I stayed away from doing this as I know there were changes when I was working on this mod continually and had to revamp the UI controls a few times.

To prevent a feature like this from breaking in future updates in GZDoom due to any consideration from the community, I decided I wouldn't go that far into those kinds of modifications.
casani

Post by casani »

absolutly makes sense, thank you for the guidance
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

faslrn wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:57 pm
AliciaPendragon wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:12 pm Do you know if this is compatible with skins that change the player model and the mugshot?

I have a player skin based off my pfp that I tend to use for more vanilla oriented stuff, so i was curious.
Should be compatible! I don't do anything fancy with the HUDs so as long as the mod replaces the current mugshots, I don't foresee any issues. However, if you do try using it and see anything odd, let me know and I can take a look into it.
Matt Eldrydge wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:00 am
faslrn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:48 pm Thanks for the playthrough! I appreciate people making videos whenever they can as it provides a nice way for me to see how people play. Glad you enjoyed it!
You're welcome, I'll definitely play some more maps with Faspons in the future now that I have a beefier machine! I recently released map that plays quite well with Faspons too, so I'll add that to the recommended mods list. :)
Excellent - I look forward to it!
So I tried using fastpons with my skin mod that replaces the player model and the mugshots with that of Sakuya Izayoi, and it didnt work. Is there any load order I need to do for this or
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

AliciaPendragon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:28 pm
AliciaPendragon wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:12 pm Do you know if this is compatible with skins that change the player model and the mugshot?

I have a player skin based off my pfp that I tend to use for more vanilla oriented stuff, so i was curious.
Should be compatible! I don't do anything fancy with the HUDs so as long as the mod replaces the current mugshots, I don't foresee any issues. However, if you do try using it and see anything odd, let me know and I can take a look into it.
Matt Eldrydge wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:00 am

You're welcome, I'll definitely play some more maps with Faspons in the future now that I have a beefier machine! I recently released map that plays quite well with Faspons too, so I'll add that to the recommended mods list. :)
So I tried using fastpons with my skin mod that replaces the player model and the mugshots with that of Sakuya Izayoi, and it didnt work. Is there any load order I need to do for this or
Can you DM me with your mod and I can take a look? Might be something real simple.
Denza

Post by Denza »

How to run this ?
Got these error

C:/Games/Brutal Doom v21/Faspons-release/:zscript/monsters/pinkie.txt, line 24: Unknown flag 'ONLYSLAMSOLID'

Execution could not continue.

1 errors, 0 warnings while compiling C:/Games/Brutal Doom v21/Faspons-release/:zscript.txt

[Installation] - was stealed by monkeys ?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Denza wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:47 pm How to run this ?
Got these error

C:/Games/Brutal Doom v21/Faspons-release/:zscript/monsters/pinkie.txt, line 24: Unknown flag 'ONLYSLAMSOLID'

Execution could not continue.

1 errors, 0 warnings while compiling C:/Games/Brutal Doom v21/Faspons-release/:zscript.txt

[Installation] - was stealed by monkeys ?
What GZDoom version are you using, your mod list, and load order?
AliciaPendragon
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by AliciaPendragon »

faslrn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:37 am
AliciaPendragon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:28 pm

Can you DM me with your mod and I can take a look? Might be something real simple.
Right, i... completely forgot about this. It slipped my mind. Admittibly the skin I was using was not yet done but now that it is, I'll send it in dms and see what you can do.

I just tried to send it and the forum told me the file was too big. Any way to fix this?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”