HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What skin should I use for a Thunderbuster sprite replacement?(REALM667 weapons)

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:21 pm

ElectroGun
8%
Freeze Rifle
17%
Nuclear Missile Launcher(Honestly, you can't tell it's a rpg..)
8%
Plasma Beam
33%
UAC Plasmatic Rifle
25%
Channeler
8%

Total votes: 12

wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Post by wildweasel »

Well, considering that using offsets mode will let you anchor things to the sides or corners instead of being absolutely tied to the top left corner of the 320x200 canvas (or whatever resolution you've chosen), that should help you consolidate information to the four screen quadrants or wherever.

With respect, Ultimate Doom Visor probably isn't the best thing to use as a base. Consider looking at something simpler and building on it, like one of my older HUD files: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 76#p327876
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I didn't so much use it as a base, as a reference point. Why? Because it was the thing that was closest to what I wanted to make. I've taken a look at your stuff, and unfortunately, it doesn't really get me any closer to figuring this out.

As much as I really, REALLY, REALLY, ABSOLUTELY DON'T WANT TO

I guess I will end up starting from scratch and being a giant nuisance on How Do I SBARINFO.....
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Just don't throw out your old code!

I was on the brink of giving up on HD altogether while trying to re-do the mantling code from scratch last month, only to go back after weeks of aggravation, take a really good serious look at the old code, and get pretty much what I wanted with a few changes... similar with the armour pickup overhaul I'm finally working on seriously now (which may or may not be in next week and does not require any HUD changes).
Silentdarkness12

Vaecrius wrote:Just don't throw out your old code!

I was on the brink of giving up on HD altogether while trying to re-do the mantling code from scratch last month, only to go back after weeks of aggravation, take a really good serious look at the old code, and get pretty much what I wanted with a few changes... similar with the armour pickup overhaul I'm finally working on seriously now (which may or may not be in next week and does not require any HUD changes).
I won't.

However, I am seriously at the end of my rope here. I've tried going back to it more than once. It's probably possible that I FUBAR'd this multi-thousand line chunk of SBARINFO.

What's sad is that, even if I do get it right, it'll still be just as long.

The reason why it's so gigantic is because I chose I wanted to have images drawn for each individual bullet in the clip, like certain old FPS's do.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

One possibility is to draw a graphic (well, two graphics) that's exactly the length of bullet * number in mag, showing all the bullets side by side, then make a bar from that.

I take it there's still no way to use #include to break this into even more manageable chunks?
Silentdarkness12

1. Your idea would work fine for the pistol, and maybe even the SMG, but how do I make that work with several bars' worth, like i'll need for the rifles? xD

2. You know, I tried that? It didn't work.
Matt

Post by Matt »

1. Make 'em really thin? (the bare ZM66 round is basically just a thin silver-blue block of powder with the bullet somewhere inside, under a red seal)

2. Sadness. I'd been hoping things might've changed since I last tried myself. (wanted to see if I could #include all that code that is reduplicated between normal and fullscreen)
Silentdarkness12

Vaecrius wrote:1. Make 'em really thin? (the bare ZM66 round is basically just a thin silver-blue block of powder with the bullet somewhere inside, under a red seal)

2. Sadness. I'd been hoping things might've changed since I last tried myself. (wanted to see if I could #include all that code that is reduplicated between normal and fullscreen)
1. You do know the idea is to not make it look ugly as balls, right? xD

2. Indeed. You're better off just lumping it all into a single SBARINFO.
spedos22

Post by spedos22 »

You very well, with weapons exeeding 30 rounds, could make it so there is a number next to the rounds, and have the rounds scroll by until it is under 30 rounds.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”