HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What skin should I use for a Thunderbuster sprite replacement?(REALM667 weapons)

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:21 pm

ElectroGun
8%
Freeze Rifle
17%
Nuclear Missile Launcher(Honestly, you can't tell it's a rpg..)
8%
Plasma Beam
33%
UAC Plasmatic Rifle
25%
Channeler
8%

Total votes: 12

Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor Addons by Silent_Darkness(June 13, 20

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Regardless, i'll have to make do to fix it in this update!

V2 Beta of the Hideous Destructor Monster Pack has been released!

Changelog:

-Fixed clipping issues regarding Brimstone Imps
-Fixed a GLDEFS error
-Added the Split Soul and the Ghastly!

EDIT: I guess it's bug-free then, if nobody is even responding....
Silentdarkness12

Re: Hideous Destructor Addons by Silent_Darkness(June 13, 20

I AM BACK WITH A SURPRISE!

I've added DarkHud, a custom Hideous Destructor HUD (1440x900) of my own design to the OP, which you can get a direct link to here.

-Added more proper bar-based ammo indicators
-Replaced the usual health mug with an ECG
-Added a bleeding indicator
-You no longer need to hold E to see your inventory. It's all displayed at all times, ammo included.
-Added binds to quickly use critical items
-Class Identifications
-Moar

EDIT: A friend of mine is having problems with this tho because he likes the 1920x1080 resolution. I don't have a monitor that large, so if someone could help me out by modifying this HUD for that resolution, I would really appreciate it : P

EDIT 2: Am I just not getting feedback? Or is this thread being ignored?....don't be afraid to speak up if anything interesting happened : D
Raziel236

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Last Updated June 26, 2015)

Post by Raziel236 »

That HUD is pretty awful.. all messy looking and too much going on.. will talk about it on skype..
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Ok, so it looks fine on the bottom half, but the hud looks really awful at the top and on the left, for instance on the top the hud shapes slant, but the black space in the middle is just some random square lump like a broken image on paint. if the space matched the contours of the hud frame better, it would be better. also all the weapons together might look fine, if they were all uniform, ie lined up with each other, them being all higgledy-piggledy looks awful, same goes for the left edge, some medkits are sortof in one column, and the other medkits icon is in another, why? everything's a mash. it would also help if all the weapons were organised into order of class/number bindings, and all ammo groups grouped together, with health items in their own group.
Silentdarkness12

-Yeah, I needed more room for all the weapons, and GIMP started giving me crap. I'll probably have to remake this at some point.
-They CAN'T be uniform, Razi. They're different sprites of different sizes. Especially the BFG9K. This is merely a somewhat cleaner version of the weapon inventory in HD's default HUD, the only difference is that normally, they're all overlaid all over each other, overlapping in an ugly manner.
-A shortfall of planning caused me to not have enough room up top to count all the various ammo types. So I had to try to squeeze it in on the inventory bar on the left. Indicators for all those inventory items is intentional, however.

I will probably have to remake it at some point, but I think I would need help from the art-asset side of things. This was really just kinda cobbled together over the course of a week or so.
Silentdarkness12

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Last Updated July 3, 2015)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gwfgg ... Skulls.wadNew addon! At this rate, I might need to make an addon pack for all these lil miscellaneous items.

This mutator will allow the HD lost souls to kill themselves in order to revive enemies, and restores the old behavior for Pain Elementals, allowing them to basically be explosive, killable archviles.
Silentdarkness12

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Last Updated July 3, 2015)

Updated!

I added two more addons, a LOCKDEFS replacer and an addon that lets you extinguish yourself with the blue potions.

Also, Asbestos is discontinued. I was being dumb and @Lava Grunt stumbled upon a better method.

I also combined all the downloads into a singular Mediafire folder for you to download from. If you want all the addons in one easy to use pk3(except for Asbestos), just download the combo pack in the OP.

EDIT: I'm dumb! I forgot to upload the blue potion extinguisher wad seperately! Done.
Silentdarkness12

Re: HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated July 5, 2015)

Update!

I've added an addon that replaces the sniper rifle sprites with an actual sniper rifle. Combo pack is also updated.

EDIT: Planning to make sprite replacers for the pistol, rocket launcher and thunderbuster. I am having trouble deciding what to do for the Thunderbuster. I'll slap up a poll.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Eeeew. I hate to be harsh, but there's a REASON the guns in default HD are all centered, and that's in order to keep consistency with the original aesthetic and design of vanilla DooM.

That much said, I have found something similar-ish to the R667 rifle, but centered: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?ui ... 84&start=0
Silentdarkness12

.....Shiiiiit.

Thanks, @Big C. This looks MUCH better than what I was able to find on Realm667. I'll probably put these in, in just a sec.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Also, do you have links to the proposed T-Buster replacements? I'm not very familiar with R667 so I have no idea what any of these look like.
Silentdarkness12

Well, these things don't really have individual pages, rather they're in a big directory. Realm667, Armory<Doom Styled. Alphabetical order.

http://realm667.com/index.php/en/armory ... -158-94349

EDIT: The sniper rifle sprite replacer has been updated! Thank you to Big C for pointing out the far better looking sprites that were made by GhostKillahZero. Same for the combo pack.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Welcome! Also, I voted for the Plasma Beam for the T-Buster replacement. Looks enough like the vanilla plasma rifle---not to mention ergonomic---to be recognizable, but at the same time looks a little cooler.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Nota bene: I think you may want to tinker around with whatever's responsible for the HUD sprites because the sniper rifle's HUD sprite is both absurdly big and kind of off-center from where the HUD sprites usually are.

As it is, the sniper rifle pickup sprite is even bigger and longer than the BFG, and instead of nicely hovering over the ammo readout it floats right in front of it.

The actual gun itself is nice---actually helps with aiming.
Silentdarkness12

As for the size, I suppose I may have to shrink the sprites down. I will look into the offset, but I think it was alright when I tested it. Also, sorry, I always use my custom HD hud when testing xD

EDIT: The problem with the default HD hud here is that the image of the weapon got resized in SBARINFO. I would have to redefine the SBARINFO for this, which is going to be a giganticus pain in the rear to get right. Until I can, stick with the DarkHud.

I will shrink down the sprites a tiny bit, and adjust the offsets to more match the standard UAC rifles.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”