HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11d (17 Sep 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R10 (7 Jul 2022)

Post by Valherran »

Still no option to assign pickups to a hotkey?
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R10 (7 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Valherran wrote:Still no option to assign pickups to a hotkey?
Not natively at the moment, sorry... However, maybe the following addon/mod could be helpful for the function you are asking for (not tested it yet):

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61369
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11 (22 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys! It's really a hot weather out there, huh? Phew... :blergh:

I'm announcing that Revision 11 of the mod is up and ready to download. This one is a quite important update which brings some significant improvements and fixes some critical, unexpected issues on previous R10. (Yeah, maybe it could have just been called Revision 10a, but due to some major introduced changes I've preferred to call it R11...)

So without further ado, here is the list of changes for this update:
  • - A couple of new weapons have been incorporated into HXRTC Marine's arsenal, one of which replaces another that had been part of the game for a long time. Keep reading on for more details:
    • - Fist-0: called 'Fisto' by some people, or 'Fist-zero' by others (although its official name is the latter) this curious device was created with the aim to give the Space Marines a perminent powerful melee weapon in some rare cases they run out of ammo. This heavy beast packs a serious punch as primary firemode which can knock back some foes when get close to you. It also includes a boost thruster, which allows the wearer to speed forward away for crossing gaps and hittting enemies multiple times, although this mode deals significantly less damage. With careful timing, the primary fire could even punch away some heavy projectiles! Furthermore, don't forget that the effectiveness of this melee weapon will be drastically increased if you get a Berserk Pack or similar. Get one and have punchin' fun! :twisted:

- Omega Blaster: a new handy and lightweight plasma handgun which from this moment takes the place of the old prototype known as Proto Blaster. With a slightly faster rate of fire and practically the same power attack as its predecessor, among other advantages, it can be perfectly accompanied by another replica, and thus be fired in dual mode. Also, like the previous model, it does not need to be manually recharged at any time, which makes it really useful in those intense battles with large hordes of enemies. And besides, the Trade Shop Droids won't make you drop more money for each Omega Blaster you buy, since the price remains the same! ;)
    - Unfortunately not everything is good news, because the despicable retinue of Archviles from the deepest parts of Hell have managed to summon one of their most powerful stone warriors: the Gravel Gravemaker! Although it is roughly the same size as a common Imp and has the appearance of a bipedal lizard, this relentless beast wields a cannon in its claws that rapidly fires dangerous petrifying projectiles. It is said that a single one of these rock-hard specimens is capable of smiting a Cyberdemon in just under half a minute, so just realize yourself how brutal it can be. So then, do NOT take this enemy lightly in any case and prepare your best icy or plasma weapons to confront this ferocious vermin, if you are unlucky enough to meet one on your journey...

- Replaced and improved some specific particle sprites, specially those coming from broken light lamps or some big plasma projectiles when hitting surfaces (or enemies).

- Fixed a couple of accidentally missing sound effects (caused by some past updates that I don't remember right now, so sorry about it).

- Fixed a problem related with recently introduced Bronze Tickets, that were not correctly spawned under certain expected circumstances (sorry again). :oops:

- Updated the Help Screen which is now somewhat more organized and less cluttered, having replaced the old Tips & Tricks section with a new basic Graphic Chart about the effectiveness of elemental attacks (a la Pokemon guide style).

- Updated the HUD for compatibility with the new featured weapons.

- Minor bugfixes and optimizations.
I recommend you get your updates ASAP, before the Moddb servers get crashed due to this tremendous hot weather... :stuppor:

See you soon mates, and don't forget to hydrate yourselves conveniently. Cheerio and have fun, everyone! (_)3
James Flasch

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11 (22 Jul 2022)

Post by James Flasch »

You might have Golden Edition Plus R12 coming out soon! The game crashes back to desktop a few seconds after you approach the Special Combat Unit and get it to talk. I had NORENEGADE AMBUSH, NOSMOKESFX, FOOTSTEPS and JPHUDHEALTHBAR pk3s active. and was using doom_complete as my IWAD. Log in spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11a (24 Jul 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

James Flasch wrote:You might have Golden Edition Plus R12 coming out soon! The game crashes back to desktop a few seconds after you approach the Special Combat Unit and get it to talk. I had NORENEGADE AMBUSH, NOSMOKESFX, FOOTSTEPS and JPHUDHEALTHBAR pk3s active. and was using doom_complete as my IWAD. Log in spoiler below.
Spoiler:
Thanks a lot for the error reporting! I have uploaded a hotfix some instants ago (R11a) which fixes that critical crash-to-desktop issue. :thumb:

Seems that something was wrong in the Special Combat Unit lump, so I have reverted the made changes to a previous state and now it works as expected. (Also, I've taken the chance to fix some missing dynamic lights I forgot as well...)

I strongly recommend everyone to get R11a as soon as possible, and sorry for the inconvenience... :oops:

Hope you keep having fun as usual! 8-)
Ribo Zurai

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11a (24 Jul 2022)

Post by Ribo Zurai »

There's one of the archviles, a gray one, with an absolutely ear deafening hissing attack. I'm playing it on 20% volume and it's still too loud.
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11b (1 Aug 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ribo Zurai wrote:There's one of the archviles, a gray one, with an absolutely ear deafening hissing attack. I'm playing it on 20% volume and it's still too loud.
Hmm, seems you're right. I forgot to update the SNDINFO lump with more suitable parameters for this new monster...

It will be fixed on next release. Thanks for reporting! :wink:

EDIT: Revision 11b uploaded and ready to download. Yup, it has come late a couple of days due to some small problems with my internet connection, but at least it has been possible to update the mod file... :shucks:
James Flasch

Post by James Flasch »

Another little problem: In Doom II MAP07 (Dead Simple), the doors to the outer ring opened BEFORE all the Mancubus-type enemies were dead, and the ring around the exit raised TWICE - one after the death of the last mancubus-type enemy and once AGAIN after the death of the last arachnotron-type enemy forcing me to cheat to reach the exit. Perhaps Revision 11c is in order?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

James Flasch wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:16 pm Another little problem: In Doom II MAP07 (Dead Simple), the doors to the outer ring opened BEFORE all the Mancubus-type enemies were dead, and the ring around the exit raised TWICE - one after the death of the last mancubus-type enemy and once AGAIN after the death of the last arachnotron-type enemy forcing me to cheat to reach the exit. Perhaps Revision 11c is in order?
Quite weird... I have tested the map several times, but I've not been able to reproduce the problem at all. :?

It sounds more like a GZDoom rare internal bug, possibly related with the RandomSpawner feature...

Anyone else has experienced the same issue?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11c (3 Sep 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello guys, announcing that Revision 11c of the mod has been uploaded and it's ready to download.

This update includes a new weapon for the HXRTC Marine's arsenal: the Thunder Striker, which stands as a nice alternative to the already known Electro Fusil by its faster and quite harmful electric attacks, which consist of firing one or more lightning strikes (depending on whether you use primary or secondary fire) that instantly hit your enemies with a small explosive area of effect. However, because it is a more powerful weapon, it also has the disadvantage of consuming more Energy Cells with each shot, so make sure you have enough ammo reserves before you start throwing storm lightnings like a crazy Zeus! :P

At same time, this version prevents all your combat allies from being able to finish off the 'brain' of the Icon of Sin by their own means, in case it is exposed or easily accessible in some megawads. (After all, that's the main task for the player, since your allies are the ones who must be in charge of clearing the battlefield of the monsters spawned by the Boss Brain (alias Oremor Nohj).

That's all for now, see you and keep having fun with the mod! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R11d (17 Sep 2022)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi again guys, how is it going? Time now for a new update of the mod... Revision 11d brings -among some pertinent bugfixes- a few new opponents to fight that I didn't have finished on time on previous release, but finally they're ready to make your doomish adventures a bit more interesting... :twisted:

Here you can read the changelog for this version:
  • - As said before, the bestiary has grown with some new enemies which are eager to make mincemeat of you. Here is their detailed description:
    • - Electro-Imp: one more variant of the standard Imp, to which a kind of mechanical arm has been attached and with which it's capable of releasing severe electric shocks both at short and long range. It's as if it were a walking Tesla Coil, so it would be better to finish it quickly.

- Acid Maggot: a repulsive, little poisonous larva which moves fairly quickly despite its small size. Although it cannot attack from a distance, it's able of biting you with its mandible and can cause an infectious wound.

- Acid Spectre: same as above, but in ghostly appearance... And for this reason it could be more difficult to detect, especially in fairly dark places.

- Giant Blowfly: the 'adult' form of the Acid Maggots/Spectres belongs to a breed of demons original to the 'Rotten Warrens' area of Hell. This disgusting creature attacks by vomiting toxic puke to its prey at any range, and it also can give birth on mid-battle to several Acid Maggots via asexual reproduction. (It is said that a single specimen can produce to up to 50+ larvas in less than an hour... Yuck!!!) :puke:

- Hargrievous: an ugly and corpulent beast -resembling some kind of hairless bear- that despite its large size can move at a considerable speed. This strong monster usually hunts its victims by launching several fireballs from its mouth, and once the prey is dead and burnt, it proceeds to eat it (apparently he prefers roast meat instead of raw, unlike other hellish demons). Needless to say, avoid at all costs becoming its dessert, right? :shucks:

- Arachno-Vile: yet another diabolic fusion by courtesy of those crazy UAC scientists... When will these guys stop playing with the forces of evil? As its name says, half Arachnotron, half Archvile, this grinding nightmare brings together the worst of each specimen in one. So if you happen to run into one of them, don't hesitate and use your best weapons, or this thing will quickly fry you like a chicken in a microwave.
    - Although it is not a new monster per se, the black Mini-Gremlin can be spawned out from now like another enemy in any map levels (previously it only appeared from Mistery Chests with a bad prize inside).

- Fixed a problem with the Arachno-Cacodemon monster, which due to a small code error might not trigger the A_BossDeath function in some random circumstances.

- Updated the Wrench weapon pickup sprite with a bit more realistic one, so no longer looks like a cartoon. (This change also affects the HUD, obviously). :wink:

- Minor bugfixes and code optimizations.

That's all for the moment, I hope you keep enjoying with the mod... Cheerio and have fun, everyone! 8-)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

What happened to the HXRTC options? Also, there's no need for a "Fast Kick Action" key if Zoom is already quick-kick.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

AvzinElkein wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 amWhat happened to the HXRTC options?
What do you exactly mean? As far as I know, the HXRTC options are where they've always been, in the GZDoom's Customize Controls menu section... :?:
AvzinElkein wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 amAlso, there's no need for a "Fast Kick Action" key if Zoom is already quick-kick.
Maybe it is, but not all users who try the mod for the first time have to know it beforehand... Don't you think so?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume there's no way to get items from the SSG pool in Doom 1.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

AvzinElkein wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:48 pmI assume there's no way to get items from the SSG pool in Doom 1.
In fact, there are some alternative ways to obtain SSG derivated weapons in D1. You can still get them from certain zombie enemies, or also buying them from Trade Shop Droids, even through some big Mistery Boxes. Might you need a bit of luck to achieve any of them, but it is perfectly possible. :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”