Happy New Year my Doom mates, how is it going? Hope all of you be fine, so cheers for everyone!
As a small present, I bring you a new update of the H-Project mod which keeps growing little by little with no pause! Yep, I've been quite inspired these last weeks, so taking advantage of it is the best thing to do, don't you think so?
Well then, now let's get to the point so you can check the most recent features in this release, through the usual changelog of course. Voilà, here it is:
- - Available a new weapon that is added to your already huge arsenal: the Venom Hand Mortar! This compact cannon may appear to be a bit small to be called 'mortar', but don't underestimate its size because this toy might become very powerful -and fearful- specially against small or medium enemy groups. Just pull the trigger and a large ball of poisonous gas is shot through the cannon's mouth which, upon impact on the target, is immediately liquefied and then several acid drops are released within a limited radius, splashing and damaging all those foes around them. Use the weapon's primary fire to release a single poison gas ball, or the secondary fire to shoot a consecutive burst of three gas balls. Don't forget that you'll need to pick up Venom Jars or Venom Bottles to fill it up and envenom any hellspawn you see around (except those nasty poison-based enemies, keep in mind).
- A couple of new enemies have come to pester you in your doomish adventures (as if there weren't enough obstacles already, right?) and oddly both belong to the imp class, although they do not bear much resemblance to each other, as you will see later:
- Included some new bullet puff graphic sprites, so the visible existing ones may vary depending on the surface on which they are generated (for example, shooting your Beretta(s) at walls/floors or to a non-blooding enemy).
- + Impette: you guessed it, a female imp... But don't think for a moment that being a female monster is going to be softer with you than her male relatives; in fact, she's a lot more malicious than them. And although she isn't able to spit fireballs like most male imps, instead has the ability to throw her own body spikes at you. And they are sharp like knives! So then, forget trying to flirt with her and kill ASAP this sexy(?) beast, or maybe you'll regret it.
+ Flea Imp: here it comes, finally it arrived ladies and gentlemen, a loud applause for...! Whoa wait, this is not a circus, although it seems to come from there... This midget monster may seem funny and harmless, but don't be fooled in any way! As its name implies, it is able to jump as high as a flea; and adding to that a quite fast running speed, you may be have trouble aiming and shooting at such a small target. (Perhaps the best moment is when it is about to attack you with its greenish mini-fireballs).
- Added the Cacodemon Doll and the CyberDemon Doll as exclusive special prizes to collect from the Big Mistery Boxes.
- Fixed unwanted behaviour: your friendly helpers like the Special Combat Droid, the Hunting Dog and the Ghostly Black Gem won't keep attacking blindly to a dormant/inactive Sentinel Mushroom, in case they meet it on their way.
- Other minor bugfixes and flaw corrections.
Download and get your updated mod copies at the bottom of first post, as being usual...
Hope you keep having lots of fun! Cheerio everyone, and again I wish you a Happy New Year!