Hello there doomguys!
A quite long time has passed since last release of my H-Project, right? Well, among other things, let's say there have been lately several significant changes on my real life, and some of them have not been exactly too nice... Specially the 2nd half of the past 2018, what I consider one of the worst years of my entire life. Spoken in latin words, a real annus horribilis
. A terrible year in which I suffered a serious traffic accident while I was crossing a road with my mountain bike, and consequently being hospitalized due to my wounds and my broken shoulder... A really terrible year in which I lost my dear dad, after years of painful illness and previously having take care of him the best way we could do... Fucking 2018 year. Damn it infinite times. Damn, damn...
But still life goes on, and whether you want to or not, sooner or later you have to face and try to overcome most of the adversities of life. Although it costs a lot...
Well, it is not my intention for now to make you sad talking about my own experiences my dear friends, so let's change the topic and talk about what I have been doing these last weeks. So yes, you're right, I have been working until now in a new update for my good old veteran mod called HXRTC Project in its current Golden Edition. Apart from a plentiful number of new features, I might consider somehow this release as an 'Anniversary Edition' because the last mod update was published about a year ago (plus a few days) and after that time, somehow I am quite satisfied with the current result, although there may be still some things to fix and improve as it could be expected. What I mean, this is still not the end of the road, so you might expect possible new updates in a not too distant future...
Now, here you have the recent list of changes implemented in this mod update release:
- - A whole new horde of enemies have made their appearance for trying to make mincemeat from you at all costs, so be prepared to face these ones and make them bite the dust before they fulfill their maleficent plans. Here is a brief description of all these new evil hellspawns:
- A new weapon is available for your arsenal: the Uzi! This handy semi-automatic submachine has the main advantage of firing several bursts at a very fast trigger speed with medium-low accuracy, although it doesn't reach the firepower of more advanced weapons such as rifles or machine guns. But unlike the MP40 and like the Light Machinegun, it does not need being recharged at regular intervals thanks to its auto-feeding cartridge belt. Also, this weapon uses the same basic ammunition as the Berettas and the MP40, so the circumstances in which you run out of ammo should be quite rare.
- + Rapid Fire Trooper: he may appear as a standard zombie, but in fact he is a bit slippery; also is able to dodge your shots and counterattack quite quickly, so keep your eyes fixed and finish him as soon as possible.
+ Extreme Shotgunner: this one is now the highest ranked shotgun shooter ever known, and also the most dangerous of all! This evil guy is equipped with a Laser Musket, so he might provoke lots of damage in a few seconds. Destroy him quickly and his weapon could be yours if you have enough luck.
+ Electro Fusilier: as you may have guessed, this zombie dude is heavily armed with an Electro Fusil to attack his opponents and stun them briefly with a powerful discharge; so you know what to do if you see one of these. Do not forget that if you're lucky, you might steal him his fearful weapon!
+ Vulcanus Viper: this new infernal being resembles an anthropomorphic snake equipped with a fireball thrower weapon, and for sure it will not hesitate using it to burn all its foes at any range. You have been warned...
+ Gross Gooey: yuck, a sticky, smelly and really repulsive greenish monster with a very bad breath; and also quite hard to kill due to its high resistance to almost every enemy attack. And for making things worse, it can belch some stinky-seeking souls from its huge mouth. It's highly recommended to use your most powerful available weapons if you really want to defeat these noisome beasts!
+ Gross Spectre: the spectral form of the above one, but just as dangerous (or even more) than it. Don't forget, weaker weapons hardly tickle its viscous skin. You'll agree with me that these fetid bullet-sponges are better dead than alive, so make them say bye-bye to this world as fast you can.
+ Tentacombust: another quite gross beast, although with a somehow more technological aspect. This badass octopus-like thing is equipped with a couple of shoulder cannons that shoot powerful fire bolts at any range, at any time. And if it loses all its vitality, it will quickly enter a state of self-destruction and explode causing considerable damage around. Pretty nice tenta-tactics, huh?
+ Tentachemical: uh-oh, here it comes Tentacombust's older brother! And yeah, it's bigger, faster and harder as you can imagine. The main difference is that the Tentachemical has adopted a poisonous nature and is able to shoot dangerous toxic bolts, instead of fire ones. So don't even try to confront it with your venom-based weapons; they'll be completely useless!
+ Leader Imp: finally you have found them; the bigger ones, the evilish elite Imps from the deepest corners of Hell! And unlike their younger siblings, they are a lot more powerful and aggresive than them (even more than standard Hellknights). Additionally, they are protected by a force field formed by some spinning fireballs around them, which can reflect certain projectile types. So better stay aware!
+ Master Black Imp: yeah yes, you're completely right; this is the Black Imp's evolved form. And yes, it's much more powerful, much more resistant, much more menacing, much more blah-blah-blah... The good thing is that you'll recognize immediately when you see it. The bad thing is that... well, everything I've described above. Want some additional tips? OK, then here it goes the most important one: DO NOT underestimate it in any way!
+ Aerial Imp: oh man, are you serious? A flying Imp just right now? Yeah, that's it, neither more nor less. At least it is not as powerful like the two aforementioned big-bossy Imps, but it still can become a real nuisance, almost as much as those stupid fat Cacodemons. These hellish vultures normally prefer to attack at long range staying out of your reach, so aim carefully and shoot them down like an anti-aircraft gun blows up an enemy chopper.
+ Shiverer: this floating gelid soul is in fact a quite close relative of the already known Terrifier, but instead of attacking with fire balls, it will spit you icy bolts at high speed. And it will charge at you with greater fury than its cousin, too...
+ Nitro Brain: a-ha, we keep talking about monster relatives. This new mutation that has been originated from the uncommon Slime Brain (despite having lost the poisonous nature of the aforementioned one) has gained now a natural resistance to various elements such as fire, ice, lightning, stone and poison. So you'll like to know that it is a better idea to use non-elementary attacks against this brain-shaped spawn. No need to thank me for the info!
+ Energy Skeleton: a rather interesting one; this walking pile of bones is somewhat a processed deformation and a subsequent constitution of all negative forces, plus each and every one of the bad feelings coming from the human beings of planet Earth. This might sound strange, but this monster is actually a product of sorrow, fear, anger, solitude, pain, hatred, envy and suffering all concentrated in a skeletal form, being able to use all these materialized negativities to put an end to its opponents in a cruel and ruthless way. Frightening, isn't it?
+ Big Mecha-Demon: starting now to talk about heavy artillery, and this huge cybernetic beast is really worth mentioning. In fact, it's known as one more failed experiment from hands of the UAC crazy scientists; a desperate attempt to make an improved, mixed and larger version from the standard Mecha-Demons and Mecha-Spectres. But due to their inner DNA unstability and some unfortunate last-minute calculation errors, a bunch of these experimental specimens were released too soon, so they caused severe damage in the observation labs and also in various parts of the UAC main base. Better to pray for not meeting one of these fierce tanking monstrosities!
+ Bionic Arachnoid: here it goes another failed experiment released by the UAC's twisted minds, although this time they got halfway their purpose: creating a custom (and fearful) mechanical spider with a much higher IQ in all aspects and even greater firepower than the known Arachnotrons. Having been endowed with a 360º vision, this walking brainbeast can't be caught by surprise at any time and will counterattack immediately with a great burst of large plasma shots.
+ Bony Brainwasher: holy crap, what an enemy aberration! This ugly Cyclops-like walking nightmare attacks passively using its entire body to release multiple psycho-beams that home directly to its chosen victim. With this ability, it is able to blow up the head of any opponent that is put in front of it. A really terrible adversary, without a doubt.
+ Undead Mercenary (Big Boss): also known by some people as the 'Revenant King' or the 'Revenant Emperor'. It is taller, more resistant and much more powerful than the well-known walking bonebags. DO NOT EVER underestimate this really strong enemy, since it is capable of reducing to ashes a Baron of Hell in a very short time, or even a Cyberdemon! Furthermore, this big and cruel skeleton is an inveterate head collector; and surprisingly, it has been smart enough to learn a mystical tactic that consists of creating a defense shield from the magically processed skulls of his defeated foes. So be prepared if you face one of these: it will be a quite difficult battle for sure!
+ Railshatterer (Big Boss): oh fuck, another close relative of the Spider Mastermind is coming on the way. And this one has taken things pretty seriously, so it won't let you run out alive as soon as you get face to face with it. The main attack technique is, as its name suggests, is the use of railgun-based weapons. And you can be sure that this giant brainy spider knows very well how to use them, both in short, medium and/or long range. So try at all costs to dodge most of its railshots, because they can do a lot of damage in a very short time. So I wish you good luck, you'll need it!
+ Giga Devil (Special Big Boss): what... the... heck... is... THIS?! Is it a new envoy from the depths of hell, perhaps? The response is... a big YES. As big as this thumping thing itself. And did you though fighting versus the Icon Of Sin was a hard battle? Nonsense, pure nonsense! Take it seriously and stay alert, if the time arrives to confront this floating devilish hellspawn (and inflated with steroids, I could say) you will know what is really a formidable opponent. It is unknown how many types of fiery attacks can release this underworld gigabeast, and perhaps it would be better not to know it. Nobody ever has been able to even survive to this enormous evil thing, so if you manage to defeat it in some way (if that is really possible) you could be really proud of yourself for achieving such a feat!
- Another new pickup item is obtainable from now: the Defense Boost Elixir. A round and shiny flask filled with a strange pink liquid with very positive properties; as soon as you get one, your current Armour level will be immediately increased with a random value between 50 and 100 Armour Points. If the player is not equipped with any armour, the pickup effect is the same, but he will only receive a 20% of damage protection. (So then, it's recommended to pick it up after you get any of the strongest armours available on current map location).
- From now, the Renegade Marines (both the ones established on the map level and the ones teleported randomly) are equipped with an advanced motion detector in their helmets, so it won't be possible anymore to take them by surprise attacking from behind. Yeah, these guys are as smart as they're hateful, right?
- Stablished a small change for the Icicle Tyrant enemy: one of its more lethal attacks has been nerfed (the multiple icy arrow launching was outrageously hurtful for the player, so those projectiles have been replaced by others with a more moderate damage level).
- The Light Machinegun's secondary fire now shoots a burst of four bullets, instead of three. So it will be quite more harmful and useful from now on!
- Changed some enemy nametags: the Blood Demon and Blood Spectre are now known as Mecha-Demon and Mecha-Spectre respectively. The previous Hades Alpha and Hades Omega tags have been slighty changed to Alpha Hades and Omega Hades also in a respective way (this was due to a minor but erroneous English-Spanish translation issue).
- Tweaked some of the Quit Game Messages for removing certain types of real trademarks. (Copyright = Crappyright)
- Updated the mod's internal HUD for compatibility with the new Uzi weapon.
- Fixed a few minor bugs, plus some code tweaks and optimizations.
More or less that's all, sorry if I left something important without mentioning... Download links are available at first post as usual.
I wish you enjoy this new release, please have fun everyone! And of course, have a nice Doomsday my friends!