[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZikShadow

Re: [Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

Post by ZikShadow »

I initially thought that seeing as how Kriegspfad's already using them, it might not be as cool to just nick resources like that. But then I remember Ninlhil originally making the sprites for BoA. I'm not sure myself.
If there's gonna be a sprite overhaul, I do wish that people would ditch the Doomguy hands for BoA's weapons. It just doesn't feel right with BJ. For my own Personal Addon, I used a modified Blood hand sheet from Skelegant along with a reskinned Day of Defeat sleeve by Splinter.

Yhe100

Post by Yhe100 »

Hello, in the Operation Eisenmanm mission, there is a 25 min time limit. Is there a cheat code I can use to disable the timer so that I can play the level normally? Thanks!
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

Yhe100 wrote:Hello, in the Operation Eisenmanm mission, there is a 25 min time limit. Is there a cheat code I can use to disable the timer so that I can play the level normally? Thanks!
You can try to use noclip to skip the trigger line (which starts the dialog with Douglas and the countdown timer) before the base door.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Yhe100 wrote:Hello, in the Operation Eisenmanm mission, there is a 25 min time limit. Is there a cheat code I can use to disable the timer so that I can play the level normally? Thanks!
Once the timer countdown script kicks off, enter special acs_terminate 122 0 in the console. This stops the countdown script (it will disappear after a few seconds), which is also the script that triggers the gas flooding.
Andretti

Post by Andretti »

The volcano in C2M6 looks bugged out. It is way too close. Last time I played BOA was in version 3.0. Back then it looked normal. I'm using Vulkan right now, otherwise almost every model looks broken. Switching to OpenGL does not fix the volcano. I also used Vulkan in 3.0.

https://ibb.co/LYq7Wj0
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Andretti wrote:The volcano in C2M6 looks bugged out. It is way too close. Last time I played BOA was in version 3.0. Back then it looked normal. I'm using Vulkan right now, otherwise almost every model looks broken. Switching to OpenGL does not fix the volcano. I also used Vulkan in 3.0.

Thanks but that's an old issue already addressed and solved for 3.2 release, when it will happen.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

I played with gzdoom 4.8.2.
I found bugs when the mission has stealth indicator. When I crouch, The actor (or something) become taller. Go to chasecam mode, the camera goes up. The effect is I can't go somewhere or passed through with door height while crouching. If you go to somewhere with low ceiling (player height) and crouch, you will stuck.
I try it again with BoA original launcher, the bug didn't happened. It may caused by the version of gzdoom.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Netheritor wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 pm I played with gzdoom 4.8.2.
I found bugs when the mission has stealth indicator. When I crouch, The actor (or something) become taller. Go to chasecam mode, the camera goes up. The effect is I can't go somewhere or passed through with door height while crouching. If you go to somewhere with low ceiling (player height) and crouch, you will stuck.
I try it again with BoA original launcher, the bug didn't happened. It may caused by the version of gzdoom.
Thanks to let us know Netheritor, and pardon the very late reply but we are all busy people. Anyway, BoA is meant to be played with bundled version of GZDoom only, one day we will release 3.2 and such version will have a stable different one of GZDoom obviously.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

soooo.....has the performance been fixed? lag reduced? i was near the end of 3.0 but stopped because it just became so unplayable.
Andretti

Post by Andretti »

Ozymandias81 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:00 am
Andretti wrote:The volcano in C2M6 looks bugged out. It is way too close. Last time I played BOA was in version 3.0. Back then it looked normal. I'm using Vulkan right now, otherwise almost every model looks broken. Switching to OpenGL does not fix the volcano. I also used Vulkan in 3.0.

Thanks but that's an old issue already addressed and solved for 3.2 release, when it will happen.
Any ETA on 3.2? It's been quite a while.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

We are still frequently working on it from time to time
Bigbad75
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Bigbad75 »

Hey torm, long time fan of your work here. I'm glad your still doing okay.

I've been playing through the 3.1 edition of Blade of Agony for old time's sake and I ran into a game breaking bug while using the Score addon that's packaged with the game.
When killing either a shark or scorpion with the Score addon enabled, The game throws an error in my face and kicks me back to the title screen.

The error messages read as follows

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from Flatnumber.postBeginPlay at boa.ipk3:scripts/actors/gatekeeper.zs, line 880

Here is a clip of the glitch occurring https://medal.tv/games/requested/clips/ ... jgzNjM5NSw
Bigbad75
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Bigbad75 »

I found another game breaking bug. When going through certain level transition's the game will crash. It happens when entering James Ryan's flashback mission and when entering the second part of C3M5.

Both times it gave me this error which reads as follows.

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero.
Called from Inventory.Touch at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/inventory/inventory.zs
Called from EfficiantAmmo.Deactivate at efficiency/pk3:scripts/items.zs, line 61

Footage of the bug: https://medal.tv/games/requested/clips/ ... jgzNjM5NSw

I think it might be the efficient ammo addon causing this bug because the error message mentions it.
The only addon that I haven't had any issues with is the more weapons addon, It seems this update was rushed out the door to meet demands which is a shame.
I hope this can all get fixed for Version 3.2
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can you be so kind and share the issues on our GitHub issues page?
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey Tormentor667, would you still like me to help you guys with BoA? I didn't realize you guys were doing more to fix it up. Let me know if you need any help :)

-Alando1

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”