(wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to Work

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to Work

Postby Opostomias » Thu May 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Hello all,

I'm just getting into Ashes (E1M8 at the moment) and loving it! However, I'm seeing a visual bug that I couldn't find any mention of in the thread so far.
The main issue is that non-interactive sprites like swivel chairs, plants, etc. flash between pink and blue filters. This seems like the kind of thing that is probably a known issue with an easy fix in GZDoom's settings, but I haven't found one. I'm running the latest GZDoom (4.3.3.0), and am using hardware acceleration.
A second thing I was wondering about was if there were supposed to be cracks on the wall in the police station (E1M5, I think) that you need to destroy with the gas canisters toward the end of the level. I didn't see any, and it took my poor Brutal Doom-addled brain a shameful amount of time to figure out that I had to blow up that wall. I easily figured out the wall demolishing secret in the first level because of the cracks, so I thought that maybe this was a case of that crack texture not showing up.
Thanks to anyone who would like to help.

Finally to Vostyok, thanks for your work! Just a couple hours in and this is already rivaling the best games I've played in departments of atmosphere and tone. Satisfying, thoughtfully designed weapons, and great writing too, I loved the keypad and terminals in Whitewatch.
P.S. I was going to PM you with an offer to help, but I'm too new.

Edit: changed wording for clarity.
Opostomias

Discord: SageOSwag
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to work

Postby gennoveus » Thu May 14, 2020 7:31 pm

Vostyok wrote:@everyone
Thank you for all the comments. Please watch this space for more news. I'm getting close to the point where I shall be revealing a bit more of the next saga of the story. :D

The master returns. Oh happy day!!!
gennoveus

Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to work

Postby camper » Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 am

Vostyok wrote:@Camper
I do enjoy seeing your experiments. I'm working on getting this running on Qzdoom and Lzdoom for older hardware. I will have to see how that goes.

I’m a little afraid to talk here about other ports that are not genetically related to the Zdoom. I did experiments with k8vavoom https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... -12-build/
camper

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects