TheBadHustlex wrote:So. Now that I have played a lot of this mod, I can actually say more then "it's decent".
1) One huge plus-point is that you don't reload automatically. That's something I miss in a lot of mods.
2) The dual-revolvers feel like an exact copy of the RO-ones. Not bad, but kinda... lazy.
3) The single doublebarrel is an exact copy of the one in Psychic. Again, not bad, but sorta lazy. The dual-mode feels really cool with these, though.
4) There is too much ammo for the double-barrels. I alwas shot both of them at the same time, but I never managed to run out of ammo. I played on the fourth difficulty.
5) The machine-pistol and that rifle feel too similar while firing. Maybe one could have some more recoil.
6) The explosive revolver feels a little like a better version of the grenade-launcher. There is not enough difference between them, I think. Also, the alt-fire of that weapon feels exactly like the altfire of the revolver from ww-doomnukem.
7) The speed-sphere makes you too fast to play normally, I think.
This is what I'd like to have fixed. Other then that, it's pretty great.
2) I do wonder how am I supposed to make revolvers less, I don't know, feel like revolvers? Not mentioning that RO revolvers are way slower, they don't need to reload, and pack different kind of punch. Plus they aren't break-action like those two.
3) Blame me, as I was huge fan of that gun, so I literally nagged DN to make it work like that one. That's not laziness - just paying homage, heh.
4) I am kind of person who doesn't like to force one to use different weapons due to ammo shortage. Yeah, that's how it supposed to work, but... I never liked it. Blimey, at this rate I'll have to rig entirety of the mod with cvars, but I seriously can't (and don't want to) please everyone.
5) FMG supposed to have low recoil for semi-sniping purposes, and if I'd add any more recoil to the uzis, they would just feel bad with such inaccuracy on top.
6) They occupy the same slot, and fullfill similar purpose. And again, I felt that would fit for me, hence why I bothered with this kind of alt-fire. However, I would rather add ADS to it, as I guess it would increase its usefulness... if I had any sprites for that. (Not feeling like raiding aforementioned mod for that matter.)
7) Agreed, but only when it starts to stack up with your low health boost. I guess I should poke Zhs2 to make that take into account, and perhaps nullify, or just strongly shorten its effects.
And to agree with Marty - yeah, I love doing doom modding, but if you start to treat it like work - it stops making sense. I just hope you'll get the fun out of it once again, rather than quit forever, no matter the pain in the ass it can cause at times. (with me doing fonts recently as a lead example of such pain in the ass, heh. Well, now I think it was worth it!)