Merry Christmas! Have an NES Zapper!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: Merry Christmas! Have an NES Zapper!

Post by Gez »

The platform that surrounds the armor counts as secret, but not the platform with the armor itself. It'd be better if this was reversed, because it's possible to jump on the armor pedestal and skip back to the rest of the level without touching the sector below, and it's also possible to register the secret while missing the armor.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Any plans to make an autofire version for those who don't like to tap the shit out of their mouses?
ravage

Post by ravage »

Unholypimpin wrote:Any plans to make an autofire version for those who don't like to tap the shit out of their mouses?
I'm okay with the no-auto fire, but trying to rapidly fire with the alt+main fires hurts my hands. D:
Gez

Post by Gez »

alias mixbuttonmash "+attack; wait 1; -attack; wait 1; +altattack; wait 1; -altattack; wait 1; mixbuttonmash"

Enjoy! Your hands won't hurt anymore!

(Your eyes and ears will, though.)
Athel

Post by Athel »

The spikes are from Mega Man 1. Nice overall!
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

wildweasel wrote:Yessss. I love this, I love how you even have the "hit-check" flashing going on and that awesome springy noise when the trigger is pulled.
Yeah, lots of authenticity here.
It's a little on the difficult side, though, since even a basic Imp takes four shots to kill, and the dual Zappers don't always seem to respond when I pull the trigger.
Like I said, authenticity. :P
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I did not actually expect to need to update this, haha. Thanks for pointing out the issues and errors. The (hopefully-final) build is up, and hopefully it won't need any more changes after this. :P

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... sterv4.pk3
http://www.dropbox.com/s/8yakrhjsfuvvat ... sterv4.pk3

1: Fixed fence floating in the sky.
2: Fixed bright orange texture in the boss area.
3: Fixed towers having scrolling floors.
4: It's no longer possible to bypass the boss fight. Being able to bypass the blue door and red door were left in because sequence breaking is fun.
5: Another secret has been added to make UV runs a bit more manageable.
6: The boss now has a nasty extra gimmick on UV/Nightmare difficulty.
7: Damage increased from 15 to 16 for no other reason than so I can say its damage is 16-bit.
8: For c̶a̶s̶u̶a̶l̶s̶ people who don't like mashing their mouse keys, an option for automatic fire is now implemented. It's slower than semi-auto firing, but HEY

Thanks for playing, lads. Back to work on DemonSteele and Push for me.
Well, unless Mike has other ideas and surprises me with some new sprites...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”