Back in Black! Souls of Black

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: Back in Black! Souls of Black

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Double posting like a bastard:

New "A secret is revealed" sound, thanks to Jdagenet. :)

Can you guess what game it is from (I know that you know, Jdage :P )?

New dropped mag when you run out of ammo.

New ricochet bullet sounds.

I am done with the code for the MotorHead, but I need sounds for him, and I feel something else is missing...
BFG

Post by BFG »

I'm keeping tabs on this, I love the style you're going for. :rock:
Carbine Dioxide

Thanks, BFG. :)

I wasn't gonna post until I had the update complete, but I need opinion on a few things:

I'm thinking about adding a merchant that you can talk to and buy from. He will sell all the guns that are gonna be put into the mod. He will also sell some ammo and health items as well. Monsters won't drop weapons and will only drop ammo, making you rely on the merchant for weapons. I don't know what he should look like, or what item he will replace. All I know is that his name is Mr.Jack (a song by System of a Down). I probably should've learned how to code him before I posted here. Whatever.

Was thinking about him being a skeleton, like all the rest of the enemies are gonna be. By the way, here are some enemies I have planned:

Metal Head - skeleton soldiers wielding assault rifles, automatic shotguns, and heavy machine guns. The rifle men will shoot from 1 to 8 shots at once, the shot gunners will fire from 1 to 3 shots at once, and the heavy machine gunners will fire until Brownstone cannot be seen or until he is dead.

Motor Head - An android that can shoot 1 to 5 fire balls from his mouth. They will not melee like the imp does, but they will explode on death, so be careful when fighting them up close.

Killmister - A bigger and badder Motor Head. They have two flamethrower arms, and will fire 5 to 10 small fire balls. Don't worry, the fire balls will be too inaccurate for all of them to hit you.

Skeleton Witch - Don't know what this guy will do or what it will replace. Maybe make it a big boss and replace the Cyber Demon.

Lich King (from the band) - The king of all of them! He will wield a sword and shoot explosive fireballs until Brownstone can not be seen or until he is dead. I think he might replace the Spider Mastermind.

That's all I have for the enemies. I don't have concept/placeholder sprites for all the enemies yet.

I was also thinking about adding fatalities. Not for Brownstone to execute on enemies, but for the enemies to execute on Brownstone. I always like the way that enemies slaughter you in Brutal Doom. :twisted:

Please send me your feedback.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:I'm thinking about adding a merchant that you can talk to and buy from. He will sell all the guns that are gonna be put into the mod. He will also sell some ammo and health items as well. Monsters won't drop weapons and will only drop ammo, making you rely on the merchant for weapons. I don't know what he should look like, or what item he will replace. All I know is that his name is Mr.Jack (a song by System of a Down). I probably should've learned how to code him before I posted here. Whatever.
would be nice if you can use the strife trade system, and replacing megasphere into him.

btw, since Killmister don't have a spacing, why not doing it to other's name as well? for example, Metalhead and Motorhead.
Carbine Dioxide

I decided to call them that because they're small fry compared to the big bad asses that will come later.

Kill *space* Mister. Is that better?

It will have a strife based trade system. I don't know about replacing the mega sphere though. He would be in only Doom 2, Plutonia, and TNT, and would end up in the most awkward places.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”