Old DE Resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Amuscaria

Old DE Resources

Post by Amuscaria »

Since I get quite a few private messages asking me for permission for the use the old DE resources, I'm just gonna upload the file here. Everything in this file is OPEN FOR PUBLIC USE. It's filed under CC license (i believe) when I sent it to DECK (not sure if the guy never got the file, since I never got a response). Either way, I'm uploading it here again for more convenience. You needn't ask me for permission to use anything in this thread, although I'd appreciate being credited for working on them. I will upload more as I progress thru DE. The newer stuff will be released under CC when the new 1st episode is done. Until there, cheers.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gyzn ... _STUFF.rar

NOTE: Anything older from even earlier iterations of DE is also open for free use, however most of them are edited from original Doom graphics, so I really can't CC them. This goes for all the monsters on R667 as well.

EDIT: Removed some derivative stuff.
Last edited by Amuscaria on Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raymoohawk

Re: Old DE Resources

Post by raymoohawk »

awesome eriance!

a little question is the cc license you picked compatible with the modified bsd the freedoom and blassphener use (i think 03 is but im not sure, if you want i can look it up)? theres been recent talk of resurrecting blasphemer and it could benefit a lot from this. either way thanks for making them easely available :)

EDIT

didnt realize some of this was already in blasphemer :oops:
janiform

Post by janiform »

Eriance, most of these look like (awesome) original work, but a few things, like the keys and armor, are clearly modified Doom sprites. Could you clarify for the record which sprites use IWAD resources?
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

i second that, freedoom needs some new spheres :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

jute wrote:Eriance, most of these look like (awesome) original work, but a few things, like the keys and armor, are clearly modified Doom sprites. Could you clarify for the record which sprites use IWAD resources?
Did I include the recolored keys? Must have been a mistake. I'll remove the stuff that was derived (some of the weapons are missing a ammo pick up and or pick-up sprite). Everything else should be original.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Much good, very appreciate.
Been wanting to scrounge up a pack of your yummy sprites and now I don't have to.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

eriance, i was talking to the freedoom guys about your stuff, any chance you would let us use some of this over there? you would have to relicense it under the freedoom license. it is very similar to the cc licenses (i think ver 3 is actually compatible but i need to check it to make sure) the main diference being that it allows commercial use. freedoom could really benefit from your amazing stuff and even if someone made a commercial game out of it, they would still have the obligation of making your art freely available
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I, for one, like these weapons more than the ones currently in Freedoom.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

yes they would be great for freedoom!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

raymoohawk wrote:eriance, i was talking to the freedoom guys about your stuff, any chance you would let us use some of this over there? you would have to relicense it under the freedoom license. it is very similar to the cc licenses (i think ver 3 is actually compatible but i need to check it to make sure) the main diference being that it allows commercial use. freedoom could really benefit from your amazing stuff and even if someone made a commercial game out of it, they would still have the obligation of making your art freely available
seems fine to me. :)
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

thank you! ill tell the guys over at freedoom, if we do add your stuff you will recibe a confirmation message
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Semi-related to olderianceassets... it's fine if I resurrect the haktoria (RIP) succubus character for OpenArena3 right (as a player model)

just doublechecking there, because I still like the character and I still feel bad about being technically held up by mdl exporter and animation troubles (no thanks to Blender's regressive updates. 2.49/2.66a forever), hammer of thyrion even had coded support for it (though years later)

I'm sad too because I made some really great 8x8 serif console characters for it, still my best ever.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Do you think you can put the effects frames into different png files? If not that's cool
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

leileilol wrote:Semi-related to olderianceassets... it's fine if I resurrect the haktoria (RIP) succubus character for OpenArena3 right (as a player model)
That designs is yours, afaic.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

You know, older DE weapons might fit in Freedoom as well... But the Doomguy hands would have to be redrawn. (I don't think overdrawing them would be technically correct.)

Return to “Resources”