Edge: The Game [Hatred]

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Edge: The Game [Hatred]

Post by Kinsie »

Woolie Wool wrote:Was this game C&D'd or something? Is there a CliffsNotes version of this whole thing? I see a stupid, obnoxious trailer for a stupid, obnoxious game that seems to be about nothing but stupid, obnoxious adolescent petulance.
Epic asked the developers of this game to not use the Unreal Engine logo in their marketing and trailers without their permission. The developers politely complied, and that's the end of that chapter. They're not going after the game itself.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Looks like that dislike bar on Youtube is catching up real quick!

(I miss the days when the dislike bar was red heh)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Edge: The Game

Post by Matt »

Big C wrote:
Lava Grunt wrote:So basically Nathan Explosion goes on a brütal genocide quest with the sole intent of rustling as many jimmies as possible.
The thing that saddens me most about this video is that what you just said sounds like the best idea ever and this video does that concept total disservice.

The world needs a Metalocalypse video game. :(
I am seconding or thirding this, depending on the particulars of our dear reader's reckoning.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Didn't the animation studio behind Dethklok start a game dev wing a while back?

...oh, they haven't said anything about that side of the studio since 2009. Guess that's that, then.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Vaecrius wrote:
Big C wrote:
Lava Grunt wrote:So basically Nathan Explosion goes on a brütal genocide quest with the sole intent of rustling as many jimmies as possible.
The thing that saddens me most about this video is that what you just said sounds like the best idea ever and this video does that concept total disservice.

The world needs a Metalocalypse video game. :(
I am seconding or thirding this, depending on the particulars of our dear reader's reckoning.
Actually, I *THINK* they had a song in a Rock Band (RIP) game, but...It's just not the same.

What if it was a management sim from Charles Foster Offdensen's point of view, and you had to help keep the band financially afloat despite their Biblical-sized legal liability fees, massive upkeep costs, and propensity to spend money on stupid things? :lol:
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Big C wrote:What if it was a management sim from Charles Foster Offdensen's point of view, and you had to help keep the band financially afloat despite their Biblical-sized legal liability fees, massive upkeep costs, and propensity to spend money on stupid things? :lol:
So something like a modern Rock Star Ate My Hamster, then?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Kinsie wrote:
Big C wrote:What if it was a management sim from Charles Foster Offdensen's point of view, and you had to help keep the band financially afloat despite their Biblical-sized legal liability fees, massive upkeep costs, and propensity to spend money on stupid things? :lol:
So something like a modern Rock Star Ate My Hamster, then?
Not unacceptable!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Welp, at least its better than a school shooting game...
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

I'm still pissed at the asshat on YouTube who used Mutiny as the basis for a literal school shooting wad. He filled it with scientists so they don't even fight back.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

I'll wait with the rating until I actually complete the game, and maybe find some sense in it. If the whole game is about "kill everything that isn't you", that's just pretty sad.
Albeit, to be honest, very good oldschool games have more or less the same storyline. Take Tyrian 2000 - the protagonists' parents get killed on Savara, in response, he genocides most of the galaxy. Yeh, ok, it's not that graphical and literal...still...
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

not all personal beliefs should be accepted by society as okay
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

JimmyJ wrote:not all personal beliefs should be accepted by society as okay
Apparently the guys who made this game are NOT Nazis, that was just a rumor that was spread by a guy who hated the game.
Blox

Post by Blox »

wow a smear campaign to demonize someone

never heard of that shit before, no sir
(btw gamers are dead and gamergate is about stomping on poor women because they won't bend over for prepubescents)
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Reactor wrote:Take Tyrian 2000 - the protagonists' parents get killed on Savara, in response, he genocides most of the galaxy. Yeh, ok, it's not that graphical and literal...still...
To be fair, MicroSol owns most of the galaxy, and they're willing to throw all of that at one man if that's what it takes.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

It looks like you go around and kill stuff that doesn't even attack you. It's not even depicted funny or satirical, it's just dark and serious. In RD, at least 85% of everything tries to kill you, too.
Woolie Wool wrote:I'm still pissed at the asshat on YouTube who used Mutiny as the basis for a literal school shooting wad. He filled it with scientists so they don't even fight back.
I almost thought you meant me, before I realized what Mutiny is.

Return to “Off-Topic”