ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend.

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend

Post by NightFright »

With the release of Adventures of Square ep.2, it would be time to update zde.pk3 once again, I guess...
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Edit: it's done.
Last edited by Bloodbat on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I just uploaded a new beta for the old series that fixes a nasty segmentation violation when identifying PK3 files. No new versions are included in zde.pk3, it was just a quick, dirty fix.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I mistakenly uploaded a package with the wrong zde.pk3 for the fixed beta, it has been updated with the proper one, along with the stand-alone zde.pk3 in the ZDE download repository, this new zde.pk3 includes the newest versions of The Adventures of Square.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

To give an inspiration to this project:

After seeing the new Doomie launcher with its neat playlist feature, I wonder if it was possible for ZDE to have separate "External Files" list for each IWAD. This way you could prevent external files from even showing up in the list if it doesn't work with the selected IWAD, e.g. a mod that changes Heretic weapons shouldn't be shown with any Doom IWADs, but you can add it for selection when choosing heretic.wad.

A neat thing would be if this was an optional feature you could toggle through the menu since I am not sure if this is something everybody may want.

Another idea would be a "Lite" version of the launcher which basically only features the "Game" tab (so no tabs are needed at all). I have found myself completely ignoring any other tabs besides that one and would like to see a version which is just reduced to launching singleplayer games without any needless extras.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Bug report: When changing IWAD from "Read from external files" to any other IWAD, the first PWAD in the External Files list is completely ignored on next launch. The only way to fix this is by closing and reopening ZDE.

Feature request: IWAD support for doom_complete.pk3.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

@Zhs2
I'll look into that bug for version 2.
The Doom complete pk3 is not the same as Smooshed? Version 2 kinda supports smooshed.
@NightFright
Doomie launcher probably uses a database, if someone's willing to actually capture it, I might be willing to implement it, we would need to work out the details.
While a lite version sounds easy on err...virtual paper, it would be more work for me, so just keep ignoring tabs you don't use :P, also, the Advanced tab contains stuff relevant to single player game as well.
Attachments
zdeadv.png
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Doom Complete.pk3 isn't entirely like WadSmoshed, Doom Complete adds Doom 2 stuff into Doom 1's levels (Super Shotgun, Enemies, ect.)
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

BoneofMalkav wrote:Doom Complete.pk3 isn't entirely like WadSmoshed, Doom Complete adds Doom 2 stuff into Doom 1's levels (Super Shotgun, Enemies, ect.)
Zhs2 is talking about the doom_complete.pk3 file that WadSmoosh outputs.
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

phantombeta wrote:
BoneofMalkav wrote:Doom Complete.pk3 isn't entirely like WadSmoshed, Doom Complete adds Doom 2 stuff into Doom 1's levels (Super Shotgun, Enemies, ect.)
Zhs2 is talking about the doom_complete.pk3 file that WadSmoosh outputs.
Ah ok, my bad then
dgrave09

Post by dgrave09 »

I am not having success with the sourceforge download of the zde launcher. it initially downloaded fine but now it shows up almost cut in half vertically and I cant use some of the buttons. HELP
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

If you're referring to the download itself...I hope Sourceforge fixes its stuff.
If the program downloads correctly, well, it would be rather helpful to get the version you're downloading and the OS you're using, considering what you seem to describe, a picture would be useful.
TheLostSabre

Post by TheLostSabre »

How's development for ZDE 2.0 coming along? Been a while since I last heard of it.
CherenTheCat

Post by CherenTheCat »

This seems to work great, except that the size of the window cuts off about 3/4ths of the interface for me, which blocks off some options. Any idea what's up with it? It's really the only thing turning me off from it.
TheBeardedJedi

Post by TheBeardedJedi »

The UI will glitch like that if scaling options are enabled on your display. I really hope the author comes back to work on this frontend soon. It's my favorite by far thanks to the custom profile configs.

Return to “Launchers”