PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 03-June-2017)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Xim wrote:Pretty much everything that's in the "graphics" folder.
Right, it's done. :)
User avatar
Legend
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Legend »

Haven't tried it yet, but do the decals work? I know it's possible. I made decals work in psx doom before, but it was so long ago, I can't quite recall what I adjusted. I know there was a thread post around here somewhere that explained the information I used to do it.

Is it compatible with droplets and and the sd compatibility patch?
User avatar
Devianteist
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Devianteist »

I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

I don't use the SSG very much, but this seems like a very broken oddity. Seeing as no one else has voiced this complaint, I think I may have screwed something up. I have tried deleting and redownloadig this and the TC, but the problem persists.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Devianteist wrote:I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

I don't use the SSG very much, but this seems like a very broken oddity. Seeing as no one else has voiced this complaint, I think I may have screwed something up. I have tried deleting and redownloadig this and the TC, but the problem persists.
What you mean you can't use it anymore?
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by wildweasel »

Devianteist wrote:I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

I don't use the SSG very much, but this seems like a very broken oddity. Seeing as no one else has voiced this complaint, I think I may have screwed something up. I have tried deleting and redownloadig this and the TC, but the problem persists.
Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
User avatar
Devianteist
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Devianteist »

wildweasel wrote: Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
I have, but I haven't tried running the mod in quite some time. I'll give it a try.
User avatar
Legend
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Legend »

what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Legend wrote:what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.
Ok so if you played the PSX Doom TC with regular the smooth doom:

1) The statusbar is messed up.
2) The weapons are not in their correct PSX Doom weapon slots (If that makes sense)
3) The Archvile will appear but he was never in the original PSX Doom. (And other enemies were put in his palces on certain levels)
4) Nightmare Spectres don't have smooth animations
5) 2 types of switches will turn into wall textures when activated.

So yeah, that's what Smooth-PSX-Doom does. it fixes those problems.
User avatar
Legend
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Legend »

sdk2k9 wrote:
Legend wrote:what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.
Ok so if you played the PSX Doom TC with regular the smooth doom:

1) The statusbar is messed up.
2) The weapons are not in their correct PSX Doom weapon slots (If that makes sense)
3) The Archvile will appear but he was never in the original PSX Doom. (And other enemies were put in his palces on certain levels)
4) Nightmare Spectres don't have smooth animations
5) 2 types of switches will turn into wall textures when activated.

So yeah, that's what Smooth-PSX-Doom does. it fixes those problems.
I probably haven't played enough to notice most of those issues. And was using an older version of the tv for a while till just the other day.

Will this work with the smooth doom compatible version of droplets?
User avatar
Shadez12
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:04 pm
Location: Wow

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Shadez12 »

Would be nice if it was compatible with Threshold Of Pain as well.
User avatar
Devianteist
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Devianteist »

wildweasel wrote: -snipped out SSG problems tidbit- Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
Just redownloaded this and the PSX Doom TC, and yes. My issues with the SSG persist even with a blank INI file. This is highly dissappointing, as I sorely wish I could use the full SmoothPSX DOOM mod, rather than just the SmoothMonstersOnly.pk3 from the Smooth DOOM topic.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Devianteist wrote:
wildweasel wrote: -snipped out SSG problems tidbit- Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
Just redownloaded this and the PSX Doom TC, and yes. My issues with the SSG persist even with a blank INI file. This is highly dissappointing, as I sorely wish I could use the full SmoothPSX DOOM mod, rather than just the SmoothMonstersOnly.pk3 from the Smooth DOOM topic.
Oh. Well I downloaded it and I couldn't use the SSG either. Yeah sorry about that I cocked up when I was updating the mod. Anyway I fixed the problem and the link has been updated.
User avatar
Devianteist
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Devianteist »

sdk2k9 wrote:
Devianteist wrote:
wildweasel wrote: -snipped out SSG problems tidbit- Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
Just redownloaded this and the PSX Doom TC, and yes. My issues with the SSG persist even with a blank INI file. This is highly dissappointing, as I sorely wish I could use the full SmoothPSX DOOM mod, rather than just the SmoothMonstersOnly.pk3 from the Smooth DOOM topic.
Oh. Well I downloaded it and I couldn't use the SSG either. Yeah sorry about that I cocked up when I was updating the mod. Anyway I fixed the problem and the link has been updated.
yaheshua
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by yaheshua »

Hi

I'd like to know if you can help me, please. I can´t get this mod to work. I put this on the PSXDOOM ini, in the Doom2 autoload section or in the CFG file, and every time I try to launch the game it stops, with this message "Script error, "SmoothPSXDoom.pk3:deco/monsters/demon.txt" line 55:Unknown render style 'Subtract'". If I drag and drop this to the BAT file, it doesn´t work. I'm using GZDoom 1.8.02, and everything else (TC, music, Smooth PSX) from the links you provided.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
User avatar
Devianteist
Posts: 945
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Devianteist »

yaheshua wrote:Hi

I'd like to know if you can help me, please. I can´t get this mod to work. I put this on the PSXDOOM ini, in the Doom2 autoload section or in the CFG file, and every time I try to launch the game it stops, with this message "Script error, "SmoothPSXDoom.pk3:deco/monsters/demon.txt" line 55:Unknown render style 'Subtract'". If I drag and drop this to the BAT file, it doesn´t work. I'm using GZDoom 1.8.02, and everything else (TC, music, Smooth PSX) from the links you provided.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Try updating your GZDoom. 1.8.02 is horribly outdated. Grab one of the 2.x builds (if your PC is OpenGL 3.x compatible) or GZDoom 1.8.10.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”