The Teminator(WIP)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The Teminator(WIP)

Post by xenoxols »

Well, It's more for gameplay purposes than anything else. Although I will probably increase the tougher enemies resistance to it, as it kills them too fast, IMO.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

alright then. btw, look what i got!
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Thank you so much. Now the only weapon that looks like it's the wrong gun is the AR-18.
MarlboroMike2100

Post by MarlboroMike2100 »

Well, browsing away from my corner of the forms of where I usually hang, saw this and noticed my T700-101 Exo Skel's(edits I think, they've been edited by others a few times) here, figured I'd copy my term sheets incase they are of use. My usual rules apply, if used credit, if edited co credit.
Unfinished T-552 Flame thrower unit
Exo 101 T1A2
Exo 101 T2
T-600 basic and Chaingunner... sorry, no rubber skin.
T Exo 700-102 Half cooked
T Exo 802 early attempt Shotgunner
Donno if these will help or not.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Ah yes, I have been using your sprites in this project, it has been very helpful. I did give credit(I think) in the credits file in the pk3(Where all the credits are). However, I may have not put your name down for the one Hornetzero edited. If not, it will be there in the next release.

EDIT: Also, work has been slowing down a little, cause I'm back at school.
MarlboroMike2100

Post by MarlboroMike2100 »

Oh I understand, and not a problem, wasn't sure how much you were using due to checking around for screen shots etc.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Ok, new update. New shotgun sprite, and a lot of minor tweaks and bug fixes. Also, MarlboroMike2100, I will probably put all of these in here eventually. Though don't worry about making more, that's pretty much enough.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Very good Xeno. Sfx look good, but you need to speed up their motion a bit and add variations to the kinds of special effects that come out (by variation, I mean separate bullet decals and impact implosions from projectiles. There are plenty of those in Insanity requiem);

Other things:

- Ensure that the reload key is registered as "hold" and not taps, because it interrupts the animation of the reload on most of the guns.
- The dual shotgun/assault rifle combo needs some tweaking with its reloading on the shotgun part, which always switches back to shotgun only mode.
- The punch on the wall needs to create debris like particles flying around and play a louder sound of a wall being caved in.
- The smoke you added is a nice touch but there should be a smoke grey explosion first before the smoke is created. Also, the projectile needs to give out a smoke trail and all smoke effects should use an alpha setting.
- I can try and provide a separate sprite for the M79 grenade launcher, but add alpha to the explosions it creates and add a sound of the grenade round being loaded inside the weapon before its ready to be used again.
- I think the dual plasma rifle combo was a good thing. Overpowered a bit, but definitely a good weapon choice. I wouldn't mind it returns. Just that you change the way it is held, because Arnie holds it like a pistol, not a machine gun.
- The Terminator needs a electric shock animation with smoke and sparks coming from him when he dies. The electric shock can be taken from the mixing the Teleportation effects from Doom, Hexen and Heretic (with one uniform blue saturated color and alpha of course) and the rest of the stuff you already have more or less.
- I liked that touch you added of The Terminator blinking when its health was low. Don't know why you removed it. Could be really cool if it returns along with random sparks coming from the player.

That should be all for now.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Here is the new M79:

EDIT: Just realized this thing looks more like a shotgun due to the small barrel. Will correct and post with a reload animation as well.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

yes, it does looks like a single barreled shotgun to me. gotta gain it some weight. also add the square ironsight in it.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Well here is what I have so far:

yes, it does looks like a single barreled shotgun to me. gotta gain it some weight. also add the square ironsight in it.
The iron sight is actually the difficult part along with what the grenade shell would look like inside the barrel. I tried making the ironsight (You can see the indentation on the main barrel frame), but couldn't get it to look right so far.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Alright thanks! I do think the stock doesn't look like an M79's though.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

What do you mean?
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Doesn't look quite right.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Well it's been a while. No update, just saying that I'm still working on it. Rather slowly though, as I don't have all that much free time anymore. Expect updates, but not at any particular time. Oh, and that minigun terminator(look up a few posts) will be in the next update.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”