Predators - Hellspawn Hunters [Working on the v0.4a]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Predators - Hellspawn Hunters [Working on the v0.4a]

Post by Vostyok »

Okay. Not sure what happened there. Try this link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ypkmb2vrjda87f2

I've uploaded the death frames and fiddled with the decorate a bit. Green blood is now in. Let me know if you have any problems.
patrik

Post by patrik »

Nice Jungle Hunter, indeed. Kudos for including frames for all rotations and not relying on mirorring. I also like little detail that next to last frame of death shows Predator without mask. Looking forward to XDeath frames. Hmm, so next one is City Hunter, right? I mean it is cool to see sprite interpretations of classic predators, but will they all visually fit roles of player classes we have?

I hope you wont mind bit of my nitpicking. ;)
- Some of side view frames seem to me like having bit too much protruding chest. (PLAYA3, PLAYA7, PLAYB3, PLAYB7, PLAYC7, PLAYD3, PLAYD7, PLAYE7, PLAYF7)
- I suggest widening space between legs in these frames (PLAYD2, PLAYD8).
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, the Jungle Hunter could easily fit the roles of both Hunter and the Assassin (former Light) Predador. The Hunter Predator was originally was inspired by the City Hunter (even on the first post), and the Assault Pred was inspired by Wolf (which is nothing but a better armored Hunter) so i think it's safe to say that so far, so good. The only Predator that will need some extra work is the Berserker (former Heavy) Predator, that i took inspiration from the hulking muscular Predator from AvP 2 (the game, not the movie).
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I can edit it to match the description more, as well as for the points mentioned above. Did you want melee frames? I wanted to have each class use a different attack for each set I.e. wristblades/plasma caster for missile/melee state for one hypothetical class. If you let me know what each class has as their "preferred" weapons, this could give each class a bit more character - I'm not into blatant recolors.

But I can do anything you want, to be honest.

Glad you liked it, anyway.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, yes, i think melee attacks would be nice. I think all Predators could use some sprites for both wristblades and Plasma Casters since those are the main weapons of all Predators. We could work on some other attacks in the future, since every character has it's own set of weapons, but i think since we're still in alpha, these two attacks will do for now. Also, since i was thinking about decapitation finishers, maybe an uppercut in Mortal Kombat fashion could be nice:

Anyway, thank you for your hard work, Vostyok.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Decapitation/spine rip would be bad ass! Also how about cutting the enemy in half with the disc; and/or at the knees like in predator 2?

Or how about the Predator says one of the classic voice replays like "want some candy?" Right before disembowling a human.

Maybe even try to recreate the fatalities from the Predator in MKX
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

The enemies are being cut in a half by disk for a while now, but not as a finishing move. I don't want to put a lot of "fatalities" or it will look like "Brutal Doom: Predator Edition", however i do want a spine rip decapitation for the lore sake. Predators have being doing it since 1987, so this is a good addition, i think. I'll probably make it a completely optional attack, so you won't break the flow of the game unless you really want it.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

As you may have noticed, i couldn't finish the new version yet and i'm 3 days late on schedule and i'm really sorry about that. But i want to clarify that i'm still working on it, although i had to take a little break thanks to the real life. Basically, i'm unemployed, my last bosses refuses to pay my salary from March stating they have no money, and since my country is facing a crisis, it's hard to find another job. Me and my girlfriend are also rebuilding our house, so i've been living these days among dust, debris and paint cans and i'm having no spare time. But i'm not giving up yet!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:As you may have noticed, i couldn't finish the new version yet and i'm 3 days late on schedule and i'm really sorry about that. But i want to clarify that i'm still working on it, although i had to take a little break thanks to the real life. Basically, i'm unemployed, my last bosses refuses to pay my salary from March stating they have no money, and since my country is facing a crisis, it's hard to find another job. Me and my girlfriend are also rebuilding our house, so i've been living these days among dust, debris and paint cans and i'm having no spare time. But i'm not giving up yet!
I'm glad to see you are still among the living :D I know what your are going through because i'm living almost the same situation and i don't have much time to improve my mod with new stuff and maps. Don't worry about delaying the release of your project. We all know it takes time to do a quality work so once again don't worry about it. Just be sure to take care of yourself :)
patrik

Post by patrik »

Dont worry about that. Important things go always first. Good luck with finding job and sorting things in your life.
I would rather wait even another month, than get rushed mod "without soul", anyway. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”