RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AFADoomer

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by AFADoomer »

It's intended for ZDoom, but if you want to run it in GZDoom, edit the .bat file in notepad and change the engine in line 5 from "../zdoom.exe" to "../gzdoom.exe" and put all of the files in a subfolder under your GZDoom folder. Or just open the BStone.pk7 file with whatever engine you want to use, if you don't care about the .cfg file loading.
sdk2k9

Post by sdk2k9 »

Your Blake Stone TC is awesome so far will you be finishing it off?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Like I said, it hasn't been updated in a year. I haven't had the time or motivation to pick it back up. So I don't know.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i would be greatly play it when it comes completely, i'll waiting for any volunteer whose have interest on blake stone, then.
StarController

Post by StarController »

I'm very very happy to see that an update has been made, and I've already downloaded it. I'm afraid the changelog linked to from first post needs to be updated though. Thanks for continuing to work on this, as it's too friggin cool to let lie, in my humble opinion.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

The changelog is correct, with the addition of changing the Dog score points... I don't have an svn client set up on this machine, so can't update that DECORATE file properly right now, but will when I get time to rebuild my modding workflow.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

There was a glitch where the Devil Incarnate kept waking up or something, playing his "see" sound after he finished attacking. There were others I found, but it's been a while since I've last played through, so I'll let you know if I remember or find anymore.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

After a playthrough of Episode 3 "Die, Fürher, Die!", Hitler's death animation very briefly flashes a glimpse of the Übermutant.
I am also pleasantly surprised by how well the hires sprites and textures actually do manage to mesh with the lower detailed non-boss enemies.
Day_Man

Post by Day_Man »

Okay, I'm having trouble getting W3DTC to run with ZDoom. I've tried following the (rather sparse) directions but each time I load ZDoom, the regular Doom game loads instead of W3D. I've got the directory set up as follows: C://Games/ZDoom/Wolfenstein 3D TC. The base ZDoom files are in the /ZDoom directory, but I copied them to the /W3DTC folder just in case (no difference).

When I double-clicked the Consolidated TC.bat file, everything seemed to work properly. I loaded ZDoom, and it went through all the loading text, but everything is Doom oriented. I can't find anything for Wolfenstein 3D. Just to check, I went to options and opened the console. There are a couple of green entries that state, "Cannot load non-doom demo." Is this related?

What am I doing wrong? Please help!
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Project Dark Fox wrote:After a playthrough of Episode 3 "Die, Fürher, Die!", Hitler's death animation very briefly flashes a glimpse of the Übermutant.
I am also pleasantly surprised by how well the hires sprites and textures actually do manage to mesh with the lower detailed non-boss enemies.
Fixed... Had to change a "SPR153" to "SPR152" in the high-res textures.txt file.
Day_Man wrote:Okay, I'm having trouble getting W3DTC to run with ZDoom. I've tried following the (rather sparse) directions but each time I load ZDoom, the regular Doom game loads instead of W3D. I've got the directory set up as follows: C://Games/ZDoom/Wolfenstein 3D TC. The base ZDoom files are in the /ZDoom directory, but I copied them to the /W3DTC folder just in case (no difference).

When I double-clicked the Consolidated TC.bat file, everything seemed to work properly. I loaded ZDoom, and it went through all the loading text, but everything is Doom oriented. I can't find anything for Wolfenstein 3D. Just to check, I went to options and opened the console. There are a couple of green entries that state, "Cannot load non-doom demo." Is this related?

No idea... It sounds like you're somehow not loading the resource files. What version of ZDoom (or GZDoom) are you running?

What happens if you drag and drop "Wolf3d_Common.pk7" onto zdoom.exe?
Day_Man

Post by Day_Man »

AFADoomer wrote:
Day_Man wrote:Okay, I'm having trouble getting W3DTC to run with ZDoom. I've tried following the (rather sparse) directions but each time I load ZDoom, the regular Doom game loads instead of W3D. I've got the directory set up as follows: C://Games/ZDoom/Wolfenstein 3D TC. The base ZDoom files are in the /ZDoom directory, but I copied them to the /W3DTC folder just in case (no difference).

No idea... It sounds like you're somehow not loading the resource files. What version of ZDoom (or GZDoom) are you running?

What happens if you drag and drop "Wolf3d_Common.pk7" onto zdoom.exe?
My version of ZDoom is 2.7.1 according to the exe file.

When I drag and drop "Wolf3d_Common.pk7" onto the exe file, I get this error:

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Unexpected character: Ñ (ASCII -47)

When I open the pk7 file with WinRar, all the files and folder show up (as they should?).

I went back and tried to redo everything from the beginning. When I ran the Consolidated TC .bat file, I got this error:

Script error, "GAMEINFO" line 1:
Expected identifier but got integer constant '0' instead.

However, there was the zdoom-[NAME]-SoD file created next to the zdoom-[NAME] file.
phantombeta
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

That's very outdated. A fuckton of functions and bug fixes have been added since 2.7.1. Get the latest version here.
Day_Man

Post by Day_Man »

phantombeta wrote:That's very outdated. A fuckton of functions and bug fixes have been added since 2.7.1. Get the latest version here.
Hah! That did it!

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks for all the help and hard work!
SilverShield

Post by SilverShield »

Several questions:

1. Need some help trying to run this on Doom Touch (GZdoom port on Android). Here's my load order, Args: -file mods/Wolf3D.pk7 -file mods/Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 -file mods/Wolft3D_Common.pk7 -file mods/Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7

However music doesn't work. What else should I do / tweak to make music work? Thanks, I'm sure help with this would be useful to many people too.

2. Also, has anyone included the flamethrower/rocket launcher into the singleplayer campaign yet?

3. The HUD is not scaled for the latest dev builds of Zdoom/GZdoom. This was mentioned a while ago.
EDIT: SOLVED I think. In SBarInfo, you just need to copy and paste the lines from "Statusbar Automap //, ForceScaled", AND then paste them over the lines for "Statusbar Normal //, ForceScaled". This fixes it, though I don't understand the lines.
TheRealRudy

Post by TheRealRudy »

Finally, I've been searching trough the entire web for a place where people could help me with this; How do I get Doom Builder 2 working with the Wolfenstein 3D TC?
I've been seeing various videos on youtube containing custom made levels for Wolf3D TC, and I really want to make a vertical Wolf3D level aswell.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”