HereticPlus [Randomizer] Update 9/21/14

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PRIMEVAL

HereticPlus [Randomizer] Update 9/21/14

Post by PRIMEVAL »

One day I attempted to make a randomizer for Doom, but it occurred to me how many times it was done. Then I realized how little love Heretic seems to get in comparison and decided to make a randomizer for it. Still work in progress, got some things to work out but it is playable right now. Feel free to check it out and give some feedback.

Also, HereticPlus is a placeholder name and I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a new name. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Contents
+New Monsters
+New Weapons
+New Artifacts
+New Props
+Fixed sprites by Revenant100
+Widescreen hud by Revenant100

Known bugs
-Hefty Wand Ammo GL light not working
-D'Sparil replacements do not trigger boss death script in E3M8

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0g1b6 ... icPlus.pk3

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6m66az ... KM95xDacDw
Last edited by PRIMEVAL on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Valherran

Re: Heretic+ [Randomizer]

Post by Valherran »

Error 404 when clicking the DL link. :-(
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

That's weird, it works on the Doomworld thread (http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/6 ... er-gzdoom/)...

I'll add a mediafire link in the OP here, but it probably won't be as updated as the Dropbox link.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

you might wanna change the name so as to not cause any confusion between the enhancement mod Heretic++.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Sunuva... Okay, I'll change the name of the file in the next update. Blimey, I thought I was being all original.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: HereticPlus [Randomizer]

well, regardless of the mod's name, i took a look into it, and i liked what i saw so far. nothing really gamebreaking and seems interesting enough. there were a few things, though;

- the fire wand seems strange in its behaviour, and often hits you when you're moving forward. also, the wand is very tiny compared to the Elven one.
- there's some text oddities. the heretic and Hexen games never had commas and ellipses in their messages, or stuff like the "yum" for eating an apple, so seeing them in the new items creates inconsistency. unless you're planning to change every piece of text so that it sounds differently, you might wanna change things such as "eating some carrots" and "eating an apple, yum" to "whatever carrots" and "delicious apple", to create consistency. not a huge deal, but i don't like text inconsistency in my Doom engine mods. :p

other than that, nothing worth griping yet. none of the new enemies seem overpowered just yet, and the new items are kind of fun to pick up and see what they do.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Yeah, the FireCrystal I'm still playing around with. I like it's Pros, but the Cons can get annoying. Heh. And I'll look into the text, I actually never noticed that. xD
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

New update (link in OP), some more balancing with the stronger monsters, small textual nitpicks sorted out, death glitches fixed, and new placeholder name. Check it, yo.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good new, proper name for this mod, please let me know!
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

what about Aleatoruxx as a name?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Maybe call it Heretic: Depths of Hell or something, since you have a lot more monsters and such?
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Aleatoruxx... is that referencing something I'm not getting by chance? lol Quite a complicated name it seems. Thank you, though, for the suggestions. They're noted. Any feedback on the mod itself, though? xD
Viscra Maelstrom

if you still wanna keep the plus in the name, you could call it HerePlus, maybe. i guess it's not of huge priority until you get to make a titlepic or something, though. i'll get through the updated version soon.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Well since the mod do random things and random in spanish means Aleatio i just did a little modification :P no big dead lol
about the mod, will be better that the squeleton dead was faster or a better way to die and the alter version of the bow can you make it shoot more in a center pattern?
massacrebosco

Post by massacrebosco »

This sounds really good. I like this randomizer. :D
But will you try to make a randomizer for Hexen too ? 8-)
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

That I'm not so sure on, it may be a bit more complicated than Heretic or Doom. I can always attempt it, though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”